Why are there no more 2700 shard perks?

About 3 months ago I made this (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/78676/poised-is-the-wrong-value-on-the-shrine#latest) thread, that Poised was worth 2000 shards despite it being the first time it showed up.

Since then there have been NO 2700 shard perks on the shrine. We have seen many DLC perks showing up for the first time, including Discordance this week. None of them have been worth 2700 shards.

This means we are LOSING value on these perks, as 2000 shard perks give 75 bloodpoints per shard, and 2700 perks give 92.5 bloodpoints per shard.

This hasn't been mentioned in any patches, nor has it been addressed, so why are these perks being reduced in value for no reason?

@Peanits

Comments

• pronursemain
    pronursemain Member Posts: 23

guess they to busy nerfing nurse and cashing in battleroyale passes freemium model profits than actual nice gestures for the playerbase. If you dont pay for it they dont care

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

Uhmm, you misunderstand why some perks cost 2700. It's not because they show up the first time but rather because they are from the latest DLC.

Currently that means the perks introduced in the Stranger Things DLC. For the prior 3 months it'd have been Ghostface's perks. And before that it was Ash's stuff.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's actually always been the first time a perk shows up on the shrine. We NEVER get perks on the shrine from the most recent DLC.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Why is this something to compain about?

I see it as a win.

I just grabbed Discordance from the Shrine for 2,000. I'm happy I didn't have to pay 2,700 for it.

• anarchy753

Because for a huge amount of people the shrine is to convert shards into bloodpoints, and reducing how many the perks give is a massive reduction in that.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

Ah, I see. I didn't realize you got more BP per point for spending for 2700 over 2000.

So you are telling me that if I convert shards to BP on a 2,700 perk, I get more BP proportionally over converting on a 2000 perk? I didn't understand that part of your post first.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

Nah. I was here when the first shrine released and only one perk cost 750 on that one. If that's a thing then it was change I wasn't aware of.

Also, we do def get new DLC perks. The very first shrine itself had one from the latest DLC, Halloween. Ruin appeared in the Shrine just ~2 weeks after it was released.

If you don't see any new DLC perks in the shrine nowadays that's because there are over 100 possible candidates and only four slots.

• anarchy753

Yes, if you buy a perk at 2000 shards, each shard is worth 75 points. If you buy one at 2700 shards, each shard is worth 92.5.

That's a 20% reduction in value if they've just arbitrarily removed the new perk bonus.

• anarchy753

Ok, so years ago we might have, we've been having 2700 perks nearly weekly for at least the last year without it being from the most recent DLC.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

According to the OP, 2700 shard perks reward more BPs per shard than 2000 shard perks.

However, unless you have all the perks, characters and cosmetics you want already and nothing better to do with your shards, I wouldn't recommend using the Shrine as a converter because it would be a waste of your shards. In terms of the time it takes to get 2000 shards compared to several hundred bloodpoints, the two are nowhere near being equal in value.

• anarchy753

Which isn't a difficult point to reach, just owning DLC pretty much does it, since nothing GOOD is ever in the store for shards.