We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why do survivors not lose their items, addons, And the killer does lose his addons?

2»

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

I do not eat it, but you still try to put that ######### into my mouth.

That had to be one the most epic belly flops of a response yet seen on this forum.

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

The killers will sometimes keep addons depending on how well they did so fi you say get brutal killer you oftentimes come out with 1 or both addons still.

you're so full of it

When the facts don't agree with you insult, your same response every time someone disagrees with you or makes a statement you don't like.

Oh, another one "insults you", when pointing out your lies?

Can you stop assuming @powerbats lied? He talked about his experience. He might be mistaken, might be a bug or something else, but you have no right to call someone a liar when has already explained what could happen.

"My-m-massssster, did I showed him? Diiiiid Iiiiiiiii?"

Why are you following your master in every thread, defending his beauty in every post? Does he pays you in cookies, or what?

It's not @powerbats who gets my attention, it's your nonsense and childish replies.

Mmm, stop circlejerking and voting up your posts, I might get horny and join you, sugars.

FYI you can't up vote your posts here... 

FYI you can upvote a post of your friend.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    RSB said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

That had to be one the most epic belly flops of a response yet seen on this forum.

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

The killers will sometimes keep addons depending on how well they did so fi you say get brutal killer you oftentimes come out with 1 or both addons still.

you're so full of it

When the facts don't agree with you insult, your same response every time someone disagrees with you or makes a statement you don't like.

Can you stop assuming @powerbats lied? He talked about his experience. He might be mistaken, might be a bug or something else, but you have no right to call someone a liar when has already explained what could happen.

Why are you following your master in every thread, defending his beauty in every post? Does he pays you in cookies, or what?

It's not @powerbats who gets my attention, it's your nonsense and childish replies.

Mmm, stop circlejerking and voting up your posts, I might get horny and join you, sugars.

That isn't what you stated. So yeah change it to make it fit your narrative cause you got called out for your dumb remark. 🙄
  • RSB

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    RSB said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

you're so full of it

That isn't what you stated. So yeah change it to make it fit your narrative cause you got called out for your dumb remark. 🙄

Circlejerk - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle jerk

Now I give you 5 minutes to think about it, and how dumb you look right now.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@yeet said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Lol  everyone is just going after bats' throat it's absolutely hilarious.

because he got caught in a lie and refuses to concede like a fool and he's just digging the hole deeper

Because you made it sound like a lie because you got destroyed when i explained it was based upon my experiences which turned out to be a bug. Then when your continued attempts at insulting me failed you resorted to more and got got destroyed.

So now you're resorting to more of the same and you'll still get the same result, failed insults and getting destroyed.

@Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:
    I just like the fact that everyone discusses this guy, but not my idea,

That's cuz they guy is crazy :D and people are drawn to craziness.

ps: that same guy tells that SC is fine and NOED is crutch. Pretty fascinating read, if you ask me :dizzy:

Wait wasn't it you that said that Ruin was fine and so was NOED earlier and I along with @SovererignKing called you out on it. You also said SC had no counters yet several of us called you out on it, you then claimed that survivors have no counters and use cheat perks.

All because you can't handle the fact that gasp killers and survivors each have perks and items addons that can counter each other. After you got rebutted by quite a few posters you resorted to the same I claim it's true so it must be true argument.

Now you're doing the same thing as the other few on here, when you can't refute attempt to insult like crazy. But like them it fails spectacularly, sure it storkes your epeens but doesn't help you one bit. In fact it makes you look weak and foolish, but go ahead it amuses me.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2018
    RSB said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    RSB said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

you're so full of it

You claimed THEY were up voting their own posts. It is not possible to up vote your own post in this forum.
    Again, you failed. You're the only one who looks dumb. You just come in on a post and falsely accuse someone of something. You get called out on it and resort to name calling. I never insulted you. I STATED A FACT: you cannot up vote your own posts.
    If you weren't so quick to start an argument you'd see that all I said was: "FYI you can't up vote your own posts" and you turn around and begin insulting me.
    So if facts make you think I'm dumb, clearly you need to look up the definition. While you're at it look up the word instigator. You seem to post a lot of hateful snide or inflametory replies... I think you need reevaluate the way you treat people in this forum. You're a bully. 

