My friends avoid joining me because I'm red rank.(Answered thanks to Professor Junwich and everyone)

NoMitherPlayer
NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

Hello. A little sadness in here. My friends are avoiding to play with me because if they do so they get red ranks killers;

Almost every recent game I did with them, we lost and by far. For example, yesterday I played with my 3 friends rank 12x3. We got 5 spirits in a row. 0 gens done every game. Then we stopped. You can imagine how op is a red rank spirit against 3 green ranks+ me? Spirit or not it doesn't matter we still loose.

So there was an update long time ago. Red ranks like me who were teaming up with a 20 rank were getting a 20 killer.

This change was literally inverted.

My friends can't get better at this game we all have a limit and they reached theirs. I can't turn them into red ranks.

Dead by daylight please if for example 2 rank 12 team up with 2 rank 1, the killer should be rank 6, perhaps slightly more or less to find a quick session. If 3 rank 12 team up with a rank 1 they should get a rank ~10 if my math is correct. Will this be fair for both killers and survivors? I doubt anybody from any side disagrees.

I've read the patch notes. The current system is not fair and unbalanced.

Let me play with my friends again, I just want to have fun with them and I don't see how this is possible without a change.

Post edited by NoMitherPlayer on
Β«1

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
    edited October 2019

You can always make more friends to be able to play Custom Game with a full lobby.

No ranks interfering whatsoever.

• NoMitherPlayer

I thought this was obvious so I didn't even write it. Yes, the previous update was painful for killers and also unfair. Which is why inverting it didn't solve the problem but inverted the problem. The previous system was:

3 rank 1+ 1 rank 20=rank 20~ killer

The new system:

1 rank 1, 3 rank 20:

Rank 3~ killer.

Both updates aren't balanced

Everyone knows the previous update was painful and unfair including me. Please, that's not my point.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The only thing you can do now, is make a gang of five and play Kill your Friends.

• NoMitherPlayer

Custom game isn't the same mode. Yes no ranks but also no rewards, nothing this is even worse. I'm not sure if you're really trying to help or just being not nice but thanks anyways.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Just de-rank. Killers do it all the time, so if you want to play with your friends just de-rank so that you guys get an appropriate rank killer.... hopefully not a deranker.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Just dont pip up. Problem solved. Stop being a good survivor. Just get into rank 12 and run a no mither build to make sure you limit your pips.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

This is great, and somehow my mind IMMEDIATELY knew how to read this.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

I really dont understand ppls thought patterns with newbie teammates. Carrying your teammates in abunch of rounds against rank 15 killers does NOT help them improve. Instead of insisting on trying to carry them, I think this guys teammates have the right idea...

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Your lower-rank friends make the choice to queue with you. They take an active role in accepting the matchmaking challenge. The killer has no agency in this regard; he is stuck with who he goes up against.

It would be less fair for a brown- or yellow-rank killer to go up against an uber-player who is carrying their team, because the killer player is entirely at the mercy of the matchmaking, while the survivors have a way of controlling their situation. Your argument suggests that you don't care about this.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

The big difference is the rank 20 survivors have a choice to join you in a higher match game. Killers didn't get that and it can really ruin the killer's experience.

It's fine if your friends don't wan't to join you. Just let them practice and get up to your ranks. You can still play KYF.

• NoMitherPlayer

There is nothing against the killers in my request. Even as a killer you either get very strong teams or very weak teams currently. Both extremes because of this system. My friends are good. But they will never be good enough to face red ranks. People have children and many other reasons that doesn't allow them to spend enough time to get better at this game. Killers, don't you want a fair lobby too? Aren't you more interested in getting a team of your level than 8 ranks lower? X)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Of course I'm trying to help, you don't become Trusted by being a dick.

You want to play with your friends, so I tell you a way.

If you don't want a way that lets you play with them with no restrictions at all because it won't give you Bloodpoints for a different gamemode, then idk whay else to say.

• NoMitherPlayer

Yes you are right about that. It's kinda tough tho I like this game and I have more time than they do. I also have rank 1 friends but I would like to play with my lower rank friends without having to, in exchange, reduce the fun I get from this game in any way. I just hope that if people see my post they will think about it and maybe devs will take a look at it soon.

