Remove public ready option

Zixology
Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

I'm sure we're all sick of it. We load into a lobby after a long time of waiting and then either people in the lobby leave randomly or there's always that one player that doesn't ready up. This is a problem in EVERY game that has a "ready up" button in public lobbies.

Honestly, just get rid of it. If you're already in the public lobby, then you're ready. Simple as that. If you weren't ready to begin with, then you wouldn't be waiting all that time to get into a match in the first place.

Leave the "ready up" button in the private lobby prior to loading into a public one.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Dang, poor Lightborn & Franklin's Demise.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

This was made like this cause of SWF carrying a full team of flashlights or toolboxes, if ya'll carry different objects I'll keep my loadout, if I see a full flashlights or toolboxes SWF as I said, I'll bring Franklins Demise + RUIN + NOED. As simple as that.

Another example from the other side is that I'll pick my loadout as a solo survivor based on my team's rank, character level and objects, if I'm in a group (as I solo, I repeat) with people with less than 4 perks available or low ranks I'm gonna change to the most OP build I have to help the team.

WE NEED THAT TIME, I'm sorry you have to stand with AFK people, but not all of us take so long to ready up because of being AFK

• Sadiii
    Sadiii Member Posts: 38

In addition to removing the ready up button, I'd like to lower the wait timer from a minute down to say, 15 seconds? Meaning to say, as soon as the all survivors are in the lobby, queue a 15 second wait before the match begins by itself. This should be ample time to switch up perks/addons/offerings after seeing the whole line up.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited October 2019

Sorry but no. I should not be forced to play a game where my bar is red for the entire duration of the lobby because I'm forced to ready up, or really in the example you're providing, not even have time to see if my bar is red or not.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2019

Same. I change a lot of stuff around as solo once I see who I’m teamed with. If I see a bunch of items I take mine off, mixed with lower ranks I put on bt instead of unbreakable. Too many of the same character or dressed alike I change myself around. It really just depends. Sometimes I’m grabbing a beverage between lobbies. Not to mention the separation bug when you end up in a lobby without your friends Bc someone didn’t connect through.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Not like those matter if a survivor waits till 6s remaining and change character with their loadout

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

No. I want to change my build according to my team mates (I sometimes check steam profile or just simply guess by the skins they use). Also it would just nerf solos even more because they can't communicate at all anymore. Nope sorry, just wait the 60 seconds.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

True, but it can still have the other situation, there's not only last-second switchers.

This'll remove the opportunity completely.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Yeah if anything I'd just want a cut in half lobby timer, 30s is more than enough time to do 6ish clicks based on survivors and wait for pings to show up and so on.