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

Can we PLEASE get a mod in here to lock the thread?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

One guy makes a false statement.
    You're such a ######### liar.
    Proceeds to make a false statement.
    You're stupid if you can't understand what I mean. Also ######### you.

And that's why I don't take the DBD community seriously...

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Lol  everyone is just going after bats' throat it's absolutely hilarious.

because he got caught in a lie and refuses to concede like a fool and he's just digging the hole deeper

Because you made it sound like a lie because you got destroyed when i explained it was based upon my experiences which turned out to be a bug. Then when your continued attempts at insulting me failed you resorted to more and got got destroyed.

So now you're resorting to more of the same and you'll still get the same result, failed insults and getting destroyed.

@Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:

ps: that same guy tells that SC is fine and NOED is crutch. Pretty fascinating read, if you ask me :dizzy:

Wait wasn't it you that said that Ruin was fine and so was NOED earlier and I along with @SovererignKing called you out on it. You also said SC had no counters yet several of us called you out on it, you then claimed that survivors have no counters and use cheat perks.

All because you can't handle the fact that gasp killers and survivors each have perks and items addons that can counter each other. After you got rebutted by quite a few posters you resorted to the same I claim it's true so it must be true argument.

Now you're doing the same thing as the other few on here, when you can't refute attempt to insult like crazy. But like them it fails spectacularly, sure it storkes your epeens but doesn't help you one bit. In fact it makes you look weak and foolish, but go ahead it amuses me.

liar liar pants on fire, take the L buddy

• powerbats

@RagingCalm said:
    Can we PLEASE get a mod in here to lock the thread?

^^^^^

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Orion said:

If you didn't intend to claim it was a mechanic, then maybe you shouldn't have replied to someone talking about game mechanics that allow Survivors to keep their add-ons.

The op never claimed it was game mechanics either though, they asked a question I gave an answer based upon my experience. Had I said this was a game mechanic or said it's probably a game mechanic that'd be different.

When you are wrong, ran out of arguments but still keep going.
    When you're petty and looking for attention and comment nonsense. 
    Not sure if you are getting the irony of your own post.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@powerbats said:

1) don't make up lies :D
    2) people can read just fine the thread itself
    3) I can't refute here anything if I'm not even arguing?
    4) "rebuted by a few posters" = you and the guy you called :D lol

• powerbats

@Sarief said:

@powerbats said:

1,You mean don't state things based upon your own experiences because when you do someone will try and use it to insult you.

2.Yes they can and most see the same thing, 1 person resorting to insult to anyone that disagrees with them.

1. You can't because have no counter argument and thus resort to insults.

2. I didn't call anyone in but you obviously did and you like a few other posters seem to want to follow me around just to try and insult me. Did I rebut any of your posts that badly that you'd resort to such trolly behavior?

• Sarief

@powerbats said:

@Sarief said:

@powerbats said:

1,You mean don't state things based upon your own experiences because when you do someone will try and use it to insult you.

2.Yes they can and most see the same thing, 1 person resorting to insult to anyone that disagrees with them.

1. You can't because have no counter argument and thus resort to insults.

2. I didn't call anyone in but you obviously did and you like a few other posters seem to want to follow me around just to try and insult me. Did I rebut any of your posts that badly that you'd resort to such trolly behavior?

1) no, I mean don't make up lies. Like right now, I didn't say whatever you tried to put in my mouth.
    3) I believe you think "crazy" is insult. well, it's not and not meant to be. glhf
    4) first you call @SovererignKing to help you and then you didn't call anyone? and leave this discussion for the topic it's in.
    No, you didn't do anything. I did NOT insult you. I don't troll you specifically. Get a grip. I also do not follow you, you just happened to be in the thread I read in the forum I read. What are the odds? :D

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2018

Going back on topic to the actual poster. I think that it's mostly so certain add-ons can't be abused for the killer. Mostly super and ultra rare items in multiple games. But also I think there is no real counter to them. Killers have Franklin's Demise to get rid of survivors entire item + add-ons. Well as long as they don't have a chance to go back for them, they've also at times seemingly disappeared from existence when going back for it. Also it may just be me but I think most of the killers add-ons have a much higher effect than a survivor add-on in most cases.

