Survivors Keep Add Ons, Why Not Killers?

ImColtina
ImColtina Member Posts: 24
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

I have come to notice that when a Killer disconnects, players get to keep their items, offerings, and add-ons. When a Survivor DCs, Killer still uses all of it. I'm a Survivor Main, and I feel like this is very unbalanced. I lost red add-ons as a Killer just because people didn't want to play against me and disconnect. If the Devs actually want to balance this game more, that should be a start. It's just not fair for Killers to lose add-ons that took forever to get just for people to DC and get no points. Yes, you get DC points, but it's NOTHING compared to actually getting points from that person in the match.

Do you agree? If yes, leave a comment down below! If not, leave a comment why you think this wouldn't balance the game. Vote Up if you agree!

Comments

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Wanna also say, yall should get more BPs. It's silly how little yall get.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Well once the BP gain is buffed accordingly then it stops being a reason. It's not yet at that point, so it's still a valid reason.

Ideally the DC addon loss should be the same for both though once BP gain is equalized.

• ImColtina

I think it could be done by, when at least 2 Survivors disconnect from the match, then the Killer should keep add-ons, but not the Offering.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Works for me. Means I keep my Rulers and Sketch Books.

• ImColtina

With the Survivor Point Buff, they are trying to make it where Survivors get more points anyways, so I think they should add this.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited October 2019

When a killer DCs it's all luck if a survivor keeps their stuff. It's inconsistent and ######### [BAD WORD] how that works.

Post edited by ASAPTurtle on
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Survivors can die while killers can not. Killers also generally get more BP, as they will get to play the entire match no matter what happens.

I feel no one is supposed to be able to run the same items/addons 24/7, as that would go entirely against the rarity part of the addons balancing philosophy. Also turns stronger (and often rarer) addons into something you're more likely to keep, as they might be stronger than lower-quality addons. Obviously this completely falls apart when you take long-time players into account as there's no limit to how many "rare" things you can save up, but that's just an inherent weakness of using a rarity system for balance.

Besides, outside of pimped out toolboxes the strongest survivor thing (instaheals) already get consumed on use, and keys require addons that can be consumed to be kept on death/hatch escape.

• Papamodzz
    Papamodzz Member Posts: 57

Not wrong lol at all lost alot of crap from killers dcing

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

and i oop Black Ward

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Addons in general need a rework. Consumables that give straight buffs in a multiplayer game like this are just asking for the game to become imbalanced.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/91361/major-addon-item-and-overall-progression-rework

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I suggested in the past that killers could keep their addons based on performance. If you pip you get to keep the lower rarity of the two addons. If you double pip you get to keep both.

• Vao
    Vao Member Posts: 25

honestly there's no reason this shouldn't be a thing. People in the replies keep bringing up that killers get more bp or how it would somehow be imbalanced if killers kept their items when everyone dc's? But I think they don't realize how many points you actually need to use up in order to get some of these items. You might not be able to find the item you want for 5 or 6 new webs. It balances out in the end.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

But killers can close hatch therefore they shouldn't keep their add ons.

Really though it shows the way killers are discriminated, like what did they ever do wrong?

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Wouldn't mind killers getting to keep their addons if they sacrificed (not mori'd) 3 survivors. This wouldn't include ultra rares though for obvious reasons. After all if survivors use their ultra rare addons (bnp/instaheal) then they lose them as well. Also if 2 survivors DC'd from the match sounds fair enough as well. Would reward killers for doing well.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

How about this, if you pip, you keep one of your add-ons, if you double pip, you get to keep all of them. Black pip and de-pip can stay the same.

• So your saying if someone DC cause I’m running the body blocker hag build with an ebony mori, I should be able to use it again for another free win? Count me in!

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,350

Reminds me of THIS game, where I had 3 ppl DC within 10 seconds of the game starting. The 2k points I got though sure made up for everything...

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I'll always say Killers should make more Bloodpoints since it's a 1v4 scenario. Less competition and easier to score since your directly looking for people and wounding them.