Devs should permanently stop testing on Live servers. Or should they?

Options

I am so sick of these servers and not being able to play or test without them. I am fine with testing on PTB but this is ridiculous. I just want to be able to sit down and play without having to deal with something that isn't stable after a long angering day but I cannot have that with these servers. Am I the only one that feels this way about the live server tests on PC? This game just made my day go from bad to worse and now I am so frustrated by the servers I seriously don't feel like playing the game anymore. I seriously am curious about other people's opinions. Do you agree with me or disagree? Why? I would love to know everyone's thoughts on them.

Comments

• Cinzas
    Cinzas Member Posts: 11
    Options

I have to be super honest usually my ping is between 30 and 50 and even playing huntress i haven't noticed anything but yea ... i rather this than launch broken servers ...

But m8 you know that is talking about the live servers ... so it was technically already released ... its just not permanent ...

so i understand the guy coming home from work or school and wanting to relax playing the game and not be forced to test the servers

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

While it might, in the worst case, burden everyone with terrible connections, it's also the absolute best way to test.

I personally don't mind: I like DbD a lot, but i have other things to do as well.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

They can't... they need to continue testing on live...

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It's better for them to test now and again for short periods on the live game rather than them be implemented with these problems.

While it's inconvenient for some it is for the best in the long run. They need to be released and be stable or you could have the issues you have now for a much longer time.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

I am pretty sure they can't fix the problems with dedicated servers unless they understand when and why they go wrong.

They cannot collect this data from the PTB's small sample size, nor can they just cast a magic spell and make it all better.

What else would you realistically have them do?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019
    Options

Well the lag is bad but if it's so bad don't play, come back later.

There are other things you can play I'm sure.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

We need Dedicated Servers, I am sick and tired of dealing with Killer's as the Authority and all the associated visual and game client de-sync. Otherwise add some lag compensation to Killers. I'm only hanging on in anticipation of DS and hitbox, detection and the de-sync problems we face now.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I have to agree, I remember a conversation me, @FireHazard, and @MandyTalk had about why they test Dedicated Servers so much:

Quote From: @MandyTalk

...However many people test internally, there's nothing like having the full player base test the game as issues will be spotted quicker etc. That's why I love the PTB so much and always spend a few hours playing on it - regular matches & KYF to try to help as much as possible...

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    Options

Excuse me but this game is not free, I pay and I have also bought DLCs and the minimum I expect is a good gaming experience.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

They seems quite good in EU, where are you from?

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Options

Imagine how long it would take if they testing dedicated servers with few people in closed-beta test.

It's best choice to test them in short period imo with all player base to find out all problems in short time, fast. It's much better than PTB and throw up update with tons of bugs.

I know, it's frustrating sometimes, but we can all join and give feedback whats wrong and they can make fix for this issues.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Pretty much yeah, why have a set team of several people test something that a whole community is willing to participate in... and find more issues due to the sheer size of how many people are playing in say test...

It's a win, win honestly. The community gets a sneak peak of whats to come, and the devs get to test and see if anything breaks or doesn't before the final release to the LIVE servers.

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267
    Options
  • CyberianFaux
    CyberianFaux Member Posts: 232
    Options

Also, thank you to everyone for letting me know your thoughts on this as it has helped me to change my perspective some. While I absolutely feel angered by their current state, you all helped me realize that kind of viewpoint is shortsighted as the whole point is to make them good enough to have at least the kind of experience we had before if not a better one for both sides.

• CyberianFaux
    CyberianFaux Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2019
    Options

I do wonder if they could somehow change how tedious it is to test the servers though by shortening how long they test for before then testing them again after a day or two break.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,129
    Options

Ummm, we are playing on said broken servers right now. Why are they testing on weekends? Yeah, some of you have 30-50 ping. Not everyone lives next to these servers. I'm sitting at 60 ping trying to play rubber band Nurse.

• FuelSauce
    FuelSauce Member Posts: 125
    Options

I've been getting disconnected every since they launched dedicated servers. I know this has been happening to several other people as well, but not everyone. It super annoying, just happens mid-game for no reason. And apparently no one has an answer as to why. I'm assuming its a bug. I'm pretty sure its not my internet, since every other game is fine.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

Yes, but they aren't declared finished and we're stuck with them for three months while they work on a hotfix, now are we?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

The main issue is that only a small section of people test the PTB (only PC users can even test) and on top of that, the majority of people leave the PTB after seeing all there Is to see.

If BHVR wants accurate information, they have to force feed the most important thing to be added to the game, which is the servers.

Sure, if the tests were unsuccessful, then you deal with crappy servers, but they won't know how bad the servers are if there aren't enough people to provide the information to let them know that

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,129
    Options

They are testing server scaling before reworking killer side actions. Scaling should be performed after major bugs are dealt with. This current test only changed what servers we connect to. Nothing with actual game play. Its the same thing we had last week.