• RSB

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    RSB said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

RSB said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

RSB said:

@powerbats said: @RSB said: I do not eat it, but you still try to put that ######### into my mouth.

@Vietfox said: @RSB said: @Vietfox said: @RSB said: @powerbats said: @yeet said: @powerbats said: The killers will sometimes keep addons depending on how well they did so fi you say get brutal killer you oftentimes come out with 1 or both addons still. you're so full of it When the facts don't agree with you insult, your same response every time someone disagrees with you or makes a statement you don't like. Oh, another one "insults you", when pointing out your lies? Can you stop assuming @powerbats lied? He talked about his experience. He might be mistaken, might be a bug or something else, but you have no right to call someone a liar when has already explained what could happen. "My-m-massssster, did I showed him? Diiiiid Iiiiiiiii?" Why are you following your master in every thread, defending his beauty in every post? Does he pays you in cookies, or what? It's not @powerbats who gets my attention, it's your nonsense and childish replies. Mmm, stop circlejerking and voting up your posts, I might get horny and join you, sugars.

You claimed THEY were up voting their own posts. It is not possible to up vote your own post in this forum.
    Again, you failed. You're the only one who looks dumb. You just come in on a post and falsely accuse someone of something. You get called out on it and resort to name calling. I never insulted you. I STATED A FACT: you cannot up vote your own posts.
    If you weren't so quick to start an argument you'd see that all I said was: "FYI you can't up vote your own posts" and you turn around and begin insulting me.
    So if facts make you think I'm dumb, clearly you need to look up the definition. While you're at it look up the word instigator. You seem to post a lot of hateful snide or inflametory replies... I think you need reevaluate the way you treat people in this forum. You're a bully. 

You know what was I talking about, but you still play stupid and trying to reverse my words. If I'm a bully, then you are a nerd, who is beaten at the school and just tries to boost his ego at this forum, by trolling. Go away, shoo kid.

• powerbats
    edited August 2018

@Sarief said:

1) no, I mean don't make up lies. Like right now, I didn't say whatever you tried to put in my mouth.
    3) I believe you think "crazy" is insult. well, it's not and not meant to be. glhf
    4) first you call @SovererignKing to help you and then you didn't call anyone? and leave this discussion for the topic it's in.
    No, you didn't do anything. I did NOT insult you. I don't troll you specifically. Get a grip. I also do not follow you, you just happened to be in the thread I read in the forum I read. What are the odds? :D

1, Also I didn't lie and you and the rest know it since I based what I said upon my experiences with the issue being discussed. You and the others that wanted to try and use that as an insult failed badly. The other posters in the thread that agreed with me got attacked because gasp they dared agree with me.

Allso why are you posting the mouth part in response to me unless you're posting on 2 different accounts because only 1 poster has accused me of that and it wasn't you. So are you RSB account also?

2 No I'm referring to all the times you throw out an insult or attempted veiled insult.

1. I asked him to come in since he's a killer main and you kept claiming one thing like the following. Then when confronted by it you denied ever saying it.

@Sarief said:

> 7) Noed, ruin = are balanced. Ruin should be buffed, tbh. Had problem with it only once, because killer was laggy af.

Well you just happen to post in a thread you'd never posted until you saw I posted in it, then you start the usual insult attempts.

But like I've told the others it doesn't bother me an in actuality amuses me to no end. But enough of the barbs, if you want to have actual discussions without insults, attempted insults, or anything else we both throw at each other I'm game.

• powerbats

@RSB said:

You know what was I talking about, but you still play stupid and trying to reverse my words. If I'm a bully, then you are a nerd, who is beaten at the school and just tries to boost his ego at this forum, by trolling. Go away, shoo kid.

Like I said you just can't post without trying to insult and claim something that isn't true. Your words speak for themselves and we don't have to reverse them. The school insults say all we need to know about who the ego one is. Also I graduated high school long before you were even born.

• RSB

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

Like I said you just can't post without trying to insult and claim something that isn't true. Your words speak for themselves and we don't have to reverse them. The school insults say all we need to know about who the ego one is. Also I graduated high school long before you were even born.

Oh, give me a break, snowflake. Every word insults you in some way. You are the perfect example of why children should not be raised in a "my little, precious special boy" way, because you are extremly protective about yourself, and have ego higher than your intelligence. If stupidity could fly, you would be hitting the ceiling with your head.

