Is the game really unbalanced?

2»

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Okay, then the game actually is pretty well balanced by your standards then. The average survival rate across all ranks is really close to 50%.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

“I confirmed this with the data team this morning, the 80% isn't exactly accurate. The stats are taking your rank after the match, not the rank you went in with. The data was also collected between April 1st and April 7th, when it was significantly harder for survivors to pip. As a result, those who died typically deranked back to rank 2 and their death would be counted as a rank 2 death. It was very rare for someone to die at rank 1 and remain rank 1, hence the incredibly high survival rate.

Basically most of the deaths were counting towards rank 2, not rank 1, so the escape rate was much higher than it should be.

I received a stat for the escape rate from the 11th and it was around a 43% escape rate.”

quoted from Peanits, @Blueberry.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

No, it's not. If you read my previous posts in this thread I go over why it's not multiple times.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

That's something. It clears up one of our variables.

However as I've mentioned previously there are multiple other factors that skew those stats that are not being taken into account. Which is also why the devs themselves say the stats shouldn't be taken seriously in terms of using them for balance purposes.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

Its not that survivors are a problem its that survive with friends are.

Look at yourself, having fun, dying some rounds, sometimes pissed at teammates.

SWF literally prove that you can goof off and win vs even the strongest killers and its bs.

Most of the time survivors leave gens or get caught on purpose because gens are so boring and chases are fun and cannot tell their survivor teammates that they are in a chase. WELL swf literally sit on gens and just get through them so fkn quick because they can tell eachother that they are in chases and need to work. As for survivors: spirit is REALLY strong and "camping tunneling is annoying wah" and NOED OP OMG...

I agree with all of it except noed being op but its the killers playstyle regardless of if it sucks and theres hardly any face camping and tunneling in rank 1.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

I think the game is mostly balanced aside from the odd add ons, a few maps and death squads. Mori's and keys need adjusting and buff a few bad killers then boom it'd be perfect to me. I 3/4K about 85+% of the time as killer if I'm playing serious and warmed up. The game isn't as nearly as unbalanced as some love to think it is. You can use the vast majority of lower tier killers and do decent in red rank unless you're against a death squad.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'm a survivor main as well and believe that this game is heavily survivor favoured.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    edited October 2019

At the higher skill levels, the game is heavily survivor favored. The only things keeping killers from being completely dominated at Rank 1 are Nurse and Spirit.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

This. Between pallets, lockers, third person camera, windows, looping, high ground, items, stupidly powerful perks like DS, the ease of completing generators, the fact that it takes 3 hooks to eliminate a survivor for good, the general map design, and the ease of hiding from the killer, even the best killers in the world will often have games where everyone escapes.

And god help you if you're playing against SWF.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Survivors can overcome most killer setups.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

We've come a long way.

There's still more to do, and with every chapter that list grows, but a lot of crap is gone now.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Okay, so let me ask you another question. If they balanced the game to the point that the average survival rate at rank 1 is 50%, what do you think the average survival rate for the other 99% of survivors would be at? Do you think the average person would even want to play survivor? What do you think the wait time for killer lobbies would be at? Do you think new players would want to play a game they would die over and over and over again and after a few hundred hours of play time they might just get to the point where they can survive half the time?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Still 50%

Rank 1 Survivors are facing Rank 1 Killers. A lesser Survivor is facing a lesser Killer.

In otherwords the players that aren't as good at looping a Killer are being put against Killers that aren't as good at running loops.

If you design the game right it'll even out to a constant winrate at all or most ranks.

This specific kind of problem can be solved with a good matchmaking system.

• WickedMilk03

SWF teams that choose to win and bully prove the game is unbalanced. Games can end in 2 minutes. That shows that the game is unbalanced. The reason the stats are like that is because

1. Noob killers have it harder than noob survivors typically which is why they camp.
    2. Survivors dont like sitting on a gen for ages and leave gens often to start a chase for fun
    3. Alot of survivors dont work through ruin and it turns into RNG.

Survivor mains, am I right that we leave gens every now and then for a chase because gens are boring?

The problem is the gens for being too short and too boring. But I have a solution I THINK

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95676/generator-rework-concept#latest

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Honestly the very fact that a Killer, the person that should have all the power, can be Bullied at all answers this question.

