I welcome the delay if it means they’re making the Rift challenges more accessible

Options
pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Nobody wants to do challenges where you need the stars to align, the gods to smile upon you, the rains to be blessed in Africa, and to sing your prayers to make it work.

A good challenge is one that can be accomplished through perseverance and skill alone, not sheer dumb luck.

And that’s the tea.

If the later challenges remain just as ridiculously impossible/encouraging bad plays, I will be disappointed.

Comments

• NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options

I guess people just want to complain about something. A bunch of crybabies.

I don't mind a delay at all. People react like there won't be any event at all.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I just don't want to see challenges that require crap like:

"do X Flashlight Saves in a single match"

"Escape the Basement Hook as the last Survivor alive"

Or whatever else type of challenge that practically never happens or extensively sets a match up for failure to achieve.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

then how about GIVE THEM TIME TO FIX IT INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING?

Seriously man, you are being really judgmental You get upset cause something is delayed then get bad cause things have bugs but come out sooner. Pick one.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Hes complaining about the whole concept of the rift itself. It could be super easy mode challenges, but he's still have a problem with it that it has a premium track. Its kinda like complaining to walmart for deciding to sell more varieties of merchandise today than they did yesterday. "THEY JUST WANT OUR MONEY!!!" no duh, lol.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

The problem for me is the complete lack of transparency. It really wouldn't be hard if they said "We saw the feedback on challenges, so the archives must be delayed until the challenge difficulty is reduced." It's the fact they want too keep everyone in the dark and simply not say what the problem is.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Keeping silent means you approve of everything that's happening.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794
    Options

@Fibijean I second this. “Unforeseen circumstances” doesn’t sound like a fix to me. But I hope I’m wrong, of course :-)

• Impala
    Impala Member Posts: 145
    edited October 2019
    Options

There have been 3 years with ranks and without rank rewards, how much should we wait? He is right, the game is more buggier after every update. The dedicated servers took 1 year to be released and when they were on the brink of releasing they said they weren't working and postponed them. Now we are on 22nd of October and they still don't look good. I've seen many new players compare this game with a Pre-Alpha game because of its state (not the content).

I can accept a few days to make an event/rift pass better, but I can't accept years of unprofesionalism, like the things aforementioned and that's because I have invested lots of time and money in this game and because I do love the concept and the game itself and want it to succeed. But the hard truth is this, if they had real competition, they wouldn't have been on the winning side.

• UlvenDagoth
    edited October 2019
    Options

Yeah, that's what I am getting from him. I really really disapprove of this kind of attitude directed at the devs from the community. Let them do what they need too.

but you two, that kinda thought I can understand more, cause you just really wanna know what's going on.... other than the really silly thought that they would pull assets away from such a successful asset as DBD that has a ton of people hooked on playing it.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    Options

I think most of the people who want to play Dead by Daylight have already bought it. If I had to guess, I'd say that the game's revenue has been steadily declining for some time, and the release of new chapters isn't enough to make up the difference. They seem to be hoping that the Rift and Archives will provide them with a more steady source of income. But even if it works, I doubt that means they'll put more effort into improving upon the game.

"Why waste time and effort trying to create a better game in the hopes that more people will buy, when we can just milk our current playerbase with cosmetics every few months and make loads of money with minimal effort?" Is what I imagine someone would say in the middle of a board meeting.

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
    Options

Yes, this is probably exactly what is happening now. More and more people write on forums that developers are going the wrong way. But the developers do not pay attention to this. I wonder how far they go.. Although what am I talking about? Battle pass in a paid game, this is the edge.

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options

Thats what i was thinking. Just like when the update 2.0 was supposed to release. It took Microsoft and Sony a whole month to approve this because it had in-game purchases. A battle pass is a completely new thing so i bet Sony and Microsoft are going to need a few weeks to approve this. (Idk why though. They just have to allow it to happen. It's not like its going to break the consoles)

• UlvenDagoth
    Options

I'm sorry you are so jaded friend. Hate to say it but I hope I am right and not you.

• UlvenDagoth
    Options

Let me leave you all with something @NMCKE said in another one of this these threads.

"If they released Dedicated Servers and etc., you will instead hear this from everyone, "Ugh, great year BHVR, you gave us terrible servers," "Thank you for the poor Halloween Event BHVR," "Poor summer event BHVR, as expected," and so on — the forums will be on fire if BHVR released an incomplete project. It seems like BHVR gets the blame regardless of what they do, so please, chillax, stay positive 😕

BHVR is doing the best they can, and I wished y'all took a different point of view instead of pointing fingers at BHVR 24/7.

I'm just going to leave this here, I will always stand beside @MandyTalk's quote:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/617101#Comment_617101

The Developers care greatly about their player base and are constantly striving to keep both "sides" happy. They also care greatly about the game that THEY created.

They give regular updates, answer as many questions as possible about things they can discuss - obviously they cannot discuss up and coming stuff because all of that is kept secret. They share their time and as much information as they possibly can. You can also find them in a lot of streams talking to the Community, answering questions and helping people as much as possible.

They are trying to please so many people at once from different sides of the game and for someone to say that they're just trying to infuriate people is frankly incredibly disappointing - I expected better from the Community than that.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

None of the challenges from what I seen required luck

Literally there is a challenge to open chests

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Challenges like "unhook 2 survivors during the endgame collapse in a single match" or "trap each survivor in the match once during a single match" require the survivors / your teammates to be pretty incompetent in order to achieve them.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,621
    Options

Its not like that the people who complain about these challenges have any facts they can base their argumentation on.

If after the full Rift-Time only a really small minority completed the Rift Pass (=less people than expected by BHVR, and no, it is not the goal that everyone should complete it), THEN changes can be made.

These challenges arent luck based either.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

Unhook 2 survivors pairs to the killer "kill 2 survivors with NoEd(I think that is the challenge)"

And you can trap each survivor in one match if you can place traps at loops and/or use iri stone