Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Chapel has the absolute worst totem spawns of any map

Hillbilly420
Hillbilly420 Member Posts: 844
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Sorry to make two threads complaining but this is pretty ridiculous:

I can't believe this made it past the PTB after the devs have been told about it. I can actually believe that the map guy would allow this to happen because in all honesty the guy you have to make maps absolutely sucks at his job.

The vast majority of the time in the chapel map the totem WILL spawn either right next to a gen, right next to Survivors, or right on top of a hill. It's guaranteed you will not get a decent spot on this map. Which is funny because the Asylum map sometimes has decent totem spawns. It has the same problem where they spawn right next to gens most of the time but at least they don't spawn on top of hills or right next to Survivors that often. I know it happens but it's way less often.

Hey numbnuts, why can't the totem spawn waaayyyyy in the back where all the carnival ######### is where it can blend in and be a lot more hidden?

And BTW the map sucks dick. I'm sorry but it really sucks. Whose idea was it that the center building should be made up of nothing but vaults and outside of the building are constant jungle gyms with a safe pallet and a window? Not to mention having hills with hooks where there's only one path to get on top of the hill unlike Red Forest. Which means when you down someone around the outskirts of the building that's often the closest hook and you often have to go all the way around the hill up the path to finally hook the person. Who thought that was a good idea? You'd have to be mentally re.tarded to think that's fine and ship it as-is.

FIRE. THE. MAP. GUY. Please.

Comments

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

Totems just need to stay off hills period unless it's hidden by a tree or something.

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

@Hillbilly420 said:
    Sorry to make two threads complaining but this is pretty ridiculous:

I can't believe this made it past the PTB after the devs have been told about it. I can actually believe that the map guy would allow this to happen because in all honesty the guy you have to make maps absolutely sucks at his job.

The vast majority of the time in the chapel map the totem WILL spawn either right next to a gen, right next to Survivors, or right on top of a hill. It's guaranteed you will not get a decent spot on this map. Which is funny because the Asylum map sometimes has decent totem spawns. It has the same problem where they spawn right next to gens most of the time but at least they don't spawn on top of hills or right next to Survivors that often. I know it happens but it's way less often.

Hey numbnuts, why can't the totem spawn waaayyyyy in the back where all the carnival ######### is where it can blend in and be a lot more hidden?

And BTW the map sucks dick. I'm sorry but it really sucks. Whose idea was it that the center building should be made up of nothing but vaults and outside of the building are constant jungle gyms with a safe pallet and a window? Not to mention having hills with hooks where there's only one path to get on top of the hill unlike Red Forest. Which means when you down someone around the outskirts of the building that's often the closest hook and you often have to go all the way around the hill up the path to finally hook the person. Who thought that was a good idea? You'd have to be mentally re.tarded to think that's fine and ship it as-is.

FIRE. THE. MAP. GUY. Please.

good