The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Played vs an exploiter in SWF who had the obsession ragequit to disable perks. Why is this possible?

The obsession leaving without dying should make it count as them still being alive. Like, just, #########?

I have two perks on Plague which require an obsession, PWYF and especially **Dying Light**.

I played against a twitch streamer who was SWF with the obsession, and had the obsession leave the game to exploit this, which straight up disabled half of my perks.

And the worst part? I didn't find out until after the game, checking her stream, that they were SWF and thus she was exploiting. I went easy on them because I thought it was just some randoms who unfortunately had someone DC.

This is such an easily fixable exploit. Why is it possible? Come on, fix this.

Comments

• GennyFromTheBlock
    GennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113
    edited October 2019

Dont use gimmicky perks.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154

Next time just merc them fools. On a serious note, once the DC punishment rolls in things like that should be less common.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Problem about that suggestion is once dying light is deactivated it loses all its stacks so he'll have to start from scratch if it happened mid game.

Also the 3v1 aint the problem. The problem is how one dc can screw over a build. Although i feel when the survivor husks get added things will be better. Or worse. Who knows lol. I could just never kill the husk and I'll always have dying light up. But we don't know how it'll work soooo

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Tunnel another survivor and get DS'd.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I am not in favor of someone DCing to shut off someone else's Obsession perk, buuuuuuuuuuut on the other hand, this is a pretty classic case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face," and I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider this a profitable scenario for OP.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

Oh, it's an easy game, but it ruins everyone's fun, survivors included.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Talking on discord is exploiting btw. I mean you realize people play this game for fun, if someone isn't happy with your build and dc's (even if your build relies on the obsession still being alive) who cares. It's just a game, if someone leaves there are more games you can play. Chill lmao.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,951
    edited October 2019

that's not an exploit lol?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I would say that the survivors losing a player is worse than any killer perk. Yeah, sure, this shouldn't be possible. But I would take playing with 4 survivors vs a killer with obsession perks over 3 survivors vs a killer with no perks.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Except it's Plague. She doesn't do well in rank nor in bloodpoint gain. A single DC at the start of the match can easily be a depip for the killer, and gives you even shittier points. There's no fun to be had in a game like that.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Yes, it's not a big deal and in some ways it's to OP's advantage, but it still shouldn't happen. Perhaps now that we have the obsession-switching mechanic in the game, the devs might consider making it so that the obsession is randomly reassigned if the current obsession disconnects.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I think I would give up two perks slots to have the game be 3-1 that’s an incredible advantage for the killer.

• CatHound22
    CatHound22 Member Posts: 15

"exploiting communication".... the devs have already stated that the use of 3rd party chat systems in not an exploit and perfectly fine....

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

That doesn't mean its ok what the survivor did. It's clear and blatent exploitation too ruin someone's day.

My suggestion is be careful on how many Obsession perks you take, and report those exploiting it. Because otherwise, even if it isn't a SWF, if someone is being an a-hole then they can leave and you'll be out of perks unless you want too eat a DS.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2019

This... Exactly This... Not the discord part, but everything stated below. Well said

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

You shouldn't be punished for outcomes you cannot control.

• Oshirigami
    Oshirigami Member Posts: 33

Trading 2 perks for 1 extra hook on someone is not worth it.

The 15% movespeed makes it easier to kill the 3 others THEN kill the obsession.

Does not change that I'm playing down 2 perks because of an EXPLOIT that should be easily fixed.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Obsession DCs, no killer perk get's deactivated, all stacks stay the same till the end of the match. Easy fix.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

So you lose two perks and they lose 1 man.

Fair tradeoff.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

This! The first survivor to die changes things so much, 3-1 is a much easier game than 4-1 which is why some people still gunnel.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Make it so only killer knows there is an obsession. Having a survivor know they are the obsession is about as bad as a killer knowing you have no mither from the get go.

The survivor can figure it out when they go to heal someone and they have the bonus heal speed, just as when a killer stumbles on a no mither player he hasn't hit yet.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Because it's a catch-22 that's why they won't "fix it". You make it so dying light doesn't deactivate you have a situation where the obsession DCS and the rest of the team is down 1 teamate and has Dying Light on them. Not a good look. So the better option is to just make it so if the Obsession DCS dying light doesn't activate anymore because the survivors are already being punished by losing a team member.

• Oshirigami
    edited October 2019

"dying light doesn't activate anymore because the survivors are already being punished by losing a team member."

By this logic, Killer should always have half their perks randomly disabled whenever a survivor is killed, to compensate for the rest playing at a disadvantage.

Why do you argue that it's special when the killer has obsession perks, that they should be punished by a ragequit exploit? Makes absolutely NO sense.

• Oshirigami
    edited October 2019

duplicate post because of forums being screwy

Post edited by Oshirigami on