The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dumbest things you've seen?

dbizzle
dbizzle Member Posts: 96
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

I've seen some idiocy in my time.

cleansing a totem instead of being healed

hiding in a cupboard next to a generator that just blew

waiting at the exit just to get stabbed

whats the dumbest things you've seen?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

David left me on the hook for a chest while the other survivor was getting chased by the killer.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

Bought No Mither.

Hex:Ruin was in the shrine at the time I bought No Mither.

Regretted it deeply.

I don't even know HOW I thought it was a good idea.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046
    edited October 2019

Few weeks ago:

I managed to get hooked in the Basement by a Billy. A Bill came down to get me... And he did not unhook me. He waited until Billy was back at the Shack and was down with us, so he ran away, so I reached the second state. He even had Borrowed and I had DS...

And, two days ago:

Played SWF with my friend (the other Red Rank), and while I was hooked in the Basement (I see a pattern), my friend (injured) was not able to get me, because Ghostface was camping above (with 5 Gens to go, but well..).. And I did not see any of the other Survivors.

Turns out: They were in a locker the whole time. Both of them. They did not participate in the game at all, it was a 2v1. The guy who died only got so much points because he got off the Hook by a Kobe. Jeff (who escaped) got around 13k Points, but 5000 are for the escape, 2500 for Hatch Escape and also quite a good amount for opening the Hatch. After asking why they play like this "Tactic"...

I still think that Left Behind is ok and not a problematic Perk, but that was really annoying.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154

Everyone looking for Hex: Ruin While I’m getting chased for 3-5mins :( Instead of just pushing through RUIN.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

A Jake was running away from me after I unhooked him cause I was trying to heal him. He went through a pallet and instead of healing for a split second I threw the pallet down (Not god pallet, but I'm pretty sure he threw that one down). I was mad, but he let me heal him after a bit of running away when the killer wasn't near

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

Gen on 95% with me and a Jake working on it. The bubba gets close but I decide to commit since 2 people will get the gen done faster. This idiot Jake decides to run away from the gen and never touches it again. The team ended up doing a different gen and they all let me die in the basement on my first hook even though I saved all of them multiple times. The bubba was sort of proxying the basement by walking around but not a single teammate of mine even attempted to save me.

By the way, these were all red ranks.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407

I was playing Hag and I put Insidious on her( I was like really new at the game and did't know what perks were garbage lol)

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I've also seen someone using black ward with brown addons on billy

• FrodoWillis
    FrodoWillis Member Posts: 28

I had max level "We'll Make It",unhooked a person who was affected by "Sloppy butcher" and insted of letting me heal that person,he was using "self care" even tho were was safe and i was near that person.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Using Doctor with no perks and addons on red ranks for a daily. Ogm i got rekt.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Waiting at the gate for a hit is usually a respect or pity thing. Besides, it helps survivors keep their rank down and let's the killers get ritual progress if they failed all game.

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

Back when Freddy didn't have his rework, I regularly played at red ranks with him. One match I got a blendette. Everytime I found this person, they wouldn't look behind themselves and ran out in the open. A rank 20 could loop better. Needless to say, he sucked at hiding too and relied too much on his clothes. After the match was over, he messaged me (Xbox) and said that every killer is unfair with the exception of Huntress. He also told me the struggles of playing solo survivor and why I should apologize for "camping".

Literally the worst survivor bias I've seen.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

I was playing David against a tunneling wraith on the groaning storehouse and the infinite window along with 2 pallets in the main loop spawned.

He instead tried to mindgame me around the walls that have holes in them. Lol

He thought since he hooked me once He could do it again but nope.

I wasted 4 gens in total and while I was running to the last loop by the exit gate.

my teammates opened it and as I was running out the wraith dced.

He was salty after words when he should’ve just abandoned chase.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You chose getting better at one aspect over staying mediocre at another.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I have 2:

1° I was spirit and a guy decided to teabag me not close enough to the exit... Instant karma.

2° He unhooked me with no borrowed time, being chased, oh, did I forget saying against Bubba?

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

$10 cosmetic in a $20 game or you could say $10 for a cosmetic for a $7 Character.

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 329

I was on the hook, another person downed like twenty feet away while a jake was on a gen. The person on the hooked bled out and jake finished the gen. This happened on rank 20 and it was the dumbest thing ive ever seen.

Also several times brown medkits with syringe and styptic protected by a white ward

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

A Legacy Claudette trying to CJ tech me when I had my chainsaw out.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
  • ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

Crouch walking in the basement, while killer is no where near or chasing other survivor.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Me hiding in the only locker next to a Huntress on an open map. I got grabbed and mori'd.

Fun fact: She did not know I was in there.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Flashlight & Pallet stun changes circa January 2018.

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327

Rage quitters getting found in the closet within the first few minutes-

blushes in embarrassment

Me missing poorly timed easy af 360 attacks 💔

• Psychopathy
    Psychopathy Member Posts: 21

Dumbest thing I ever saw goes to something I saw in a game, with a friend, on comms. As we're finishing up the last gen, the killer starts to get close, my friend looping while me and the other two are on gens. One of the two disconnects, and bam. The hatch spawns right there. The one who didn't D/C had a key, and they open the hatch. I start yelling at my friend to come. Not only does he go away, he gets downed, and I die trying to save him. 1 escape.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

People who know they are vs a leatherface and still try to save someone off the hook shortly after they are hooked. 95/100 it results in both of them getting downed and being an auto loss for the team

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Ever be the first one found by the killer, get into a long chase, wonder why no gens are popping, get hooked, and finally see 2 teammates are crouched on the periphery on the map with the final not being visible because they are in a locker?

*attempts to unhook self*

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2019

Me having two people on the hook downing the 3rd surv which was a bill and I knew the last surv would go for the first surv I hooked so I leave the bill slugged and wat do I find at the hook?

A Feng doing my ruin which was right in front of the hooked Kate she wanted to Cleanse my totem and risk losing the game than Saving the Kate and maybe live longer so I down and hook the Feng and bill and apologize to the Kate cuz I know she was angry with the feng

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

One of the dumbest things I've seen is something I did the other day. Had two survivors left and all of the traps around the exits... after what was about 10 to 15 minutes of playing cat and mouse one of the buggers came into my view and instead of keeping my head and keeping them in a stalemate I chased after the one I saw. By the time I managed to get a hit on them they had suckered me on to the opposite side of the map and bang. Trap set off at the exit switch. I broke off and managed to get to the exit just in time to see them disappear and the one I stopped chasing took the hatch...

Also I've had survivors crouching creeping backwards around a corner and walk right into me.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited October 2019

Survivors that have Borrowed Time and run towards you for the hook save and then run away because the killer is coming back to the hook.

or

Killers who face camp and can’t even do it properly. Just had a match yesterday against a Billy who tired face camping hooks the entire game with his chainsaw revved up and couldn’t even face camp. All 4 survivors ended up escaping. I almost didn’t make it after the exits were powered up but I had 2 randoms body block the hook for me. 😂

Post edited by Star99er on