The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Douche survivors

It really winds me up when survivors stand near the exit or near the hatch and wait for you to get there before they leave

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I find this only happens with sweaty killers that tunnel and camp. if the killer played fairly most just leave...

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited October 2019

try to think it this way: if you wait as a survivor that tiny bit you get some stealth + chase points, which help emblem wise.

You can capitalise on that by hitting them (they will actually lose points, while you'll gain some, jokes on them!), or, if you don't want to see them tbagging + avoid any possible chase point gain, just come at them facing backward. Either they have to leave or you'll get a free hit without them getting any chase point.

PLUS! If a survivor is downed (not necessarily hooked, just downed) he can't get iridescent points on survival, only gold at best. If you down them while they are leaving, it's still a down.

...it can help you feel a bit better :)

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

I stick around to make sure everyone is going to make it out as well as offer the Killer and myself some more BPs. In terms of pipping and scores... who actually cares?

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

The lie detector test determined THAT was a lie. Survivors do it regardless of how the killer played in game. If you make it to the exits, just leave. Stop holding the game hostage for extra points and grandstanding and move on.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Did that once against Billy. He came full steam out of nowhere with chainsaw buzzing and downed me. Not a good feeling. Needless to say I didn't get out. Haven't done it since regardless of killer. I only hang around if others need help getting out.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Some do it for ignoble reasons. Others like myself wait to make sure others are safe.

• siyke26
    siyke26 Member Posts: 81

Most survivors I play with only wait to ensure everyone is getting out not to be trash

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

They're waiting up for the 5th and 6th survivor.... Duh.... /s

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I feel ya. Then they'll teabag when you get near, only to gg in post game chat as if they weren't trying to be toxic.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

don't see how waiting to possibly body block is toxic?

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

You know Endgame Collapse is a thing, right? It's not holding the game hostage when there's a clock ticking down the end of the match.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

It still boggles my mind how some crybaby killers can't figure out the ridiculously easy method to get survivors to leave the match that are waiting at the gate. All it takes is the smallest amount of intelligence to figure this out, but apparently that's too much to ask of certain players.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438

To get more points because when a killer looks at u, u get chased point. So both u and the surivior benefit from it which is why I don't see the problem. Obviously the suru benefits slightly more because they get escape points once they leave. It is counted as the surivior successfully escaping your chase, earning them more points.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Errmehgerd, me such toxic survivor main!

Either that or you have your head shoved so far up your backside that you haven't realized you can just smack people to get them to leave the match. It's one of the easiest things in the game to accomplish. And this is gonna blow your closed mind if you can open it for a second, you actually get bloodpoints for doing it.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited October 2019

Saying this is holding the game hostage while multiple killers say that standing over a downed survivor waiting for the entity to take them during EGC is not is pretty silly. But I only do it if a killer is camping or tunneling or brings an ebony. Or if it's GhostFace.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

Had a game today where a flashlight-wielding survivor's insistence that I give them attention in the gate allowed me to complete the "sacrifice one survivor during the EGC" challenge. That made me soooo happy.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
    edited October 2019

Lol. Somebody has their panties in a bunch.

The point isn't the bp, the point is that they're taunting the killer by doing it. Instead of being big kids and, you know, leaving when it's clear, they hang around as a middle finger to the killer. Why does the killer need to hold their hand out the exit gate?

• OriginalSin
    OriginalSin Member Posts: 22

Personally I only stay for heals, saves, body blocks or giving the killer the last little bit of points if they are being cool. Why waste my time? No I dont BM, use flashlights, or show any disrepect for the person sitting behind a different monitor. So just out of curiosity, if the killer slows down the game for the entire match except for EGC it's cool, but if survivors do it during EGC it's not? Be the better person. Walk away from the gate, kick pallets, set traps, whatever for extra points.

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236

The Best thing Survivors can do after youve healed or body blocked or what ever excuse you have for staying is LEAVE. We dont want chump change BP... We would rather be able to start the next game. Than wait the full EGC timer out. Please just leave. It takes long enough to find a lobby as killer sometimes so dont subject us to further meaningless waiting. We sit through an entire match from start to finish.

At least a a survivor a match ends the moment you either get sacrificed, escape via hatch, open closed or spawned hatch with key, escape via exit gates.

A killer has to wait till every survivor does one of the above mentioned. To be able to even consider Que for another game.