• NoMitherPlayer

If you're teaming up with 3 red ranks yes this is fair. My situation is not the same at all I don't have other friends to help me carry 1 low rank. I am rank 1 and my 3 friends are rank 12, 12 and 12. I can't carry them all against a rank 1 killer. The rank 1 killer is much more efficient than I am at using their ranks at his advantage. No you don't even need willpower with 3 red ranks. Just let them carry you because they're 3 they easily can.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I don't know if anyone else brought this up but you might not have really good friends if they avoid playing with you just because they lose a lot due to rank. Usually I play with friends just for fun idc if I win/lose... Alternatively you guys can get a group of 5 and just KYF it up.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@thatguyinktown You do realize that even with comms a new survivor isn't going to know what you're talking about when you communicate with them right?

The hypocrisy I see is people using the word "bully" so loosely as if this is High School or something (where being a bully is actually a real issue), and only caring for one side getting "bullied". There is a clear advantage in playing against someone below your rank.

So the problem is still there, it was just flipped.

• NoMitherPlayer

I believe if nobody mentioned that problem before it's probably because players like me usually avoid to play with lower ranks even if they are friends. I see that all the time. Well I might be wrong but technically if I'm a rank 12 and I vs 2 rank 4+ 2 rank 20 (12-8=4 ; 12+8=20) So this should be at least technically fair. The killer will have a chance I think. If he doesn't, then I guess they did a pretty bad job cauz at this point it's entirely on dbd devs

• NoMitherPlayer

That's exactly the problem. What about when they disagree to it? We never get the chance to play together again and that's unfair because it's unfair.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    edited October 2019

I see why the change was made. Playing against SWF is miserable experience, especially if you are going a bunch of high rank survivors. Maybe they could average the two highest rank survivors instead of just the highest rank survivor.

• Johnny_XMan

@thatguyinktown That's not an excuse.

It doesn't change the fact that a killer with 3k+ hours is facing someone who just got the game yesterday. That is just putting the target on someone else not fixing the problem.

• NoMitherPlayer

Yes I would Definately be okay with that, so the killer will still get more lower ranks than his but not too much as it is now. I just wonder why didn't they did that already this is common sense and I'm sure sure there is a few other good possibilities.

• Johnny_XMan

@thatguyinktown I don't think they would do well with a low rank killer either, but as someone who also plays killer I don't want to be paired up with someone less than half my rank let alone my skill.

Sorry, but again... this is a band-aid on the problem not exactly a "fix". I don't like easy matches.

• NoMitherPlayer

Alright so i'm the one who started this conversation. And here is in my opinion the best answer I've got. Do you guys agree with what professorDunwich wrote? If yes vote it up as I did :) If not, I Definately would like to know why cauz it seems to legit make sense to me

• BigBlind7994
    BigBlind7994 Member Posts: 26

Going for the middle number as team rank is massivly unfair for the killer

rank 1 +20 get a rank 10 killer. the rank 10 killer will most likely stand no chance against the rank 1 surv in a chase, so he can easily take a huge advantage out of it, while the rank 20 just does gens. not fair at all.

sure it sucks that your friends dont want to play anymore with you. but a team has so many advantages already with comms, even if they are bad, you get so much more infos, which makes the game massivly easier^^

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91

Seriously, maybe this is harsh. But get friends who aren’t scrubs. They’re not scrubs because they’re bad, but because they refuse to improve.

• Johnny_XMan

@thatguyinktown To each their own.

If you think this brought killers to swf level, then why all these posts about "swf are op" that are still around?

• NoMitherPlayer

Progression and rankings is what makes every single game in the world enjoyable for a long time. No bloodpoints, no ranks, no challenges... Nobody would be playing by now.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I instantly got the tune. Thank you so much for this.

• NoMitherPlayer

No. What I want is a fair system which allows me and my friends to survive 30% of the games at list when the killer wins 70%.

