Dbd smurfs on ps4 are so pathetic

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Imagine creating an entirely new account just so you can sweat against people of lower rank than you in a party game with no rank rewards. Just faced a survivor smurf who “hands out deranks like stds” - real charmer, that one. Ugh.

Comments

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107

######### is a smurf?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

An account used to face lower level players

Usually seen in games like Overwatch and Dead By Daylight

• pemberley

Oh I agree. I just mention ps4 because that’s my platform and on ps4, you pretty much have to create a new account to have an obvious game specific smurf name. I mean sure, you can change it now but it’s not really worth the trouble given Sony’s disclaimer of “things might go wrong.”

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2019

Believe me smurf accounts on R6 are way more common than on DBD and more frustrating. I hate it when I face diamonds and champions when i'm in gold elo

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184

U get a rank reset every month and if u dont play enough in 2 months to compensate it, u will be in the low ranks without being a noob. I was calling a smurf one time because of that reason.

So just because the "low rank" killer or survivor is really good it doesn't mean he is a smurf.

• pemberley

Nah, you know a smurf when you see one. Like on ps4, a url that’s obviously dbd related is a smurf. Because unlike pc/steam, we can’t change our names as fluidly.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited October 2019

Not really much of a point to create a smurf acct on DbD if someon wanted their acct to be in low ranks they could just leave matches right before they die and depip -2. Also like you stated there’s no rank rewards in the game so it’s really pointless.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I'm on the PS4, and I have an alternate account which I use for Dead by Daylight but it's not for going against Rank 20 killers. Whilst my main account is at rank 1, my alternative account is normally at around rank 6 so I still go against decent killers on my "smurf".

The reason I use my alternate account is to warm up, I'm a good survivor but I'm also inconsistent and it normally takes me a few games to start playing well, after I start playing well I'll switch over to my main.

Another reason why is sometimes I get tired of constantly going against rank 1 Spirits with beads, so I switch over to my alternate account to get some variety of the killers that I go against.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

There are smurfs in literally every multiplayer or pvp game, not only in that both.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Yeah, but those 2 are common as its got ranked matchmaking, while games like Call Of Duty just don't

• Salty_Huntress
    Salty_Huntress Member Posts: 151

Not necessarily I changed my psn name to something dbd related, so just because of the name being dbd related doesn’t mean it’s a smurf though it can

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

To some of the smurfs defense(killer wise at least) what if you are high ranked on your main like rank 1 and you want to try a new killer you have never played before. This was my problem cuz I wanted to try huntress but refused due to my rank and getting dominated. I made a smurf but in the end I just went back on my main and got demolished as usual and lost 3 whole ranks. Felt to guilty to keep using my smurf. But yea this is something rank for different killers will solve

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

I have to admit that at first I was against smurf. But recently I made an account with other friends and I don't really regret it

We are rank 1 and when we play SWF we do not seek to bully the killer, just have a good time. The problem in ps4 is that the community is small, all Latinos know each other and grudges remain, it is almost impossible to play a normal game.

Majority killers go with mori, broken addons or simply refuse to play the game

In addition to that, for some reason in rank 1 it takes 15 minutes looking for games with a 200-150 ping. In the smurf we find instantly and with 70-100 ping

When we use the smurf we go without meta perks, and usually get the killer win. We don't want to f*ck the killer experience, we just want to play!

Sorry if something was not understood, my native language is not English. I speak despacito

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2019

I don't smurf i changed my name to BBQnDemogorgon on PS4...

That's a god awful way to call out people for smurfing. I've changed my name twice on PSN now with no issues at all. It's very fluid you just go to your profile click a button and enter the name you want for free the first time $ for later names.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I don't even understand a Smurf for DBD...especially when Derankers/ Derank Squads are a thing

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

THIS! R6 is FULL of smurf accts and I've never seen a smurf account on PS4... Ever.

Do they exist probably but on R6 1/3 lobbies will have a sweaty smuf acct. It's a farrrrr more competitive game and given that they have casual and ranked matches I get why people have multiple accounts.

Would I ever bother with multiple acts - Nope. I can't remember my passwords let alone remember a new account name AND password... too much trouble for me. Besides I wonna have fun not worry about ranking so on games like R6 I play casual.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

No where did I say that it was to go against lower ranked players. Not once. In fact if you look at some of my previous post/comments you will actually see that I advocate for having ranked and casual on dbd to combat some of the matchmaking issues. Also, I literally said "I get why folks have multiple accts".

I *was* commenting on the number of smurfs relative to DBD vs R6 and how one makes sense because of how ranked and casual are a thing in R6 and not DBD.

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91
    edited October 2019

Technically I’m a Smurf but in my defense my old account got perma-banned.

I kind of felt bad destroying rank 20’s but now I’m only at rank 12 and I’m running into SWF and killers with full meta loadouts.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

There's hecka' Survivor Smurfs on PS4, as well. It goes both ways.

• toxic_clown
    toxic_clown Member Posts: 318

you just said yourself its a party game, riiiiight? so why cry about "smurfs" in a party game?

theres no such thing as smurfs in dbd. i mean your rank drops every month anyway. i didnt play for a few months, came back and went from rank 1 to rank 14. am i now somehow smurfing? lmao