End Game Hatch Strategy

Options

Recently i was very successful whenever i was the last survivor against the killer and the gens where not done. So instead going for the hatch, i was going to the escape door and hide/wait until the killer closes the hatch. Once closed i immediately open the door and most of the time i escape... you have 50% chance the killer goes first to the wrong door or the hatch is far enough to make it.

what do you think?

Comments

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
  • SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Its a good strat but you could do more. I start the gate but stop just before the first light turns on (around the letter "E"). Then I wait for the killer to check the gate. Once they leave finish the gate. That should help you a lot.

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    Options

Lol

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    Options

ok will try but if the doors are too close its gonna be though

• andresitoputo
    andresitoputo Member Posts: 3
    Options

You do have a 50% chance of finding the hatch as well :)

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Not true.

Survivors move slower than the killer.

Survivors need to try and not be detected while searching for the hatch. The killer doesnt.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Everyone knows this strategy, and you arent even doing the best version of it. (SleepyWillo explains how to do it right)

As for a 50-50 chance to find the hatch before the Killer, that is 100% wrong. Killer has a huge advantage in finding the hatch. SleepyWillo again explains why.

Further, if two gens are left killer has a good chance of already having found the hatch while chasing down the third survivor.

Survivor generally only has a decent (not even good) chance of finding it first if it spawned at the edge of the map. If it spawned near the center you're basically screwed.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

With that strat it's essentially a free escape. Stick with it if the killer is not snart enough to slug the third.