The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I hope the devs rethink their position on Nurse (from the perspective of a veteran Nurse player).

So, I've had a chance to play a few games with the new Nurse on the PTB. And I have to say, the constant rubberbanding made judging everything not easy. You think the devs would at least have the decency to release a PTB that was more stable, so that we can assess everything accurately. But I digress!

Let me get straight to the point: I'm not a fan of these changes to Nurse.

(1) First, let's discuss add-ons: Honestly, I wasn't too concerned about the add-on changes because her add-ons were the main reason people hated Nurse so much. I was expecting there to be no more omegablink Nurse or multiple blink Nurse. That said, some of these add-ons are simply trash. Ex: The ultra rare extra blink add-on that makes it so you can't go through walls is just silly.

(2) Second, let's discuss the base power: Simply put, I don't believe the Nurse should have an additional cool down. The Nurse already goes into fatigue, why add another cool down? The main reason Nurse is super fun to play is because of the nature of her hyperaggressive power. By adding a cool down, you have made an already slow killer even slower to play. Nurse needs to be able to use her blinks as much as possible in order to be fun.

If the devs truly wanted to nerf her power (which I was willing to support at first), they could have just increased her fatigue a little or shortened the lunge range. That may not seem like much, but such a change is definitely noticeable for Nurse players.

Not to mention, the devs could have also reworked some of the older maps to include more line-of-sight breakers (ex, Blood Lodge). This would have allowed survivors to use the map more effectively. In other words, an indirect nerf to Nurse.

In summary: I think these changes to Nurse will not produce positive outcomes. My suspicion is Nurse will start to have problems when facing optimal survivors, especially on dense maps like Lery's or Hawkins. I've always held the position that base kit Nurse is beatable so long as survivors stayed spread out, completed gens optimally, and used the map to their advantage in chases. So a base kit nerf wasn't necessary to begin with in my opinion.

Finally, I understand that compromise is an important thing. Ideally, I would like for the devs to go ahead and release the add-on adjustments since those changes are already final, but postpone the base kit change for now. Or, reduce the cool down timer as much as you can because I don't think it's a good mechanic for Nurse to have, I really don't.

Also, at some point I expect for the devs to update some of her new add-ons. The add-ons that are really trashy should definitely be buffed at some point. But that can come later.

Thanks for reading and I hope the devs see this. It's not just me, there are many people in the community who are not happy about these changes. I hope the devs are at least willing to compromise with us and not solely rely on feedback from one side of the community.

Comments

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

You should play Nurse :) rather than make a straw man argument.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

This post is supposed to be about Nurse. Why are people trying to change the subject?

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I agree that the add-on changes were needed, as some of them (range, and additional blinks) were just busted. And I agree that the base power should not have been touched.

Base-Nurse was an incredible skill-based power, and it gave plenty of counterplay to her. She is the ultimate punisher of mistakes from the survivors. If a Nurse snowballs and slugs the entire team, it was because the survivors decided to group together, despite knowing of the snowball potential of the Nurse.

Nurse also indirectly got nerfed with the newest map releases. Family Residence (loads of rocks which are tricky to blink around and offer LOS blockers, as well as grass to hide in), Ormond (large map with a tricky centre building, as well of snow and grass which misleads scratchmarks), Temple or Purgation (huge map with a confusing middle building), and Hawkings Laboratory (loads of LOS blockers as well as multiple floors, plus a shitton of ambience sounds which make tracking by hearing difficult).

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371

@CrowFoxy I have played nurse and it’s really hard on console but I know there are good nurses out there that can really be good players so this nerf was needed

• Mister_Holdout

@ABannedCat Thank you. Finally someone who understands the impact of map design.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

They gave all nurses the middle finger and gave SWF a good pat on the back. Here you go boys, go bully the hell out of nurses now!

• Mister_Holdout

@grtf47 So did you attempt to gather input from people on the opposite side of the issue? Or did you only listen to one side of the argument?

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

You're right, sorry. I don't think the nurse was nerfed hard enough.

• grtf47

@Mister_Holdout I know what old nurse was capable of and I have watched many vids I even heard s post discussing how the nurse was like the first killer created and that was back when things were much different in DBD so it’s about time this change was implemented. Just learn how to use her and move on. I know it’s hard and you’re mad but get over it and figure it out

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Don't missunderstand me but Didn't you created like two or perhaps three threads talking about your opinion on PTB Nurse?

• Mister_Holdout

Nope, first one. I have been commenting on other posts quite a bit though.

