The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hawkins Lab seems heavily survivor favored

Zender
Zender Member Posts: 178

Just over 300 hours on killer, play LF (I know) a lot and on my best days I hit rank 8-10 (anyone else who can do better I'm surprised unless they use other killers to keep their rank low then post awesome photos of how they are awesome at LF at rank 3).

Annnnnyways, I'm running around halls in that place that have 2-3 pallets in the hall. Then there is all the lockers, stairs with a vault in the loft above them, etc.

This team was coordinated with 4 Adren, 3 BT, etc. seeing just unstoppable groups at higher and higher ranks now. Not sure if they were SWF.

Anyone else have trouble with this map? Seems like this and Haddonfield I am about to be punked. They used an offering to pick this too.

Comments

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

If you just mean recently like the past 2 or so days then yes you're facing higher skilled survivors due to the reset. I haven't gotten onto it with any killers who would be 'neutral' on it (ie ghostface/nurse is all I've gotten on it so far iirc). I'd like to say it's quite a balanced map or perhaps actually killer sided due to the number of unsafe pallets (even if there's many more pallets). You either get a hit before they use it and they rush to the next one or exchange a stun/hit meaning one less pallet in that area for them to use. The only truly safe/strong pallets are in the middleish hallway and in the long hall with catwalks.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I argue it's survivor sided with the sheer amount of pallets around every corner not to mention double pallets that are unmindgamable

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Well, most of those pallets are made how Devs want to make pallets now. Unsafe so it's not just circles.

I'd say its more Killer sided.

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

ehhhh...no?

good luck to find ruin in hawkins lab

• UlvenDagoth

Also, a few of the LF mains would be a tad peeved with you for that start.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    edited October 2019

I'd disagree with the not finding gens part of any of the 3 maps. There's at least 1 assured gen in each map (2 for hawkins/game) with an easy to understand pattern for the rest. Totems I can agree with but that's more because I rarely look for them as survivor now that I'm practicing my skill checks and only really play survivor maybe once a day for the bonus exp.

Edit: Add on that killers usually won't find survivors who aren't at generators, so until they find their generator they're mostly safe.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

I have yet to survive Hawkins as a survivor, or have survivors able to survive through the exit Gates on their own as a killer. Maybe you are encountering better survivors than me and my opponents, but it seems very killer sided to me.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

The only thing survivor sided would be the Balanced Landing grate rooms, other than that the map is INCREDIBLY killer sided

(Thank the Lord)

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

@UlvenDagoth who cares, it’s not a secret he’s weak.

The gen across the map, the one in the rift room 2nd floor as a killer you have to go into the room up the stairs and across the top. Surv just drop down a hole next to the gen and have multiple halls to choose from.

i like to know what’s up with the double/triple pallet hallways.

The catwalks make you chase surv up there (or give up) then they got a quick vault that slows you down. Seen a lot of BL abused here. Reminds me of Haddonfield.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Map is killer sided b/c most of the pallets are utter garbage and are really unsafe. There are some BL infinites in the map though which they may need to look at. but other than that, its very killer sided.

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

It's neither. It's pretty well balanced. (I main GhostFace)

The escape doors are perfectly spaced, far enough the killer actually has to move but close enough they have a decent shot of finding the survivor before they are open.

Each room has enough exits to not feel trapped.

Pallets are pretty balanced and most locations are mind gameable.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

I think Hawkins is like the most equal map of them all. Killer and Survivor, it doesn't favor either or. And that's really fun.

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398
  • woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

It depends on the killer. Hawkins is one of Nurse’s worst maps and is probably hard for Billy, while it is the pretty good for stealth killers like Michael and Pig. So the answer is, it depends.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

Its...slighty killer favored, like the other indoor maps. But not to bad, killers are meant to be scary.

Funny how people can see things the complete opposite to how it really is. I think the issue might simply be....LF indoors....

Billy on Lery's also has a bit of trouble.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Hawkins definitely favors killers, with all of its unsafe pallets and weird dead ends. It's aggravating to play in for both sides, though. I hate this map like I hate no other.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Lmao no, have you seen the amount of unsafe loops there are there? unless you have balanced landing or lite you will face hell there most of the time.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Traps in general are really strong on this map. I laugh every time a survivor has to run into my machete when they Realize I chased them up some stairs with a bear trap.

For the record I think this map is great for most killers. It's pretty rare I get to play on it from either side. But i personally have about a 20% survival rate, and almost 100% 4k unless i take pity on the last one.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

It is a pretty big map, and as someone who plays both sides I think it’s killer sided personally.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

indoor maps are survivor sided because there are a bajillion pallets, sometimes having one within a stone's throw of another one. they're also guaranteed to have at least a few Balanced and Lithe trigger points.

indoor maps are killer sided because a lot of the pallet loops are unsafe, and there are fewer setups like T/L walls to loop. totems are also sometimes slightly harder to find than being in the middle of a goddamn field or right next to a gen.

gotta give the advantage to survivor on the whole, but some killers are better at narrowing the gap. M1 killers suffer pretty bad unless your mindgames are gdlk or the survivors try to stick to unsafe loops.

