Steves, meh perks at best. So why tunnel them?

I am a entitled survivor main, steve is my bae. He is now p3 but as i worked my way up i got more killers who wanted steve's beautiful hair in particular, and i would like to know why, steve is tall, his peks aren't special, ik they're are toxic steves but thats all survivors so why him? i don't even go scoops on them. its taken all of mY fun out of the game and forces to play as others or run bbuilds made so, Steve can be stealthy like a ninja *wink. and i really just wanna have a chance to play normally and still get points, and yes i play killer plenty too. still have no logical reason for why plz help

Comments

• I understand 1. 2 doesn't give me the reason but that's what I get, 3 then I just happen to spawn and be too close to them. Im forced to use DS for the smallest chance. And I don't even meet many toxic steves, I just feel its unbefitting to tunnel a guy who's perks consist of useless meh and require teammates which usually want you dead as much as the killer. It can't be coincidence at this point since 1/27 or so matches have a killer not trying his/her hardest for me. The 1 is farming 90% of the time

• But its like they want me more once they see how good i am. i get 8 to 10 thousand bp on average with him because boldness is all i manage usually the others escape bc of me. meaning i die the killer deranks and we both get low bp's.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The only reason I'd ever tunnel is if I see a broken icon after an unhook. It means either a bad situation... or worse. It's either Deliverance (which is bad enough), or Second Wind, and I can't afford to let steve undo my progress on him at that point.

• ClaudettesUncle
    ClaudettesUncle Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2019

The most killer would tunnel everyone to get an easy game or kick a survivor out with an mori.

Probably killer mains like to wait hours for their lobby, if they tunnel all the new survivor and make the game unfun for them. I hope all the new steves get fast a ds. Some killer mains really need it

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Threads like this incite such a behavior in some peope.

Also... he's just asking for it with that smug, that hair, and especially that sailor uniform.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

It's the terrible voiceover screams done for him.

• Starbricks19
    Starbricks19 Member Posts: 74

Main killer is here, I do tunnel Steve but is an impulse... Cmon we all are hostages of the Entity, in a dark scary foggy place... And behind the corner you see a dude with an ice cream uniform!!! What you want us to do? Order a cone? Hehe joking

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Nah I tunnel steve's like I tunnel dweet

Because I hate how they sound and want it out of my game as fast as possible

• Ok. You think steves enjoy sounding like a crying 10 yo girl. And i do have dS AND second wind so either im healing or your getting stabbed friend . thanks for the info

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited October 2019

My opinion, my conspiracy, allegedly people who tunnel Steve's or facecamp are incredibly jealous of his good looks and rockin 80's hair.

P.S - Steve has the best cries in the game after Quentin. 🤩

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Because killers must tunnel certain survivors because they are apparently toxic for playing them and steve is one of those survivors now.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

no no and no for me I brung a mori one time for steve because he had 2 other SWF and I was like why not? I have 2 memento moris. I made sure they were all hooked once each and then I started moriing people. Steve was second for me to mori, but he put up a good chase. during the middle 2 generators got done at the same time (assuming it was his SWF) and I proceeded to mori. Found another person and mori them. I closed hatch and I saw the meg sealed a portal so I knew which door she would be at. The very popular place to hide in lerys behind the door I obviously checked first and and who do I find? a meg. I downed her and tried moving her to the middle so I could see the mori and she DCed. No salt from anybody though besides the little salt from the DC.I didn't target Steve.

• hiC
    hiC Member Posts: 217

Just leave Steve alone and come be a big brain Nancy main.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

As a survivor I hate Steve. If I'm going to get screwed by another survivor it's pretty much always a Steve.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

It's probably because a lot of the people who play Steve try to be overly toxic for no reason; and maybe killers just assume you'll be the same

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited October 2019

People think Steve is the true 'hardman' he's not and the killer might want to test you out.

If you are an entitled Steve player I feel like you would use the 'I was tunneled' part and ignore the fact that you kept losing in a chase and you wanted to deflect responsibility of your own short comings and maybe it led to this thread about wanting answers for why you were tunneled.

It sounds harsh but I'm just tapping into the mindset that many 'omg he tunneled' type threads are started by. The key is to not care about it because you'll get a new killer to play with next.

It's either you were not playing so well and he was better than you, Steve PTSD so the killer was mean to you, or the killer was equally mean to everyone just unlucky he found you first or wanted you dead more.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    edited October 2019

That's really a thing? I play Steve myself and I haven't experienced such rudeness^^ I mean sometimes I get tunneled too, but not because I am Steve. Just because the killer prefers to tunnel all survivors.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Purple and Red Rank player here and yeah, I can relate, haven't been tunneled very much other than when going against a killer that just tunnels in general.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I see a broken status on a survivor after an unhook, I have to assume either a deliverance or Second Wind. If it's just Deliverance, I'd likely ignore it as they ain't healing soon. But Second Wind denies me time - and that's something I have to counter. And if it's a Steve, it's likely Second Wind

It's just right tactical call - down them so they have to waste time getting healed. Have to deny that free heal from Second Wind.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I get tunneled as Steve in a lot of games.

I don't blame them, though - They just want to touch my fabulous Scoops shirt.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

You're getting slugged by a competent killer, or they're eating your DS and finishing you off.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited October 2019

I'm not tainting all Steve players with the same brush, but a lot of Steves are toxic in my experience. Some of these killers might just be sick to death of them.

• The argument isn't an if. They're are already multiple survivors saying theyre being tunnelled, with plenty of killers saying most ate toxic or Steve's voice is annoying. So that's proof enough, I just wanted to see if I was doing something to cause it but it appears not, I have met more rude Steve's than nice ones but I actually tend to be nicer to Steve's as a killer since I feel I understand their struggle. They see me and will drop everything, survivor, chase, gen patrol, and anything else just to kill me. So from me, I beg you to wait to see what they are like first. And P.S pplz who played Steve and weren't tunnelled props to you on that note I'm in purple ranks now, I've been in red ranks, Steve's are widely hated.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

If you dont like being chased and killed maybe try killer?

I think you are paranoid.

• Im not getting slugged. i usually put up a fight. Almost All gens are done when im dead. sometimes all gens

• Im a killer plenty. i just don't enjoy it.

• Athaeme
    Athaeme Member Posts: 19

Only clauds deserve to be tunneled

• Sometimes