Financial_Stability
Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

[Deleted]

Post edited by Financial_Stability on

Comments

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

That's what hurts the new base nurse most. With cooldown or range addons it gets okay tho.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

She has fatigue a cooldown on individual blinks and is slower than survivors running why didn't the buff her movement speed

• Financial_Stability

Yeah that's a factor. Considering she slows down while charging the blink, I'd say it evens out a bit less than 115%. You also got to consider that Nurse requires a ton of prediction if you're playing against competent survivors. This change makes her perhaps the worst killer in the game on maps like Lery's and ESPECIALLY Hawkins. Screw hawkins.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Which especially harms her considering just how slow her walking speed is already. I don't think people realize how much the change hurts her mobility.

• Financial_Stability

Going out of your way to say I purposely falsified the results is a bit declaratory. Even after I readily admitted to the mistake, and was about to edit the post to declare this. The point still stands, her map pressure has been heavily nerfed.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2019

lmao just use spasmodic breath, its a very fun add-on according to the devs.

Now you have yet another M1 killer that can achieve an easy first hit *cough cough* legion *cough cough*

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Sorry if that came harsh. No offense, thought you wanted to do this on purpose just to prove a point.

Not sure wether thats a bad thing tbh. Her chase is still better than Spirits. Both have about the same map pressure now. Her having the best chase, along with slightly above average mobility seems more balanced. Previously she had the best chase and the second best map pressure, now the mobility got normalized.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

This clip also has the Nurse starting significantly farther back compared to the billy. Notice how the structure to the billy's right is way in front of the Nurse at the start.

Specifically the Billy starts about 15 meters ahead of the Nurse in this clip

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

This makes no sense though. People complained about Nurse being too good in chase, not about her mobility. They nerfed her map control for no reason

• Financial_Stability

As of the nerf with only taking basekit into account, I disagree. The amount of prediction you need against good players can lead to a very long chase where your predictions are skewed heavily in the survivor's favor. Open maps she still is strong, but on more than half the maps available, your predictions are punished too heavily to a point where it's hard to recover a chase. Spirit in this regard is definitely stronger more consistently.

I get how you feel when some people fake results of tests. I was embarrassed that I had made the mistake in the first place. Apology accepted.

• Weederick

If you want to nerf Nurses chase, she wouldn't be Nurse anymore. Nurses identity is her uncounterable chase. Hard to think about a chase nerf that doesnt change her fundamentally. A mobility nerf hits hard, since time is the most valuable ressource, but she still has her core gameplay. How would you nerf her chase, without changing her concept of appearing next to someone? I think more people would be unhappy if they changed that.

• NuclearBurrito

Adjusting for this would give you about 26 seconds.

That's a movement speed of 4.84 M/S. This is consistent with the calculations I did which concluded that her speed was 4.85 M/S.

With 2 blinks her speed is 4.96 M/S

• Financial_Stability

That is false. The layout of rotten fields is that of a square with it's corners sliced off like a cake. They are covering the same distance.

• NuclearBurrito

I know what the layout is. I'm saying they didn't start in the same place within the shape.

• Weederick

Spirit vs Nurse argument is hard... I have an easier time on Nurse than on Spirit. But some people are very successful with Spirit, apparently they can hear footsteps (I cant, maybe thats why). I do think though, that nothing changed about the prediction part. If you hit your blinks before the changes, you're still hitting them afterwards. And waiting 3,5s is not that big of a deal imo. You only lose 0,5-1m distance during that time. It punishes constant blinking and inaccurate blinking. The increased skillfloor is fitting for such a rewarding character.

But i'd wait it out first and see how people adapt to the changes. See how other people deal with it and how successful some streamers are. What is possible with Nurse now and how much it impacts highranks.

• NuclearBurrito

in any case the Nurse SHOULD have taken 26 seconds to travel the same distance the hillbilly did in his 27.38 seconds if you do it right, which while it doesn't sound much faster is a significant speed improvement

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Well she’s definitely not “uncounterable” in a chase, but that’s a different topic. I don’t, personally, think she should have been nerfed outside of her addons.

• ohmy
    ohmy Member Posts: 14

I don't know if you know this, but nurse can blink through objects.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

She needs base MS increase.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    edited October 2019

"...if you 1-blink only, because i'm cherry-picking."

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

So she's got almost the same map traversing speed as an M1 killer (ignoring that this is only if the M1 killer can run in a straight line and never hits an obstacle.)

OK?

"Her map pressure got nerfed."

Yeah, and? Good. She was OVERPOWERED and this has been a change to bring her down a notch. That's fine.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You had nurse start farther back

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

The Nurse can take extreme shortcuts that no other killer can, like blink up to the second floor of any building instantly, something that would take other killers tens of seconds.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

Well, I gess you'll need Add-ons for Nurse now... like almost every other Killer...

Deal with it. Fragile Wheeze will nullify the Nerf

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    edited October 2019

Just use addons 4head!

Nevermind the fact that this furthers a problem with Killer that it's largely unplayable without a BP investment (that often goes to waste because of DCers and other problems) or the fact that Nurse is still slower than an (addonless) 115% Killer.

Also to all the people saying that Nurse can blink through objects: especially on more open maps (such as Rotten Fields) this is a non-issue. Yes certain maps will favour certain characters (open maps for Billy, not for Nurse) but you can't use the excuse of "she's good on some of the worst maps for Killer" as justification for her being worse than a 115% Killer in terms of map pressure.

I do agree that in the grand scheme of things this isn't that much of a problem and Nurse did need changes since her ability is so powerful, but this still doesn't help an overarching problem of Killers being far too addon reliant while Survivors can do perfectly fine without items, can find items in a match, and get to keep their items after a match is over.

• NuclearBurrito

Except she's not. The video made mistakes that caused her to take longer than she should.

Her actual effective speed with 1 blink is 4.85