Objectively best survivor build?

Saw a youtuber say the objectively best survivor build - without question - is bond, spine, balanced, and lightweight.

Someone with more knowledge than any of us said this was the best build, so I won't doubt him, but my question was how lightweight is better than adrenaline? I always thought adrenaline was better.

Comments

• Nekoo
    Nekoo Member Posts: 133

how do you define "objectively"?

for me looping the killers and allow 3 other do gen is objective.

but if you define that as rushing gen,

shouldn't you be running prove thyself?

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477

I mean if you make a living off of playing dbd/testing and thinking of builds, you're going to more than a normal player.

• JoeyBob

I don't really care about that. I just want to know why lightweight is better than adrenaline.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019

That's not what objective means in this context. He's not talking about in-game objectives. If something is "objectively" the case, it means that it is true or real on some sort of rational basis which exists outside of personal bias. For example, it is an objective fact that the sun is hot. It's not an opinion, it's not up for debate, it just is.

So with that said, OP, it seems like this YouTuber doesn't know what the words he's using mean. There is no such thing as the objectively best survivor build, because it's always debatable and dependent on a lot of different variables. You can make an argument that lightweight is better than adrenaline, or vice-versa, but neither argument is objectively correct or incorrect. The "best" build will always be a matter of differing opinions, not of absolute, unassailable fact like people who talk about which build is objectively the best are pretending.

• Nekoo
    Nekoo Member Posts: 133

I don't think that's even a competition,

adrenaline is better than lightweight in every way.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

No such thing as a best build for survivors.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If you want to know why he thinks what he does, you should probably ask him. I'm surprised he even came out with such a controversial opinion without trying to justify it in any way.

My best guess (and this is not necessarily my opinion, just trying to imagine what this YouTuber's reasoning might be) would be that some people feel that adrenaline is a very situational perk - it does absolutely nothing until the endgame, and half the time its effect makes little to no difference even then. If you're not injured and not in a chase, it's just a bit of a speed boost to the gates. Lightweight, on the other hand, is consistently useful throughout the game. The effect it has on scratch marks is significant at tier 3, so it is useful in not only losing the killer during chases but also allows you to get away with sprinting around undetected a lot more than you normally would, which obviously helps you to traverse the map and complete objectives faster.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Builds a should be tailored to your strengths and weaknesses. Objectively speaking the build suited for you may suck for me, but a build I play well with may suck for you.

No one build will ever he best simply because we all think and act differently to even the same killers. We loop different, stealth different, and even think of how to counter the meta different.

Some perks are definitely top tier and strong, but I think exhaustion perks are a waste of time and rarely use them because I can loop without them due to my playstyle.

• JoeyBob

Thanks for the help, that makes sense.

Shouldn't there be an objectively best build tho?

• Liruliniel

In a PvE game best builds are more defined then in PvP. If someone tells you this is the most powerful build on a survivor I would take it with a grain of salt. Honestly killer is a bit easier to define what perks synergies are good. No killer honestly needs BBQ, Ruin, Spirit Fury, and Enduring. Tbh that's a bad build mediocre killers use.

For example this is my ideal best build on Survivor as it fits my playstyle

I would rate this build a solid 10/10 for me, but how would you rate it?

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited October 2019

Lol that youtuber is wrong just use the meta of ds borrowed time dead hard/balanced adrenaline

• Murph203
    Murph203 Member Posts: 27

The objective 'best build' imo would be the one with the most second chances so you survive for as long as possible: deliverance, dstriked, dead hard/balanced, adrenaline. The one the YouTuber made might be good for gen jockeys and that's it.

• legacy
    legacy Member Posts: 53

Is this youtuber playing Claudette and hiding the all game in a bush ? :D

• Liruliniel

Quick and Quiet is not a exhaustion perk. It has a cool down yes, but so do several perks.

• Bleediss
    Bleediss Member Posts: 130

I don't think an objectively best build exists if there's no focus.

If I'm wanting to loop the killer for 5 gens, I'd take a build completely different from a build where I want to rush gens and do nothing else.

Playing solo or as a SWF also matters for what perks to take.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

He is wrong, and there is no objectively best build, even though there are meta builds.

It's good build though and I have run that build many times myself.

But it is severely lacking in many aspects. It has no self-heal capability (mitigated a bit by Bond, but you're wasting time getting other people to heal you). And he has no means of dealing with Basement Hooks or camping. His only help in chases is Balanced Landing, which doesn't work on all maps. He has some juking potential but to be honest I juke better without Lightweight than with it.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2019

Well it depends.

Do you solo or SWF often?

Do you like to be the target of the killer or play stealthily?

Do you mind being the gen jockey or savior?

Play what you think you will find fun. The more you play around with perks, the quicker you will find what you personally like. Sure there are some perks that are just objectively good and some that are bad, but that can be subjective from one person to the next, depending on amount of skill and how quickly they can learn, or what they struggle with.

You do you man.

• Mochan

What he said.

No Mither is universally hailed as one of the worst perks, but I run it a lot. I like the perk (not because it gives you a challenge, but because it has benefits which no other perk has).

There are many ways to play this game, there is no objective best build.

• Mochan

Yeah neither do I. Quick and Quiet is not an Exhaustion Perk no matter how you spin it.