The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Be honest now fellow killers....

Vortexas
Vortexas Member Posts: 757

How many of you like me regret now taking Bitter murmur to rank 3 on most of your killers now?

Comments

• Vortexas

@TheXenoborg said:
    I used to always avoid Bitter Murmur in bloodwebs and it showed up all the time. Now that I am looking for it I keep getting every other perk but that. :(

I feel that.

I actually have rank 3 on my Billy, and holy crap it carried me through a game last night.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Not me, because the killers I like to play have P3 with all perks unlocked so I can respond to balance changes according. It's very fun btw, thank you for asking.  ;)
  • Vortexas

@TheXenoborg said:

@Vortexas said:

@TheXenoborg said:
    I used to always avoid Bitter Murmur in bloodwebs and it showed up all the time. Now that I am looking for it I keep getting every other perk but that. :(

I feel that.

I actually have rank 3 on my Billy, and holy crap it carried me through a game last night.

On a scale of 10 how much will you recommend the new Bitter Murmur on killers like Wraith, Hag and Nurse?

For Nurse, Def!

I dunno how well it would do on the Hag.

For Wraith honestly two of his personal perks are GREAT as is especially with balance changes. Preadtor is actually good now too. I don't have that beyond rank 1 on ANY killer and wish I did.

Bitter Murmur could probably be good on the wraith too you just gotta look when the gen pings, even if in a chase.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@Vortexas said:
    How many of you like me regret now taking Bitter murmur to rank 3 on most of your killers now?

to me bitter murmur is still not good enough to be used in any of my serious builds

• Vortexas

@Tombstone218 said:

@Vortexas said:

to me bitter murmur is still not good enough to be used in any of my serious builds

Try it on

Huntress, Nurse or Billy.

A Killer that can react to it better.

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

Bitter murmur is still situational or killer specific which is a good balance to play styles.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

the new Predator is crazy good. holy #########.... i would highly recommend it....

• Vortexas

Bitter Murmur also has good potentional when paired with Dying Light, As your obsession (Barring multiples working on the same gen) will finish his or her gen first generally.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@Vortexas said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@Vortexas said:

Try it on

Huntress, Nurse or Billy.

A Killer that can react to it better.

I only really play Billy of those three, and I already have a build I really like for him, even if it isn't super powerful.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I found the perk to be quite useful on my Wraith, but then I run an... unconventional build.

• facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52

@Orion said:
    I found the perk to be quite useful on my Wraith, but then I run an... unconventional build.

What's your build?

• Orion
    edited July 2018

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

What's your build?

Insidious (yes, really; you'd be surprised how often it works and how well it works), NOED, Whispers, and Shadowborn (might replace this with something else, though). The idea I had with Insidious was simple: if Survivors don't hear a heartbeat and didn't hear the bell, they think the Wraith isn't there, because nobody would use Insidious on the Wraith. Its inclusion is meant to surprise them in a way they didn't think possible.

Most of my builds are unconventional and intended to turn Survivors' expectations against them.

EDIT: Regarding Bitter Murmur, I sometimes replace either Whispers or Shadowborn with it.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I only have Bitter Murmur 3 on my Doc, and that was only because I was trying to get all perks on him. My Trapper has it at tier 2. All my other Killers either don't have it or only have it at tier 1. I had a Nurse daily yesterday, and I decided to try out the new Bitter Murmur (I also had Nurse's 1). That one game has convinced me to get Bitter Murmur 3 on all my Killers. I plan on using it for Huntress (since Tinkerer got changed). I can just throw a hatchet when a gen is completed and have a higher chance of it hitting the Survivor.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

since every killer i tend to use is P3 lvl 50 all perks, thats not a problem for me :) (Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Shape, Cannibal, Doctor, Clown (work in progress. this killer is not fully leveled yet.))
    i think its only a real thing on a tinkerer billy :)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

What's your build?

Insidious (yes, really; you'd be surprised how often it works and how well it works), NOED, Whispers, and Shadowborn (might replace this with something else, though). The idea I had with Insidious was simple: if Survivors don't hear a heartbeat and didn't hear the bell, they think the Wraith isn't there, because nobody would use Insidious on the Wraith. Its inclusion is meant to surprise them in a way they didn't think possible.

Most of my builds are unconventional and intended to turn Survivors' expectations against them.

EDIT: Regarding Bitter Murmur, I sometimes replace either Whispers or Shadowborn with it.

I always suspect an Insidious on any killer, that's why Premonition is so nice to run. It's especially nice against camping Billy's/Leatherfaces. I've even had Wraiths try and use it on me camping a hooked person, I just walked up close enough to be seen and pointed and said follow then walked off.

That was one pissed off Wraith the rest of the map since the other survivors getting close figured it out. Her chased me rest of game and didn't get me until end. He hard camped me till game was over but other 3 got out, I pipped and got flamed afterwards with all sorts of interesting words.

• Orion

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

What's your build?

I always suspect an Insidious on any killer, that's why Premonition is so nice to run. It's especially nice against camping Billy's/Leatherfaces. I've even had Wraiths try and use it on me camping a hooked person, I just walked up close enough to be seen and pointed and said follow then walked off.

That was one pissed off Wraith the rest of the map since the other survivors getting close figured it out. Her chased me rest of game and didn't get me until end. He hard camped me till game was over but other 3 got out, I pipped and got flamed afterwards with all sorts of interesting words.

I also run Premonition, along with Dark Sense, Calm Spirit, and Iron Will. Gonna replace Calm Spirit with Urban Evasion, though, for the ultimate stealth build.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I prefer tinkerer instead. It last longer, 12 seconds of no terror radius and it trigger before a gen is completed at 85 % so it's more helpful because you can prevent generators to be completed.

Bitter murmur just last for 5 seconds and it trigger only when a gen is completed so.. in my opinion it not worth it.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

What's your build?

I also run Premonition, along with Dark Sense, Calm Spirit, and Iron Will. Gonna replace Calm Spirit with Urban Evasion, though, for the ultimate stealth build.

Supposedly Calm Spirit doesn't work if the Doctor is running Restraint addons, I had a rank 1 match this am the Doctor doged because someone put Haddonfield offering in and he put in Gideons. He had the 175% terror radius build with ultra rare addon. He rage quit during loading screen because he couldn't get an easy win map.

It turns out 1 of the other players was running Calm Spirit but don't know if it's still bugged or not on how it works. My build is Sprint Burst, Urban Evasion ,Self Care, Premonition. I feel absolutely naked without Urban Evasion since I play a really stealthy style of game.

I use SB for the tough spots so I can get someplace to try and skulk off. I use Self Care for when no ones around which at high ranks you can't alway depend on heals. I use Premonition since I'm a stealthy style player and i don't want to wait util the killer is literally on top of me when doing a gen.

• Vortexas

@Irisora said:
    I prefer tinkerer instead. It last longer, 12 seconds of no terror radius and it trigger before a gen is completed at 85 % so it's more helpful because you can prevent generators to be completed.

Bitter murmur just last for 5 seconds and it trigger only when a gen is completed so.. in my opinion it not worth it.

Try both.

Because you are going to head towards that Gen unless you are in a chase. Depending on varying factors if could finish before you arrive, and bitter will give that smidge more info on where they are headed.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Bitter murmur works wonders with the tinkerer bug.
  • nickc2122
    nickc2122 Member Posts: 10

Always take perks even if they aren’t meta or usable. You never know when changes might come around.