With Sony rolling out cross platform support...

Options
KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747

Does that mean we can get cross play with the nintendo switch and xbox one? Or at the very least cross platform data?

Answers

• LoneBighorn
    LoneBighorn Member Posts: 17
    Options

Console leaderboards please. PC can have their own off in the corner or something.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I’d like cross play for every platform, I’m a PS4 player and I play with pc players in Paladins all the time, I’d be ok with facing them in dbd.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Ok console players have fun vs PC nurse. (Oh wait nurse is about to be awful)

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hmm interesting. I wonder if this nerf is due to making nurse more tolerable to play as a console player.

In short, it's Sony's fault nurse got nerfed. And those builds with super strong add ons and perks, and of course swfs but I think the Devs might have had an eye on cross platform play.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    edited October 2019
    Options

As a PS4 player I don't want to play against someone on the PC. As players with a mouse and key board have a higher skill level ceiling than those with a controller, which would be an unfair advantage.

EDIT: For example a lot a lot of PC players can moonwalk, and can use it to juke the killer (such as the Nurse). Not many players on the console can moonwalk. I can moonwalk with a controller, but not as well as a player with a mouse and keyboard can moonwalk.

Post edited by Nutty_Professor on
  • Pleebean
    Pleebean Member Posts: 22
    Options

Moonwalking isn't a juke, It's only to flex on baby killers lmao. I haven't missed a single hit on someone who is moonwalking at me as they are still going in a straight line.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

I would fully support cross play as long as i have the option to avoid playing people on PC.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

I'd support it, I play on console and PC with a PS4 controller. Only noticeable difference for me is the power of the nurse, which is being toned down.

• Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 89
    Options

I love the idea of cross-play, but I'd just like it to be totally configurable.

I mean, allow players to choose exactly what platforms they want to play with in the settings. Personally, I'd just play console plaforms (XBOX and PS4), because I'm on PS4. I feel that PC players have an advantage because of using mouse and keyboard, as opposed to controller. This is a suspicion and not based on personal experience.

• Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 89
    Options

As a fellow PS4 player, I agree.

I also feel that PC survivors have an advantage during a chase, due to keyboard and mouse. Whenever I watch gameplay on YouTube, PC players seem to be able to track the killer using the camera, a lot better than I ever can. I suspect its due to the versatility of using a mouse. It might also be due to a higher maximum sensitivity setting for PC than console. It's just a suspicion and I could be wrong, as some PS4 players are great in a chase.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    Options

I disagree moonwalking can be quite handy against Nurses. Although I'm still not great at moonwalking, I only use it to show off as most players on the console can't moonwalk.

It's still possible to track where the killer is on the PS4, although it does sometimes feel that the camera turns slower than milk even on the highest sensitivity.

• KingsGambit
    KingsGambit Member Posts: 2
    Options

As another PS4 player, I am completely in favor of cross platform especially with PC players. Que times for everybody would be instant, we would see a wider range of killers and survivor builds and the ONLY argument against it seems to be "omg the PC nurse though".

I say bring it on, we need more quality killers on console. There are so few killers at rank 1 on ps4 you see the same few over and over. As a console Nurse myself, I have seen probably less than a good handful of good Nurses and Huntresses.

More of a challenge should not discourage anyone from wanting cross platform.

Go derank if it bothers you all that much

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I'd love it but I don't see it happening, At least not anytime soon.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

You play ps4 awesome. Maybe you can teach me how to be a better killer lol

• Jayjay
    Jayjay Member Posts: 16
    Options

Id be interested in cross console platform you guys have neglected to mention that pc also gets much better frame rates and much less lag while in game then consoles do. This is a very distinct advantage not to mention mouse sensitivity is much higher then controller sensitivity.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options