• BearJaw
    BearJaw Member Posts: 56

Bubba is the best anti-altruistic killer in my opinion so definitely not peeved but he is fun to play, and effective at his unique game. I love when you realise at the end of the game they are all going to rush you to save their one commrade and you accidentally 4k..

• UlvenDagoth

I think this talk went to a new thread. How did that happen? Anyway, That is the best feeling. Bubba is... kinda a later game Killer. I think? I'd need to play them more.

• BearJaw
    BearJaw Member Posts: 56

I don't know about heavily survivor sided but having played Hillbilly there my last two games I just.. I just don't enjoy it as much. If I could get a GF game there I think I could do considerably better. Stealth potential is nuts, also trapper potential in those small hallways is great. Not a huge fan of any inside map though because the hatch is always in the dumbest spots.

• Ryuhi

For trapper the smaller hallways are great, except survivors can sidestep traps while you cannot if you place them at chokepoints. Trapper at high ranks really needs tall grass to hide his traps at unexpected places (like loops) so he suffers considerably on indoor maps. especially since his traps can legit be a hindrance to him.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I've always had an easy time as killer on this map, except when the demogorgon ironically

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited October 2019

There are many pallets but they pretty much all suck, there is an open doorway or two around every corner or pallet, and it's easy to see scratch marks and blood. It's also too small, just a rectangular bottleneck.

Not survivor favored at all.

The map also almost makes balanced landing a requirement along with Bond so don't keep running into other people.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Right..

• Ryuhi

lets make a room in an indoor map, with tons of LoS blockers, multiple pallets, and the ability to proc pretty much every single exhaustion perk in the game, and we'll put it right in the center of the map.

...come to think of it, its kinda like crotus penn and the game had a baby :D

• Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33

I disagree, I think Hawkins is Killer sided unless your running balanced landing.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

TLDR: survivor sided at top skill level

I'd say it's pretty balanced, but has big map syndrome, which can hurt killers. I play both killer and survivor in low red ranks (rank 4 or 3) but i play survivor more. I think it's kinda survivor sided at top ranks. Someone else said "it's way better for killers because survivors will get lost and can't find gens or totems" false. After 10 times playing this, someone who pays attention would know all the spawns, and like 3 generators have guaranteed locations, and the totems aren't very hidden, it's just a big map. I've seen 2 really good totem spots on that map, and that's it. As for pallets, there are alot of them, and even if they are weak and unloopable, a good survivor can just run through them, putting them all down right away, and keep a long chase. Sure, less pallets for later, (if you actually break them, hurting the first chase) but if one person uses even 8 - 10 pallets, at red ranks, depending on the team, the gens will be done long before the lack of pallets helps you.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Not really. A lot of the pallets there are pretty unsafe.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

you good there dude?

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

I think it's good one of the most fun maps to play on. As survivor, there's enough pallets that you never have to worry about running into a dead zone, and as killer just about every pallet can be mind gamed so it depends on the skill of both the survivor and the killer. That being said, if you try to mindgame one of the pallets in the hallway, by the gates, you really aren't a good survivor and it's not the maps fault you got caught.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

As a Michael main for killer, I love this map. A spooky killer's heaven and loaded with unsafe pallets.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Its a killer favored map.

Almost all pallets are unsafe pallets and as killer you just need to learn how to run the 2 big loops of the map

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

95% of the pallets that exist on the map are unsafe and as killer I usually get hits at them because the survivor stays at the pallet instead of running away.

The double pallets are short and unsafe so the killer will have an easy time getting the hit at them usually.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Dude... It favours the killer... Small game gets messed up cause traps and totems ring your perk even when they were two floors above or below, even though it's pallet city, there are practically no safe pallets there, you can just leave the pallet and use it in your favour for survivors to have to loop around it or even get a grab if they're dumb enough to try to vault it...

Hex totems are hard to find cause of what I said about small game, teleporters own the map, Freddy has free pallet city passport, etc. Need more arguments?

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

I have to agree with most people on here and always felt it was killer sided.

To say at the top skill level it's survivor sided...I thought that could be said for most maps.

• DocWeed
    DocWeed Member Posts: 5

The 2 Safe pallets on the entire map would like to have a word with you.

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327
    edited October 2019

*The Doc strolls throughout the lab, twirling his weapon like a cane- humming wickedly*

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

this map is the worst map in the entire game there is 0 mind game just hold W spam space all pallets are unsafe easy for the killer

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

2 Weeks ago it was "no safe pallets or loops help this is a killer map!"

Now this...