Why devs dont do anything against hiding with no progression?

I had a game as clown, where one dced on first hook, second died on 2 hook and the other two with 3 gens to do doing nothing all game. I were even looking for them and looking in every locker. Not one single gen had any little progression since then. took me half an hour to find one of them on the new map. That something like that can happen is ridiculous.

And don't say I should report them. We already know that the report system is just a decoy and do nothing. And devs can't expect everyone to stream it to have evidence. They shouldnt be too lazy to look in reported games.

Comments

• Cyro
    Cyro Member Posts: 79

Some people hide to extend the amount of points they will get for staying alive for a long period of time, then most of the time (at least in my experience) they come out of hiding to get a chase in then they die.

• MasterUff
    MasterUff Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2019

But that was not what happened here. They just hid all the time. I found someone after half an hour. I dont think they did it for points. They were just toxic. I had 2 toxic survivor groups in 3 games, 1 at least swf with flashlight spamming and t bagging. And that should be possible. Just add a 20 min timer for the game. The survivor will die, because the killer defended the gens long enough. That timer were big enough, because most games ends in 10 min or less.

• Cyro
    Cyro Member Posts: 79

Well, you've simply had bad games then. Not really sure what else to tell you.

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198

Everyone has these games every so often. I agree something should be done about it. I would at least give crows to people who don't touch a generator for so long.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

Hiding is not toxic or bannable. Not saying it's not aggravating but get a grip on reality, people don't do that ######### to spite you personally.

Most likely they were just waiting for the other guy to die so either of them can take the hatch.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I feel you, MasterUff. It sucks when this happens. I wish there were something to prevent survivors being able to hold the game hostage, but until then, equipping Whispers has been my best defense against it. Hopefully, one day we won't have to equip a perk to prevent survivors from breaking the rules.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Cause they can't fix everything at once.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

We've all had bad games.

I've had many games where I'm last to die, Killer just plops me on the floor and teabags me (by doing the up down looking movement) or some such until I bleed out.

Why aren't the devs doing anything about these killers?

• MasterUff

But fix nothing at all? They cant even work the slightest on any of 5 gens? I went multiple time to every gen. Looked at many lockers on my way. But they couldnt do any progress on 1 gen in all the time? Sure.

And it is not toxic to just wait half an hour and move from time to time to prevent the crows? Because waiting for someone to die that isnt even in a chase is not toxic? Even not toxic against survivors? I dont think I would want such survivors in my survivor-games.

• FlamingkittyUmad
    FlamingkittyUmad Member Posts: 313

right now, we have it better than any previous dbd update. Take the time to practise hunting stealthy survivors, you will learn to predict where they would be hiding through your own experience.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Okay, so you think this behavior is okay while just hiding all game isn't.

I'm sorry, I am detecting some kind of double standard here.

• MasterUff

Thanks, Im sure I will because I play mostly survivor and killer nearly only for dailies.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

I had the same experience once. It really sucks, especially if you are in the mood to play. But I only spend 10 minutes in searching them, no progression was made in these 10 minutes. I handled it with just going afk. I tabbed out and watched one episode of a series on Netflix (about 45 minutes) after that I got back to the game and found them doing their first gen (after almost 1 hour!) and got them both.

Seriously, the best thing to do in a situation like that is to just go and do something else.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Oh well if you are on PC i hope to see you in the Fog!

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

They should put a time limit on trials

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

If you say so, I personally don't think I ever had players like that on EU PC.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

That's why F13 had a timer in the match.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Slugging is okay, getting t-bagged by the killer is whatever, I don't even get triggered by survivors doing it. However there is no double standard, you however reek of double standard, on every single post you make, you are so blindly survivor favored it's quite ridiculous.

Survivors who hide the entirety of the round when there are two left, and neither of them playing anymore by trying to work on gens is holding the game hostage. A killer should't have to load into every game with 3 or 4 detection perks just to combat these types of toxic players.

If the game was made to your preference survivors would escape 100% of the time and gen rushing would be okay and the killer would have to sit there and watch you do it.

• liarcy
    liarcy Member Posts: 160

it’s just like camping and tunneling if you ask me

no one likes to go against it and it’s unfair and cheap

if there’s anything to be done about this then it should be just fair to do something for camping and tunneling

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

I call it the double hatch stand off. When the 2 last survivors hide, waiting for the other to die so they can get the hatch. Bonus point if the hatch has not even spawned yet, making the exercise even more pointless.

But off course survivors can just chose to stop doing the objective at any point and just hide forever. Unlike slugging and face camping, there is not hard set time limit to this. This is the very definition of hostage taking and can be reported.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    edited October 2019

The report system works like a charm my guy, people are getting banned from the system

but on topic, they played the game fine

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Because the game is restricted by a timer. Your bleedout timer. Nobody is doing anything wrong.

OP has no way of finding the Survivors and no way of ending the game other than DCing. That's called hostage-taking.