Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Turn off dedicated servers

Nearly 2 weeks of uptime for a dedicated server test is PLENTY OF TIME to get FEEDBACK and any other important information, would REALLY LIKE to go back to P2P please the dedicated servers STILL have A LONG WAY to go. and if the test does keep going I hope they turn them OFF for the event or it wont be fun for some people. I feel like this test has been going on for FAR TO LONG

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Survivor side, i've been having great games due to it. I can actually vault windows without the killer magically killing me across it.

As Michael, i've had my Tier III fail to activate, causing the music to play both Tier II and Tier III at the same time despite not tiering up

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

It has been long enough.

• Manquiwito
    Manquiwito Member Posts: 8

Please...

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

Agreed ... Let me play the game.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

It's been fine for me as survivor, been starting to get much green pings across the board. I just blame hitboxes at this point for undeserving hits... Only time I get bad ping is in SWF and that's my fault for wanting to play with friends. I've not encountered many bugs except for the "Error" bug that takes me out of a SWF lobby but that bug isn't killing me.

Honestly, I'd rather have green ping for the event.

That may just solely be a bug with Myers. Unless you can prove its Dedicated Servers causing it.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

As survivor it's fine but as killer it's god damn awful.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited October 2019

I can tolerate most of the issues with dedicated servers but Huntress is frustrating to deal with as survivor. I understand it's a latency issue but every time I've played against Huntress I get hit by a hatchet while I'm behind a wall fully covered.

The Shape is the only other killer I can think of that definitely needs work with dedicated servers. His power just randomly reverts progression on Evil Within seconds after ending stalk.

Aside from those two issues though amazingly I've had a pretty good experience with dedicated servers overall. Guess I've been fortunate for the most part compared to everyone else.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

In my experience they just aren't consistent. I get some games that feel great and responsive while I get others where I get hit over a window 5m from it or a really sketchy hatchet hit.

I too think they've been on long enough.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

They are gonna force servers

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745
    edited October 2019

I am fine for them to be permanent WHEN THEY ARE READY, THEY are currently NOT ready, this test has gone on long enough and should end, this is not the dedicated servers launch, this was supposed to be a test and it has lasted LONG ENOUGH

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373
    edited October 2019

Don't get me started these dedicated servers WERE a great idea in the beginning BUT the reasons that they are doing it for now pretty much have nothing to do with people dcing. Its because too many people (killers mostly streamers) complained about other players (regular playing survivors) blocking them on MLGA for being toxic they even sent the MLGA guy a letter see his post on it cause I just heard his side in the post but it was a valid arugment he has.

That said the servers are not ready due to the massive amount of player disconnects that happen on their parts and its frustrating.

• camgaming_dbd
    camgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191

It feels like this is the official dedicated servers

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

What? For me it's most of the time even worse, after I vault a window i get "sucked" back a few steps closer to the window and get hit. Horrible, it was never this extreme on p2p

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

A Killer using his powers is BOTH client side and server side. The client needs to tell the server that he is is using the power and the server needs to confirm that. Sounds simple but there is a catch.

There is multiple checks between Killer and server and the server needs to send confirmation back to the Killer WHILE the Killer is STILL holding the action.

The server can, and often does, revert progress with the Killer power if the Killer doesn't overcharge it. This isnt just a problem with Killer powers either. Most Killer interactions work like this and have done so even when the game was p2p. The game has needless doublechecks for so many things and you can clearly see them in every game.

Back when Killer was host, this was instant. But as there is a Server any and all actions the Killer now takes needs him to spend longer to do them. Using your power is slower, your muscle memory for it is #########, and it just plays badly. If 8 wasn't on my phone I'd proper explain it, but I gotta get back to work.

• Cyro
    Cyro Member Posts: 79

When I play survivor it's almost such a good change.

Then I play killer and when the servers decide 'well this is it' I play Demogorgon and find out I can't even charge or let go of my shred anymore, very fun.

• raquelambersantiago

System wont let me post the posting up but you can google it its all over the internet on a discussion thread.

• raquelambersantiago

HOWEVER, in behaviors defense (and im rare on that one except for a few good mods I know on steam who actually are good people) we only read his side of it (the developer of MLGA).

• Mr_K

Dedicated servers were required for the Switch version. Instead of supporting several versions of the game they decided to deploy servers for all platforms.

To me dedicated servers was never a good idea. People thought it was going to solve all these phantom hits and such. These types do not know what latency was or cared to learn. Survivors seeing worse hit detection (they scream hitbox) is a predicable outcome of these servers. Not to mention how killers are ######### over by them.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Wait, is that true? Nintendo doesn't even use dedicated servers for Mario Maker multiplayer, but they demand other developers do?

• Mr_K

As far as we been told (by the Devs themselves) and noting the launch of the Switch version. The Switch is not capable of hosting this type of game and requires dedicated servers.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

NOOOO!!!

As long as they "seem to be working fine for me"*

It narrows down my choices for games to spend time and money on.

If I can actually play this game again, it just adds to my game pool and makes decisions more difficult(because I enjoyed this game when I could actually play it)

*as mentioned by a Dead By Daylight moderator. Seems they are working as intended and they do not want my money at this time.

• SteelDragon
    edited October 2019

@Peanits

do you know if they will be turning off the dedicated server test anytime soon, they should of gotten enough data by now to do some improvements for a test later on. since the event starts tommorow

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

They may just go from this directly to live tomorrow. 🤔

Imagine if tomorrow they go bam servers live all platforms rifts archives all platforms and a Halloween event. The crowd would go wild.

We should hear something today or tomorrow either way since a lot of things are starting up with DbD.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Im afraid this is the final product for now i dont think they are gonna turn them off.

• SteelDragon

it would be bad if the current version of dedicated servers went live, there is a lot of issues, the crown would go wild.... in a bad way

• SteelDragon

it would do more harm than good to DBD if the current version of the dedicated servers went live

• SteelDragon
    edited October 2019

im saying being PERMANENTLY LIVE ATM, from what they said this is JUST A TEST, which is should be but it is being a very long test. they never said THIS WAS THE RELEASE, after testing this current of the servers a lot of people are taking a break from the game while they wait for the test to end. SINCE THEY KNOW IT IS A TEST not the release. If it was the release things would be different. there would be ALOT of backlash about how the servers where NOT READY for release, which they are not

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

How many days or weeks must dedicated servers be forced on the player base before they are more than "just a test"?

A few days or so is a test. A week or more is not.

Using the PTB is a test. Putting something on live without giving an announcement is not.

This is a rather common tactic. Put something out and ignore the complaints. Sooner or later the user base will just accept the changes and forget about it. They don't have a choice but to do so as it is already done. Then everyone moves on like nothing happened most likely around the same time something else pops up after a week or so later.

The devs pushed servers to live. That is said, done, and not going to change. They knew it was going to be a difficult change over and instead of dragging it out they just ripped off that bandage. Letting the player base complain a bit and so what humans normally do. Accept the changes and move on like we have done with so much in the past. And oh look at that! The Archives just so happened to be coming out a week or so after dedicated servers. After most complaints died off, after the player base just started to accept servers as the new normal.

Yeah. It is a lot more easy to control, predict, and manipulate people than most think it is.