• UlvenDagoth

SO, you really... really deeply in your soul think it was fair for a rank 15 or lower Killer to get a whole team of Red Ranks to go against? You honestly think that was okay? You don't realize that 4 people working together can overcome a higher ranked Killer, but a Lower ranked Killer (I'm using that for less skilled all you "Rank doesn't matter" people) is all alone against a team of Red ranks? Even without SWF that isn't fair. You are upset cause your friends won't get better and that you can't just stomp allllllll over the lower Killers? Yeah, I don't think I have to tell you what's wrong and biased about your post, and I honestly see others trying and you not listening. IF all you want is to exploit the game to stomp on players lower skilled then you, then good riddance. I can't stand "Smurfing" or anything like that on EITHER side.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Just sweat less my dude. Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

• NoMitherPlayer

What is dead by daylight? As a resume, I would say quicklyfacing an unknown player who plays a killer with randoms or with friends. Or, playing as a killer against a random team. I don't want to play against my friends I want a new killer every time. This is very basic. Dead by daylight is swf, solo and killer. Custom games are just an extra mostly used to test stuff because that's quickly boring due to the non existence of any kind of leveling up or random challenge.

• UlvenDagoth

Nothing you said had to do with what I said. You know SWF wasn't supposed to even be a thing to start with in the first place and remains the hardest thing to balance IN THE GAME?

So, are you gonna read what I said or just strawman so I realize more that you will not listen and move on?

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2019

This is gonna be a very unpopular opinion but I think the whole SWF matchmaking issue was better before, it's better to have a rank 1+12+10+10 survivors vs a rank 9 killer than have a red rank killer vs green survivors and one red rank.

Why? Because the skillgap for survivor is much higher and harder than killer in green and brown ranks. Maybe even purple. It's much harder learning how to pallet loop, map design, where pallets are, etc. Opposed to just downing survivors. The mistake most newer killers make is chasing that red rank survivor for ages when they could've literally chased anyone else and downed them in less than 30 secs. Common sense dictates if I can't catch this guy in a reasonable frame of time then move on..

Every SWF isn't a death squad, some people do play this game casually, believe it or not. I suggest that when a SWF loads in, the killer can see all their levels? That way you can tell it's a SWF indefinitely and know what you're up against. Now if the case was three red ranks and a brown vs a green or brown killer then that's awful. That should never happen, but if averages were taken accordingly then it shouldn't.

• NoMitherPlayer

Read all comments please this was already answered around the beginning

• siyke26
    siyke26 Member Posts: 81

The OP has a valid point even if it's being misconstrued

• UlvenDagoth

Literally nothing answered what I said. You gave me some rhetorical stuff about "What is Dead By Daylight?"

All I see is you wanting to pick on lower skilled players, and I'm sickened by your behavior.

• UlvenDagoth

also the MM before this was putting rank 18 killers vs. all red ranks. THAT is what OP wants back, OR they want a rank 3, 15, 10, 16 to go against rank 18 Killers (For example)

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Ditch you friends, they will just end up being the death of you in a zombie apocalypse πŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈ...

• Phox
    Phox Member Posts: 206

Anyone who played killer before knew matchmaking was broken because it was so easily exploited, that’s why it changed. Although this much less broken, it’s not balanced either. It’s another bandaid fix. Not everyone abused matchmaking, not everyone carried their friends or bullied, and not everyone has time to git gud and make it to red ranks. Me and my dad used to get on once a week and play before this change. A duo with a rank 18 going against red rank killers is silly. We just played for fun, I took it very easy in our games before but do you think rank 1 killers are taking it easy? Of course not. I hope the devs look at a better fix sometime.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2019

I see but that is more so an issue of taking averages, I don't think that meant it needed to be scrapped completely, just modify and adjust the algorithm. But maybe scrapping it was easier. I don't see how 4/3 red ranks could ever get a brown rank killer though unless you're playing at an incredibly odd time so the servers are prioritizing location/connection to get you into a match opposed to actual ranking/skill.

• UlvenDagoth

Trust me, it happened alot to people. You should have seen the forums during that time.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

The killer should be from the average ranks of survivors. There is no way to solve this issue but this is the best option.

The current system will stop many people from playing the game ever again. This game needs more players and this change is NOT a good thing at all. Even I know 3 people that are never going to touch this game again because we only played together. If you think that's a good thing, then I don't know what to tell you.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Just get a squad of 5 and do private. No rewards? Wrong, you get the best reward you can get....... Tons of fun, laughter, and good times.