• Sarief

@BloodyNights said:
    Going back on topic to the actual poster. I think that it's mostly so certain add-ons can't be abused for the killer. Mostly super and ultra rare items in multiple games. But also I think there is no real counter to them. Killers have Franklin's Demise to get rid of survivors entire item + add-ons. Well as long as they don't have a chance to go back for them, they've also at times seemingly disappeared from existence when going back for it. Also it may just be me but I think most of the killers add-ons have a much higher effect than a survivor add-on in most cases.

^ mostly this

Killer addons have much more Impact, the higher in quality they are.
    While survivors have high impact with such items, it's only high because the matches are short. It's issue of game balance not the items itself.
    And whatever Items they bring, it does not make it easier to survive the trial specifically for them. It makes it easier to finish the objectives or help other survivors, but in the end if exit gates are not opened, only 1 can survive. With odds like this, what would you feel if you bring purple toolbox only to be first to be found and facecamped?
    For killers, on the other hand, the objective and thing addons affect is the same. So better addons = more chances to actually kill all 4.

I know that logic is kinda twisted there but it still holds.

ps: I would still prefer to have a way to farm those addons, for example by doing ritual in-match to keep addons or get new ones.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    On topic though.

The reason Killers don’t keep their add ons is because there are Killers who play only one Killer. If they didn’t lose their add ons, most wouldn’t even need BP to spend on more add ons. You would end up banking BP till the cap, and have no reason to spend them. It’s nothing more than the developers trying to keep BP relevant to these players. They could possibly get bored of playing their selected Killer, and decide there’s no point in playing if they can’t earn any more BP. 

In short : Player retention mechanic. 

Survivors, the reason they keep them is bothing more than a reward for survival. Game was supposed be “hard to survive” but we know how that went... so thus we have Survivors with MASSIVE stockpiles of items and add ons. 

Just another drop in the bucket show casing that the balance is kind of screwed up, and Survivors are escaping more than they should. 
  • powerbats

@RSB said:

Oh, give me a break, snowflake. Every word insults you in some way. You are the perfect example of why children should not be raised in a "my little, precious special boy" way, because you are extremly protective about yourself, and have ego higher than your intelligence. If stupidity could fly, you would be hitting the ceiling with your head.

You just proved my point yet again, I merely pointed out how you like to insult at pretty much every opportunity and the 1st sentence you do it again. You've also conveniently ignored where I clearly said your insults don't bother me and in fact amuse me.

• powerbats

@Sarief said:

@BloodyNights said:

^ mostly this

Killer addons have much more Impact, the higher in quality they are.
    While survivors have high impact with such items, it's only high because the matches are short. It's issue of game balance not the items itself.
    And whatever Items they bring, it does not make it easier to survive the trial specifically for them. It makes it easier to finish the objectives or help other survivors, but in the end if exit gates are not opened, only 1 can survive. With odds like this, what would you feel if you bring purple toolbox only to be first to be found and facecamped?
    For killers, on the other hand, the objective and thing addons affect is the same. So better addons = more chances to actually kill all 4.

I know that logic is kinda twisted there but it still holds.

ps: I would still prefer to have a way to farm those addons, for example by doing ritual in-match to keep addons or get new ones.

While I feel killer addons are more powerful perhaps if aside from Ultra rares and even some rares they'd be able to keep more. So if for chance they hook x survivors at least 1x time but 3 make it out and 1 gets sac'd. (yes would induce camping but as an example, not how'd it actually work) So if they had say a rare addon but not a higher tier rare they'd get to keep it.

That or perhaps be given a lower quality tier of same item since some addons are more prized than others in the same tier. For example Huntress Bandolier for the 2 extra hatchets. I've used that without Iridescents for 7 hatchet surprise builds.

For Amanda there's her 1 extra Reverse Bear Trap addon and for Trapper it's the extra traps bag. That might be a little wonky to figure out but that's an example. The ritual in match is a nice idea and it could even be a random thing they have to do. You could make it so you have to chase the obsession but never hit them. It could be hook 1 survivor on 2 different hooks.

