This right here makes me angry

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

First dude rage quits not even a minute in. He thought he gave me the slip, I puke on him, rage quit. Nea, of course, and they were my DL obsession! On top of that, they had that weird glitch where the model is still standing there as if idle, puking all over the place.

The next two rage quit on hook. Not sure why the one was registered as dead yet no points. I know they dced when they hit struggle.

Last found the hatch, and let me know by spamming window vault till I got near.

I know it's rank reset today, but these obviously weren't newbies. This isn't the only case, I have a lot of rage quitting when I play Plague, this is just the first today, and I felt the need to vent a little.

Comments

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Ive had a lot of dcs in my games too, its extremely boring since queue times for killer arent the best right now (for me)

like if you aren’t gonna play the game then just dont play #########

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

I rage quit when another Survivor unintentionally impedes my progress running away from the Killer resulting in my being hit. They should be more considerate of their peers. So i just disconnect.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I have people rage quit to my Legion. It's really weird the mental crap that people pull to justify leaving a party game...

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

People DCed in PTB it will never be fixed until they actually add a system.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

"On top of that, they had that weird glitch where the model is still standing there as if idle, puking all over the place."

This is a bug, sometimes after injuring or downing a survivor it will dc them. Their character will be stuck mid animation for a bit then disappear and if you to pick them up before they do you will dc too.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

There is also a weird glitch with grabbing survivors that are working on gens or vaulting that causes both killer and survivor to freeze then dc shortly after.

• sensualsatan
    sensualsatan Member Posts: 92

The devs honestly need to add some sort of compensation system for the players. So, when someone disconnects from the game, it can keep the players from deranking because another player left due to either poor internet or rage-quitting. Something that gives players just enough points in each emblem to keep them from losing pips. That way the rest is up to the remaining players as to how they do. Having official dedicated servers are still a bit off. Until then, BHVR needs to implement something like this in order to quell the deranking and point loss from disconnects.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Cant we just remove the dosconnect button? Make it where you have to shut the game down completely to disconnect. If you have a legit reason it wont affect you. If you are just being a douche then it makes it way more inconvenient.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I was watching True's stream earlier today. He had his team DC against Plague one after another. Not sure if they were getting kicked (game has been unstable lately, for me at least). If it was just regular rage quiting. Or if it was because of Plague specifically.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

People are also disconnecting because of dedicated servers (not them trying or wanting to). So, there is that as well...

• PotEtU
    PotEtU Member Posts: 44

People that dc make me go pretty pissed, especially since my que times are never shorter then ten minutes, most of the time more then ten minutes. And if people dc like that i wasted so much playtime.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited October 2019

Yup, it is just half fun playing Killer for my opinion, I cant even play Spirit anymore (shes my main) because everyone instantly dcs. Even if I dont play Ruin and have Shadowborn in.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The ragequitting is a symptom of extremely poor game design. That, and bad development priorities overall.

If we had something to promote people ranking up and staying there, playing games for their full length and other common sense stuff, there wouldn't be as much ragequitting as there currently is.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited October 2019

disconnecting got so popular because of some streamers. the devs are even supporting them with "fog whisperer" and stuff instead of punishing this disgusting and toxic behavior. now we are at a point where its normal to DC. and what is bhvr doing? waiting for dedicated servers to punish DC's. yet i think a lot of the big DBD streamers are responsible for this by showing there community its ok to behave this way, in the end its stil the devs fault for not doing anything about it period.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I've done it on accident plenty. You can be running through an area where you don't know someone is, they could have just gotten to a gen and are hiding on the other side of it, it's part of the game how is the chased supposed to know how to avoid the other 3 survivors when he doesn't know where they are?

• Apackawolves
    Apackawolves Member Posts: 65

Rage quitting is a symptom of having no associated punishment. It fuels the toxic behavior that plagues this community. It’s amazing to me that they allow people to ruin the gaming experience for others without any sort of draw back. Personally, I think they should bar people who rage quit from joining the que again for a set period of time, maybe the duration of an average match. Because I think there is a mentality among those type of people that if they see something they don’t like they will just leave and find another match, and that’s a problem.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

There are players that leave the moment they spawn in a map they dislike, both killer and survivor and its extremely frustrating. They feel like they have complete justification over it, and that just makes no sense to me.

• VoodooMan7995
    VoodooMan7995 Member Posts: 137

Agreed. Some users can be toxic and slam doors or windows until they are followed to hatch or an easy escape.

Oh hey btw any Plague tips? I plan to purchase her around christmas so I want to stock up on any tips that aren't "Do Nothing but Puke"... Please and thanks in advance! :)

• VoodooMan7995
    VoodooMan7995 Member Posts: 137

I almost always get hatch when at least 1 person DCs... But to be honest I have also only getting friendly spirits lately that wander for hours before actually loooking for me...

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Just had 3 in a row where people quit cause I wanted to play at Hawkins.