The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

face camping is a huge problem on switch

face camping is the norm on switch , 90% of killers are face campers and you cant even message them after the match cause there is not chat on switch

Comments

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255

Expected from new players, i did the same when i started playing (3 years ago when swf were incredibly broken)

• OriginalSin
    OriginalSin Member Posts: 22

Don't get caught(hide better/loop better), make the killer learn by either completing gens and getting out while someone is camped or learning to group save, pip up to get to a level that they won't waste their time like that anymore. It happens on all platforms, mostly at low ranks. We have all gone through it at some point or another. It gets a lot better. Stick with it!

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

No ,but really just try your best to rank up Bc it’s less face campy the higher you go.

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195
    edited October 2019

Don't feed campers. Thank god you can't message anyone, the toxicity coming from that isn't ging to help anyone and most certainly won't convince a player to not camp.

Teach Killers through gameplay that camping just gives survivors free reign of the map.

Pressure gens and don't be too altruistic.

Sometimes someone has to be the sacrificial lamb.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

Yeah I think camping is newer players. My brother started playing (on xbox, I'm on switch, so we can't even play together) and is only a killer. I watched him and started telling him not to be a dick, because all he did was camp. Your welcome, Xbox.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Overwhelmingly going to be baby killers on Twitch. Doesn't make it less irritating. But it will get better.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Oh no you can't insult and berate the killer after playing the game how tragic how will you cope.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Maybe you should be better than what you despise. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep some counter-toxicity in your back pocket, but it shouldn't be the default stance.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

The way I learned when I first picked up the game was by Rage in Chat by players warning me about camping.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Wait.... no chat on switch? seriously?

I might just buy a switch now....

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Newer players facecamp.

Switch version is new.

🤔

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

It's not just a new system, it'll have a lot of new players that never played DBD before. When you start out and only know you're supposed to kill survivors camping hard seems like the obvious thing to do, when people improve and killers realize it doesn't win them games unless the survivors let them there will be less of it.

It's very similar on PC, low rank killers tend to camp a lot (unless they've already played a fair bit of survivor) just like low rank survivors tend to not punish it correctly (again, unless they've already played a fair bit of killer).