The killers need something besides just the few things they have to do and same for survivors to make it more interesting. If you give killers something optional that they'd still be able to do in normal gameplay that'd be a nice thing to add.

• powerbats

@SovererignKing said:
    On topic though.

The reason Killers don’t keep their add ons is because there are Killers who play only one Killer. If they didn’t lose their add ons, most wouldn’t even need BP to spend on more add ons. You would end up banking BP till the cap, and have no reason to spend them. It’s nothing more than the developers trying to keep BP relevant to these players. They could possibly get bored of playing their selected Killer, and decide there’s no point in playing if they can’t earn any more BP. 

Survivors, the reason they keep them is bothing more than a reward for survival. Game was supposed be “hard to survive” but we know how that went... so thus we have Survivors with MASSIVE stockpiles of items and add ons. 

Just another drop in the bucket show casing that the balance is kind of screwed up, and Survivors are escaping more than they should. 

What would you suggest though since on survivor side I hate flashlights and their addons, they don't fit my playstyle and I never seem to use them right anyways. Perhaps may'be give killers the option to convert trash addons into a random of the same tier or multiples of trash addons they don't like into 1 tier better random item. But Ultra rares would be off limits still.

• RSB

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

You just proved my point yet again, I merely pointed out how you like to insult at pretty much every opportunity and the 1st sentence you do it again. You've also conveniently ignored where I clearly said your insults don't bother me and in fact amuse me.

As if your words hurt me, buddy. You just try to look more intelligent, than you actually are, and by sitting on this forum 24/7 you won't find friends.

No, that was not an insult, snowboy.

• Vadim239
    Vadim239 Member Posts: 217

I got it people!!! I need to come up with some of the most controvertial statements and stick to it to make the discussion flamingly hot, popular and discussed aggresively

• SovererignKing
    powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:
    On topic though.

What would you suggest though since on survivor side I hate flashlights and their addons, they don't fit my playstyle and I never seem to use them right anyways. Perhaps may'be give killers the option to convert trash addons into a random of the same tier or multiples of trash addons they don't like into 1 tier better random item. But Ultra rares would be off limits still.

For both sides, just a refund option. Trash the items you don’t want for BP. 1k for common, 2k for uncommon, 3k for rare, 4K for very rare, ultra rare 5k. Don’t want to eliminate the need for BP from matches, but it would help the grind a bit. There are so many good new perks to grind for, items and add ons you want over those you don’t want. 

The swap idea isn’t too horrible, but it would impact the need to for BP from matches too heavily. Not to mention you would hardly ever see any Killer or Survivors running anything but the best of the best. Still need to have that RNG of the bloodweb have some effect. In my opinion anyway.
  • Sarief

@Vadim239 said:
    I got it people!!! I need to come up with some of the most controvertial statements and stick to it to make the discussion flamingly hot, popular and discussed aggresively

I'll give you few:
    facecamping is strategy
    Doctor is high tier
    huntress is middle tier
    Ruin is OP
    SelfCare is balanced
    NOED is OK <- but I use this one

• powerbats

@Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:

I'll give you few:
    facecamping is strategy
    Doctor is high tier
    huntress is middle tier
    Ruin is OP
    SelfCare is balanced

You forgot looping is fun for the killer
    The maps are all perfectly balanced including Barn.
    Leatherface is god tier and only baddies use Insidious on him
    Flashlights are to help the killer see in the dark better.
    Decisive Strike needs a buff not a nerf.

• SovererignKing
    Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:

I'll give you few:
    facecamping is strategy
    Doctor is high tier
    huntress is middle tier
    Ruin is OP
    SelfCare is balanced

I actually agree with the Huntress thing though. 
  • powerbats

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

As if your words hurt me, buddy. You just try to look more intelligent, than you actually are, and by sitting on this forum 24/7 you won't find friends.

You once again prove my points and no one sits on this forum 24/7 because that's impossible both physically and practically. I've also made friends on the forum, we don't always agree with each other but we're till friends.

But go ahead and keep up with the usual, it doesn't bother me in the least.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

You once again prove my points and no one sits on this forum 24/7 because that's impossible both physically and practically. I've also made friends on the forum, we don't always agree with each other but we're till friends.

Dude just ignore him/her. Don't feed the insulter please.

