Why does everyone try so hard on rank reset?

Nekoo
Nekoo Member Posts: 133

Just wanted to try out different killers on rank reset,

turns out every team I faced today has at least two op items (instant heal, key, purple toolbox with brand new part...)

Oh let's not forget survivor dc whenever they about to die,

cuz the game punish the killer for that, for god knows why.

Comments

• Lambda
    Lambda Member Posts: 105

People don't like fun.

• siyke26
    siyke26 Member Posts: 81

To be fair it's on both sides killers are also trying really hard I guess to have fun stomping low ranks

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Yeah I notice this also, half the survivors are dcing, and they're all super try hard aholes

• Nekoo

I seriously don't get why anyone would want to go back to red ranks asap,

especially right after reset,

all you would get is just insanely long queue time and nurse & spirit,

then they probably complain why they only see nurse spirit every games after.

dumbest thing you can do in this game

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Same for me. I wanted too get my Adept Freddy, and it was horrible. It took me 5 games because 3 games people escaped with a Key, and there's no counterplay too them anymore so it's a free escape and the other 2 had a DC so I automatically lost. Even after every medkit has a insta heal in it, and everyone bring Prove Thyself and the shroud addon and just gen rush.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Why does everyone do it during Bloodhunt? No idea.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Some people hate having low rank team mates etc.

Others enjoy the competitive nature of high ranks.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Some survivors want to escape the low ranks because of bad random teammates.

Also people will probably want to use their insta-heals before the changes go live with the mid-chapter patch.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Red ranks playing like red ranks. They seem tryhard to you but its just how they normally play.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Well I faced yesterday alot of tryhards aswell but i stomped them with wraith, doctor (level 30 with ######### perks) and trapper.

Was quiete fun seeing them desperately trying hard but failing so miserable. xDD

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

Honestly, I avoid the game for two or three days after rank reset.

A friend of mine bought the game after watching me play, he started a couple days ago. Had a great time even though he struggled at first. He tried playing today, got stomped and then called garbage when he gave up. Yaaay.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

Well, rank reset is when you are unequally paired up with people you should have no right to be paired with.

When you go in as a Rank 2, you should be playing with Ranks 8 and up. When you drop down to 10, you should be playing with Ranks 16 to 4 per matchmaking. Even though there are some deviations because survive with friends and the game literally trying to find you a game before you quit and play something else, you are still likely to play with players that will pummel you.

Also, it doesn't matter when in the month I play, provided the game is working (there have been a lot of game forced DCs as of late on PS4), I'm always playing to immediately destroy Hex: Ruin because most killers check that first and then I go where they are running away from, and then gen rush to attempt someone from escaping.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I don't know exactly how the rank reset works, but doesn't everyone end up playing the same level of player again? Like the rank ones go to say rank 7 and play other former rank one players that are now at rank 7. Unless of course the matchmaking is way off like it is sometimes...

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2019

Three reasons:

1. Some players like bullying lower ranked players for a week.
    2. They're trying to get back up to red ranks ASAP, and the lower ranked players are caught in the crossfire.
    3. Survivors are trying to use up their instaheals before the nerf and Killers are trying to play as much Nurse as they can before her changes.

If you really want to try out different Killers, then I would wait at least a week after rank reset before playing again. Give players time to get back up to red ranks.

How do you know they're leaving their totem? Do you just check everywhere behind them? That seems like it could end up being a huge waste of time.

• Nekoo

Rank 1 get reset back to rank 10.

the thing about rank reset is, the matchmaking allows you to match with someone 6ranks away from you,

so rank 10 can match with rank 16s, which they are newbie who doesn’t affect by rank reset at all.

yes you can match with former rank1 too, but there’s always more low rank than high rank players

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

From someone who has actually done this, it could be to get very competitive matches sooner than later - in hopes of playing against the best survivors/killers as quickly as possible.

Could be to challenge yourself "How fast can I hit red rank again?" Or maybe to avoid playing with bad players/stomp bad killers or survivors. Could be for any reason but I stopped doing it.

• hiC
    hiC Member Posts: 217

More comments about red ranks from people who don’t actually play there. Why is it so common for people to comment about red ranks when it’s obvious they don’t know what they’re talking abkhy?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I don't take any meta perk, except maybe BT, but I never purposely "try hard". It's just that I don't want to die, Im pretty sure most survivors don't want to die.

Ive played long enough to know how to extend my life as long as possible, which may seem toxic to lower ranked or newer killers, but it's all in the name of trying to keep my allies alive.

I also dislike having crappy teammates, and, in general, the lower ranked survivors play worse (poor altruistic decisions, mediocre chase skills, and general poor decision making) and selfishly. I know we all make mistakes, but I don't want to be in a team that tends to make a lot of them within a time span of 8 minutes and then leave my ass to die when I did everything in my power to keep them safe.

I also don't want to be in the rank where its literally just Billy's and Nurse's, but I must take the good with the bad.

Hope that explains it.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I have 3 killers dc last night when a fan popped without a down. it definitely goes both ways...

plus with the Insta heal NERF survivors are just getting rid of their stuff before they're useless