• WickedMilk03

Agreed. The devs should balance the game around the competitive players. The casuals are the ones who get on when a new licensed killer comes out, plays for a week then gets off til the next one. I watched a video that had said that 90,000 players played when the endgame collapse came out (pc) when average player count is 25,000. WELL MY THEORY IS those are all the players that left the game coming back because

1. its more balanced
    2. A change to the base game for once.

SO ALL IM SAYING IS IT WOULD BE SMART TO REWORK GENS COMPLETELY around rank 1 and a crap ton of players would get on and stay. Like seriously, this game would be so much healthier if it were more competitive because if it were actually balanced then swf wouldnt be able to absolutely bully a killer of similar rank BUT INSTEAD have a very intense fun match.

Check this out if you want some inspiration or wanna support bc no one saw it ha

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95676/generator-rework-concept#latest

• WickedMilk03

Agreed but the main issue is generators and should have been changed a few ago. If the game didnt release so gross they wouldnt have to have balanced nearly as much. I appreciate it but I just wish... gens were fixed.

• NuclearBurrito

I don't disagree, but I do think that it's a bit narrow minded to say that the only possible way to solve the time pressure issue is to make gens take longer.

If you are talking about the non-balance issues with gens then sure, but the gens aren't an issue in a vacuum. 80 seconds per gen would be far more than enough time for the Killer if his attacks instantly killed you outright with no build up required.

So somewhere between being looped for 2 minutes and instantly killing them is some Killer powerlevel which is balanced given 5 gens that take 80 seconds each. And I think we already have many Killers within that margin, for example Billy is fast enough when patrolling and can make up for chase time by getting in a few instant downs such that he can Kill everyone in the short amount of time he's given.

• WickedMilk03

No. Increasing gen times isnt this answer. Decreasing them and adding a mobile objective to complete them is a way.

I know its up to the killer to apply the pressure and it hasnt happened much that a match has lasted 2 minutes. The marth88 experiment proved it was unbalanced. 100 matches of swf with no perks and I am pretty sure they hardly ever lost and made killers lose pips almost every game.

• NuclearBurrito

I'm not saying that gen rush isn't a problem, just that slowing down gens isn't the only solution. Speeding up Killers also solves the issue.

• WickedMilk03

Yeah I underknow and I am saying that increasing time isnt the solution. I agree with you. Gens just need a full rework

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Yep, and it really isn't changing because Nurse is getting nerfed pretty bad, but survivors no longer have insta heals.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Shes become a joke honestly. Functional, but a shadow of something once called Nuse. I honestly hate what shes become I feel robbed as a survivor I really enjoyed the chases with good to god Nurses. Her being Nerfed for low rank survivors who can't learn anything about the game are truely ruining it.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Agreed. They didn't even give her anything too compensate for the lack of blinks live MS or better recovery. "little changes too base" my butt.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

To me this signals the Devs distance from the community in general. Everyone agreed she was OP and everyone wanted her Addons fixed. Bunch of new players wanted her nerfed or the occasional hardcore survivor main who got steamrolled.

Honestly im really irritated by these changes.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

The top survivors vs the top killer no mistakes were made? The survivors would win since it's a 4v1 but now you have to ask if no one makes mistakes in a chase who wins I personally say the survivor since at the end of the day the killer has rely on survivor mistakes unless it's pre nerfed nurse or a spirit

• NuclearBurrito

You don't NEED to change gens at all. It's a possible solution but it's far from the only one.

We can solve the problem without making a single change to generator mechanics simply by giving Killers the tools to win faster, either through better map design, power changes or both.

• WickedMilk03

yes but survivors literally will get bored of these long gen times and run to the killer to be chased...

They are boring for survivors, and too quick for killers.

A gen rework is for the greater good. The player base would actually increase from that aswell...

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited October 2019

What I want to know, is why is it every time I play a Killer for fun, that I don't know well... or use a build i'm unsure of or something like that... I get the stereotypical "Survivor Main" group? Just everything they can do to mess with me, everything they can do to be a little....

Like this last game I had. Decided to use Clown. Just for giggles. Guess what happened? Not only was it a BS sandwhich, the one that I downed DC'ed when I went to hook them?

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS OKAY!? They were PROUD of there scummy behavior! Like it was expected or just what you do! It's not all survivors, but yall got some REALLY crappy people out there giving you bad names.

Edit: Was in a bit of a foul mood when I wrote this. I'll leave it though, so show how it can get too feeling.