• powerbats

@SovererignKing said:

For both sides, just a refund option. Trash the items you don’t want for BP. 1k for common, 2k for uncommon, 3k for rare, 4K for very rare, ultra rare 5k. Don’t want to eliminate the need for BP from matches, but it would help the grind a bit. There are so many good new perks to grind for, items and add ons you want over those you don’t want. 

The swap idea isn’t too horrible, but it would impact the need to for BP from matches too heavily. Not to mention you would hardly ever see any Killer or Survivors running anything but the best of the best. Still need to have that RNG of the bloodweb have some effect. In my opinion anyway.

I've always thought that being able to refund items but not for so much bp would be nice snce say you're Trapper/Hag you want thickened mist offerings. For some survivors you want more medkits etc instead of so many Flashlight parts and addons.

My thought was a 10% refund so if you spend 3k you get 300 bp back, 4k 400 etc. That keeps bp from being too easy to gain while also allowing people to trash the addons they don't want. I've got 1 survivor with nothing but flashlights yellow and above but know that if i bring them the killer is just gonna tunnel me.

It won't matter if I drop it on the ground, they still goa fte em because hey it's a flashlight lol.

• Sarief
    edited August 2018

@SovererignKing said:
    I actually agree with the Huntress thing though. 

well

most controvertial statements

this means they're correct to some degree but the whole point is not complete to be right.

• powerbats

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

I know feeding trolls is a bad thing to do, but it's almost like the Shape perk, Play With Your Food. You can't resist toying with them sometimes.

• RSB

@powerbats said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

I know feeding trolls is a bad thing to do, but it's almost like the Shape perk, Play With Your Food. You can't resist toying with them sometimes.

Said the guy, who seeks insults in everyone's posts.

• pauloandrade22

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

Said the guy, who seeks insults in everyone's posts.

The best way to stop an insult is to be superior and NOT INSULT BACK.

• SovererignKing
    powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

I've always thought that being able to refund items but not for so much bp would be nice snce say you're Trapper/Hag you want thickened mist offerings. For some survivors you want more medkits etc instead of so many Flashlight parts and addons.

My thought was a 10% refund so if you spend 3k you get 300 bp back, 4k 400 etc. That keeps bp from being too easy to gain while also allowing people to trash the addons they don't want. I've got 1 survivor with nothing but flashlights yellow and above but know that if i bring them the killer is just gonna tunnel me.

It won't matter if I drop it on the ground, they still goa fte em because hey it's a flashlight lol.

More than 10% would be alright. That’s a bit low to me. But to each their own.

As for the flashlight thing, that’s just “eliminating a bigger threat”. Most of the time, I’ll chase someone with a flashlight for a hot second to see how well they preform in a chase. If they are awful, then no big deal. Get them once then don’t worry about it.

You can assess how good a Survivor is by chasing them. If they are Pro-Looper 3000, then they are a high threat with that flashlight because you can bet your bottom dollar they play a LOT of Survivor. They’ll most likely know the timing for the pick up animation blind to drop. 

If they hit the floor quickly, then you don’t have to worry too much about them hitting that flashlight save. 

Its all about threat assessment. Granted there are Killers who see flashlight, and loose their damn minds thinking everyone is a pro with the thing. However I’m more judicious, and assess who’s the biggest threat first. Then assess if it’s better to pick off weak links first, or take out the top Survivor first, and prep for late game domino of the weaker links. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vietfox said:
    Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:

ps: that same guy tells that SC is fine and NOED is crutch. Pretty fascinating read, if you ask me :D

SC is fine, so is NOED.

If a perk is used in 99% of all loadouts, then there is something wrong and the devs need to take action.
    NOED Is nowhere near that, in fact more killers dont use it because it can be completely negated.

BBQ and ruin are the only killer perk that are used too frequently. However, BBQ was first introduced to get more players into playing killer again, so nerfing it would cause the same issues again.
    Well and ruin......

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BloodyNights said:

Survivors always have the chance to get their items back unless you camp the item.....
    And I dare to say that 4 excellent toolboxes have a larger impact on the game than an ultra rare addon. Or 4 flashlights e.g.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:
    Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:

ps: that same guy tells that SC is fine and NOED is crutch. Pretty fascinating read, if you ask me :D

SC is fine, so is NOED.