• Mister_Holdout

@grtf47 The main difference back then was survivors could use 4 Decisive Strikes and BNPs to cheese the match. But I don't think survivors need those things in order to beat a Nurse.

• grtf47
    edited October 2019

@Mister_Holdout exactly they could use 4 ds and that was changed. Now nurse has finally been changed which should of happened a long time ago.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Oh, I have a bad habit of looking at the pic instead of the username lol. Still I think I saw your comments.

As I said, I was just curious, no offense mean. I am not a main nurse but I do agree that some of the new changes are... not really good.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It's a PTB.

They'll take everything into account once closing it, so have hope.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

entitled survivor main detected, I bet you are one that wants the game to go back to this

with this is baseline it is a VERY GOOD THING that survivor gets over 10+ nerfs in a row, BECAUSE IT IS ALL NEEDED, the nurse basekit nerf? NOT needed. you cry about "survivors always getting nerfed and killers always buffed boo hoo" THIS WAS BASELINE so it is UNDERSTANDABLE for anyone WITH A BRAIN why it is that killers are getting buffed and survivors nerfed

• SteelDragon

a nerf to something that took no skill and would eliminate all of a killers momentum just for clicking M2+space bar

not stupid and broken like keys which let you leave without fully completing the objective

TOTALLY BALANCED

• grtf47

@SteelDragon wanna talk about no skill? NOED takes no skill let all gens be competed and easy 1k maybe even more

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

To the ones saying revert survivor changes. Take into account we wanted Nurse add-ons nerfed. We wanted multi blink add-ons gone. We wanted Omega-blink gone or have a justifiable downside. These are the things that brought out unskilled Nurses.

• SteelDragon
    edited October 2019

I don't ever use Noed and I do not like it myself, it rewards you for losing as killer. but we are not talking about NOED now are we? this post is about the UNEEDED NERF to basekit nurse. now if the balance was similar to the game in the video I posted then I would say NOED would be needed to combat the HEAVY imbalance in the game to help make up how broken OP survivors in general where back then. now when there is STILL some tools (not as many now) that are still broken, Noed is not a perk you need and I dislike it. but with Noed you can counter by doing totems or just finding the lit totem which is not hard since most maps totems are not hard to find. with insta heals and idiot would say "JUST USE FRANKLINS 4 HEAD" you can still easily run up to a survivor after picking your insta heal back up and use it on them. and franklins will not be able to stop you. also bringing franklins is wasting a perk slot to TRY to counter items when it is more of a nuisance than an actual counter, when for the survivor it is just an EXTRA ITEM to bring with their perks

• SteelDragon

I agree, I am a killer main and have always said

base kit nurse IS FINE AND BALANCED

omega blink and 5 blink nurse is NOT BALANCED.

those stemmed from addons, not basekit problems

the devs should only have changed the addons OR alter the basekit in a way to where it will interact with the addons differently WITHOUT nerfing the basekit. like acutally putting downsides into the addons that ACTUALLY have an effect. instead of giving addons that just nerf the nurse or other addons that turn nurse into a M1 killer or better yet! nerf the nurse just for bonus BP. half the addons that nurse got with this update are useless or straight up nerf the nurse for just BP which is stupid

• Haz
    Haz Member Posts: 23

As a killer main from 2016 I have always felt nurse was overpowered. I have never understood why she never got a balance pass. While I can understand not being thrilled with your main taking some balance, I think it is past due time for this.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

"Base kit is fine" is said because so many nurses never used add ons and trained with her for years. I remember Swift 5 genning people with base Nurse. Skillful but a relic of an older version of DBD.

Killers have it better than ever now and if you were good with Nurse before.....you will still be good with Nurse, but you will have to use add ons.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Wanna know what takes no skill? Holding m1 to do generator. Go cleanse totems baby survivor.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

But how do we genrush then??!!?

:(

Just pressure gens, you skillless killer-mains!

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Even without addons basekit nurse was the best killer in the game. You can still achieve what essentially was basekit if you use these current addons, and yet you still complain?

Sorry you don't have a tier of your own anymore. Sorry you have to actually equip addons to compete with the best players now, when before you didn't have to. My main is huntress. If I see a lobby full of good players I don't take off my addons and expect to do well. Yet for some reason nurse mains thought it was okay for them? It always rubbed me the wrong way when all these nurse mains would say "but basekit is fine!" Like, in your mind if top of the Tier list without even having to equip addons, is okay..well, I'm sure you feel as if this whole situation is super unfair.

Nurse has been brought down a peg, yet with addons she will still be top tier. Grow up.