The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you dodge huntresses hatchets?

I don't know how to dodge them. The hitbox is also ridiculous. I haven't played since adam's release and man...I'd remove SWF just to nerf killers again. Most players don't even have friends to play it. Many solo players suffer due to busted killers. How many killers complained to get all these buffs? Closed hatch, timer at the end, RUIN EVERY SINGLE GAME. I hope DBD switches up the meta...

Comments

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91

The survivors in my games run straight into them and somehow manage to not get hit, so that.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Pray spacetime warps in the correct way for them to phase clean through your torso like everyone else

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Hitboxes can always screw you over but here are some tips:

Never vault a window or drop a pallet when she is about to throw a hatchet. You shouldn't even drop a pallet or vault when she is close since she will probably throw a hatchet so its best to fake it.

Always try to go behind a wall when you are in a chase with her

If she is going to throw a hatchet over a short obstacle you can crouch to avoid it

You can fake going one one way and then immediately turn the other way when she is about to throw to make her miss.

If she is really really close to you, just spin around randomly and keep changing directions to make her miss.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

i agree on the hitboxes part, i have countless clips of BS huntress hits.

The best way i can explain it is is that survivors have this long rectangle hitbox that extends out from their shoulders+waist outwards about an extra ft. This allows all these Huntress players to land countless dumb hits

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Hide behind the equally bad debris hit boxes.

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

with these servers you just pray. literally

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

if she's trying to throw a hatchet on top of you just have a spaz attack

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

You start by not running in a straight line. Then, you break like of sight and instead of dropping pallets while she charges her hatchets, you keep looping her.

Oh, and abuse the infinites for Huntress, which are almost any building in the game.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

It depends how close you are to the Huntress. If she is relatively close then you can't really dodge the hatchet on your own. You might be able to get her to miss with some tricky movements, but a good Huntress rarely misses close range shots.

If you're farther away, then you can attempt to dodge. Just be aware that a Huntress can predict your dodge and still hit you. All I can say is practice dodging long range shots. You'll get the feel for it after playing against Huntress enough.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Why would you need a vid for what I just said ? If she can't see you, she can't hit you with a hatchet. Pretty simple, right ? She can't throw over loops with high walls, so use these to loop her. You can crouch at shorter walls loops to avoid the hatchet. Now I need to give you a video to show you how to crouch ?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

You need LOS blockers. If you are out in the open... pray she is a bad shot. (they usually aren't)