If a perk is used in 99% of all loadouts, then there is something wrong and the devs need to take action.
    NOED Is nowhere near that, in fact more killers dont use it because it can be completely negated.

BBQ and ruin are the only killer perk that are used too frequently. However, BBQ was first introduced to get more players into playing killer again, so nerfing it would cause the same issues again.
    Well and ruin......

In all games there's always a perk/skill which is used by everyone. And no, it's not the 99%. Many players rather bring a medkit and use that 4th slot for something else, which is logical if you are good enough to only need it around 3 times.
  • Sarief
    edited August 2018

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:
    In all games there's always a perk/skill which is used by everyone. And no, it's not the 99%. Many players rather bring a medkit and use that 4th slot for something else, which is logical if you are good enough to only need it around 3 times.

That would be true if it wasn't false.
    I've seen players use both: medkit and SC, since SC increases medkit efficiency.

I won't argue on "many players". Maybe. I dunno the stats for that one. From personal experience: I see many claudette with both medkit and self-care and use it in such combination when I play Claudette.

And no, unless it's broken, it's not "always" used. In dota2 you see different compositions and items. Because they're balanced and used in different situations. In Starcraft you don't see everyone only play Protos.
    You normally see "meta" but meta is dependant and CAN be countered. So they're used more often but NOT always.
    But you see the combinations are used always if they're broken. PharMercy in overwatch, AWP in cs:go, Pirates in Hearthstone, etc.
    You see it because it's imbalanced and so high off the power curve, that it MUST be fixed. Otherwise it will stay at top charts.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Sarief said:

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

That would be true if it wasn't false.
    I've seen players use both: medkit and SC, since SC increases medkit efficiency.

I won't argue on "many players". Maybe. I dunno the stats for that one. From personal experience: I see many claudette with both medkit and self-care and use it in such combination when I play Claudette.

And no, unless it's broken, it's not "always" used. In dota2 you see different compositions and items. Because they're balanced and used in different situations. In Starcraft you don't see everyone only play Protos.
    You normally see "meta" but meta is dependant and CAN be countered. So they're used more often but NOT always.
    But you see the combinations are used always if they're broken. PharMercy in overwatch, AWP in cs:go, Pirates in Hearthstone, etc.
    You see it because it's imbalanced and so high off the power curve, that it MUST be fixed. Otherwise it will stay at top charts.

In ESO every stamina build runs Vigor and/or Momentum basically because they are the only stamina heals they got.
  • pauloandrade22

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

Sarief said:

@Vadim239 said:

SC is fine, so is NOED.

Well and ruin......

Like 90% of the games i played all 4 survivors (on both sides) had self care.

• aetherguard
    aetherguard Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2019

@Vadim239

Did your OP ever get answered?

My head hurts trying to follow the tidbits of information that were being trickled throughout the Cock-fight that ensues and decided to just ask. If I read another measuring content related comment trying to find the answer, I am going to vomit.

Sorry for the visual, but I am frustrated about now.

Did you ever get a real answer to your question? Or, is it still up in the air? I really want to know as well how it actually works.

EDIT:

I continued to look for more information on this subject and found the following info after making this post.

Add-ons

For Killers, Add-ons are single-use only and lost after a Trial.

• This can only be prevented by burning the Black Ward 
    •  Offering.

For Survivors, whether or not they lose their Add-ons after a Trial depends on the situation.

• Add-ons are lost upon using up all charges of an Item.
    • Add-ons are lost upon disconnecting from the Trial.
    • Add-ons are lost upon dying in a Trial, unless the White Ward 
    •  Offering was burnt.
    • Add-ons are kept if one escapes with the Item that they are equipped on.

Stacking

Add-ons which affect the same part of a Power will generally stack with one another (both positive and negative effects).

• Older Add-ons used to mention if they would stack. Newer Add-ons of more recent Killers do not mention this anymore unless they specifically do not stack.

This both answers our initial question as well as my other question about stacking. According to BHVR themselves, Killer add-ons are single-use only and Survivors keep only if they escape the trial with that add-on in their possession. Also, the missing stack comment on newer add-ons is normal and both Killer and Survivor should take note that is says "Does not stack" or not. Add-ons stack if they do not have this statement.