I heard this from people who played the PTB.. is this true Devs?

2»

Comments

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

*cries in Legion main*

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

It's fine Spine Chill isn't meta and not every Myers is gonna be hit by it. Besides, if you are stalking a Survivor 90% of the time the survivor sees you. It's rare that they dont' notice you stalking. Unless you are fighting in the potato ranks.

And I say this as a Myers main.

• UlvenDagoth

I mean... Myers IS 7-8 foot tall with stiff knees. Hard to hide that!

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited October 2019

But ya also realised Myers has addon synergy with tier 1 you're going to bump up his movement speed and still keep him undetectable you're probably going to put a slight nerf on things like scratched mirror and I'm sure a lot of Michael mains do not want that.

Wraith and Amanda have aura reading add-ons to but due to the fact that Amanda is not permanently stuck in the slow speed and Wraith is faster their aura reading view is a lot weaker.

(Granted I have my own issues with Amanda's letter that's neither here nor there)

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

OoO never worked against tier 1 myers... so it's not a valid trade. OoO will still work on him in tier 2.

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296
    edited October 2019

So in short, tier 1 Myers is Ghostface, but can't bloodlust, is slower, and has no lunge. And this only applies if the survivors are using Prem/Spine Chill.

Michael in tier 1 being immune to anything related to killer detection, wether it was aura or directional, made him the most unique among others. Well that's gone lol.

• UlvenDagoth

Woo... it's crazy how upset people get over one change! I still play Legion after they got cratered (never used the exploit btw!). Just breathe and remember the game is for fun!

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

This isn't a huge nerf. Spine Chill has a small cult following but it's hardly top meta.

The odds that you get a whole 4 survivors running it are astronomically low. It doesn't matter that 1 or 2 people might have a perk that can make your game a little harder, it's only tier 1, that's gone like 10 seconds into a match anyway, or you're running scratched mirror and it doesn't really matter if they know you're nearby, they still have no clue where.

This doesn't need to be changed back because it will have such a tiny, minor impact overall that you won't even care a week after the patch.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2019

I agree. I'm usually in favour of these kind of changes, but as a survivor if I didn't see Spine Chill activate for a certain time I would get paranoid and start looking everywhere in case Myers was right behind me. That was his thing that made him unique and more thrilling than most other killers. I feel like this will be lost because of this change.

I think in some cases it's ok to make an exception.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Being able to use spine chill on a slow myers does seem pretty damming especially on maps where's there's a lot of objects which you can't stalk through despite being able to see the person.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited October 2019

If it's such a non-issue then why are you against changing it back?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not freaking out or crying about this; I'm complaining in a calm and respectful manner about what I see as an unnecessary change.

Michael doesn't NEED this trait, but it was cool, not OP, and I haven't seen that many people complaining about it.

I get trying to make the game more understandable for new players, but doing so at the expense of what makes certain Killers unique just seems like a bad idea to me.

As for making sure perks work, Killer aura reading perks are now useless against not just Michael but other Stealth Killers too. Why make sure Spine Chill and Premonition work but then do the opposite to perks like Dark Sense, Alert, and (unless I'm mistaken) Kindred?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Because having one normalised stealth buff is just better for the game overall, no random exceptions to what is and isn't stealthy, or one killer who randomly trumps perks specifically designed for anti-stealth, moreso than aura reading which is as much an information tool.

If every killer that is "stealthy" is just undetectable in the same way every time, it just makes for a more straightforward game.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Dev's just need to do more consistent buffs to killers every patch. Small number changes could make the weak killers more in line with Spirit and nurse. Increase Mikeys speed and lunge slightly. If it's not enough increase more. If they would change stuff more regularly it would be balancing the game rather than waiting months on end of killers being weak (or longer) ot doesn't take a full re work to fix these killers.

• UlvenDagoth

Hmm you do have a point! We do need unique Killers! I mean, Legion was... but look what happened to them... *cries in Legion main*

• UlvenDagoth

Awwww But I can stab! (I have a really healthy Legion rework Thread over in Feedback if you wanna check it out!)

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I disagree with this, but I can understand it. Thanks for explaining.

IMO having one Killer be more sneaky than others doesn't break the game, especially since he usually loses this special sneakiness and is already also uniquely slower than other sneaky Killers.

The little differences between Killers are important IMO. Especially with how similar some Killers are already (looking specifically at our two stalk to Expose, white mask wearing, knife wielding, stealth Killers).

The more Killers who have unique traits the better.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

My memory isn't the greatest, but regardless if Tier l Myers was seen by OoO or not, he isn't in Tier l during an average game for long anyways...

So as a Killer with 16 TR base, and 8 TR with M&A active... that really does ruin the game stealth wise, and it can even hinder him in most chases... especially with M&A active.

It also ruins using Night Shroud if the OoO user is in a SWFs with coms... they'll just tell the other team where GhostFace is all the time, so using it at all is pointless and just makes him an M1 Killer...

It's a fair trade from the looks of it, a perk that can only be used when the Killer is looking right at you, over a perk that can literally see your aura outside of the Killers TR... so if its Tier ll M&A Myers, Cloaked Wraith, Crouching Pig, or Nightshroud active GhostFace... than stealth doesn't exist at that point.

I also heard Freddy could be seen all the time with OoO active as well...

• Avocet
    Avocet Member Posts: 284

I use Spine Chill in 98% of my survivor games and it was nice not knowing whether I can trust my Spine Chill in the beginning of the match because it could be Myers. I wish they didn't make the change.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Myer's gains nothing of value from this change. Terror radius 0? So what? You could hear him breathing long before hearing his terror radius. Aura reading block? He already had that, including OoO.

This is a straight up removal of something fundamental to his kit.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

That's why devs didn't nerf Pig this patch ... because they were too busy to nerf Myers 😂.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Honestly this is more principle than power based. It probably won't be a huge deal all the time, but it's a useless change overall that removes some of mikeys charm. I literally bought dbd to play as michael Myers and i am so ######### excited for new cosmetics.

Don't ######### up 90% of the reason i play this game guys