And for anyone who wasnt around before EGC was a thing. We veterans do remember. So please even if its just a minute or two saved, dont remind us of the old days of hostage games.. Because thats what you do as a survivor when you wait till last seconds of EGC. Wether good or bad intentions its the same feeling.

• Atrushan88
    edited October 2019

It honestly sounds like you don't even want to play the game, considering the way you talk is you only want it to end. I'd imagine waiting forever for a match would make you want to play it, not wait for the next one.

As for pre-EGC, it's not like survivors were being toxic by having hatch standoffs. They were in a hostage situation just like you were. Blaming survivors for not leaving through the hatch when killers were there literally to prevent them from doing that is silly.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019

I mean, killers will sit there and stand over your body until the EGC ends, and this was a thing long before there were challenges that forced you to do it. It's the SAME EXACT THING, if not WORSE because the survivor can't force the killer to hook them, while the killer CAN run people out of the exit gates.

Funnily enough when some killers try to be toxic while I'm near the exit gates on the ground knowing I'm not getting out, I crawl toward it constantly, they'll pick me up(or may not have to), put me away, and let me crawl again, until the EGC is almost over, and then, the idiots will pick me up as a final "Nope", and guess what? Now the game is bugged and won't end until one of us DCs, and of course it isn't me that DCs. That's my kind of payback. They just sit their trying to attack me, and my body moves up and down as they attack, and they can't do anything to me. I love when that happens honestly, and crawling toward the exit gates, no matter how far away I am, will always cause the dicks to do it at the last second.

• Slayer192845
    Slayer192845 Member Posts: 93

I do this as survivor for more game time which = more XP

Plus the killer gets a free hit

I don't t-bag though

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

Its not every match of course, but those matches where it happens just particularly sting.

Hypothetical situation, long match, trapper was having it rough, yadda yadda, he finally matches to get a survivor onto his third hook, and right after hears the "bong" of the EGC. He sees through BBq that all 3 survivors are there and its pretty much halfway across the map, theyre all healed and so theres no chance he'll get anyone.

Yeah he can easily just walk on over and give them a swift smack on the arse to move them along, but why couldnt the survivors just well, move along as well. Its evident on both sides that the 3 survivors can escape easy, why prolong it.

And the argument of "oh to give the killer more bloodpoints" is kinda eh at best, thanks, you made me spend 30 seconds trekking over for 200 on a hit.... and suffer the great shame of being tbagged

Of course i aint saying waiting is irredeemable, everyone not there? Okay its fine to wait, or heal eachother for points thats fine too, but those who just hover around, or worse jump windows/pallets/lockers near the gate to spam the noise are no better than killers who use the EGC to kill a slugged survivor for "fun"

Everyone should be able to lose with dignity, as well as win with grace

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Camping and tunneling garbage killers always need to get teabagged imo, especially when they do it against solo or casual survs.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I get this on EVERY match as Killer. Regardless of how many players are left, they all do it, or flash their torches at me, t-bag, taunt, the usual. When I play as Ghostface I kinda just join in (Thank you BHVR for a T-bagging Killer!) and have fun with it. Just show it doesn't bother you. Most times when I Ghostface with them, I get a nice message rather than the usual toxic messages. But overall Survivors should just be graceful with their wins. We get it, you kicked our arses all over and beat us, but don't go that step futher just to rub the salt in. When I play Survivor, the only time I stay near the Exit is when a survivor is still outside on the map. It's more down to how I am personallity-wise. I can't leave knowing there could be a chance to help them if they were to be hooked, but if the killer comes toward the exit, I'm out.

• EAisHonest
    EAisHonest Member Posts: 29

its not holding the game hostage. Not gonna leave till the last second. Ill move on when i feel like it. killers waste time as well instead of hooking the last person some wait for the EGC timer to end.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

I was playing before EGC. It's still holding the game hostage when you wait until the last second. A lot of times, the remaining survivors will congregate at the exits well after the game has been decided for points you can easily get in the next game. Some people say that it benefits both sides and there are some cases where those little bit of points are the difference between a safety pip and de-pipping. But the temptation to teabag and send taunts after the game is too great for a lot of survivors. Unless you know for a fact that your whole squad won't do it then good for you and the team. But some of us don't care to rush to the gates for survivor amusement.