The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This is the perfect NON-event

3k extra BP for hooking a survivor on a special hook with pumpkins.

An offering that's required to do more than one.

Holiday event skins that won't be able to be earned until weeks after the holiday is over.

A challenge system that forces players to play roles or use tactics or perks that they may not want to.

Anyone else disappointed by the current chain of decisions leading up to the version of the game we have now?

I know people didn't like the juicy plants, but instead of removing the event entirely couldn't it have been adjusted using the feedback and events from last year?

Adjust the squishy noises.

Reward the vials gained during the match only if the survivor escapes or dies on their 2nd or 3rd hook to lessen rage-quits.

Allow both sides to contribute to the pool of event currency to avoid the lobby problem from last year.

Then take the vials out of the battlepass to be earned in the event to make it worthwhile and special.

How hard would that have been?

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I agree the petal system is kinda meh. You're essentially relying on the other survivors playing them too to even get a decent bonus. And killers are really screwed over since they're have to down a survivor near one of the blighted hooks to even get a look at the bonus bp. The challenges need some balancing. I was assuming masters were the level 4 challenges, but they're already on level 1 and I've already heard about people just DC'ing if they don't get their progress on the single trials ones. I'm questioning if it's even worth going for the master ones anymore because I did want to see all the lore, but it's feeling like that lore isn't coming for me anytime soon

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

It's not that anything you suggested is "hard," it's that isn't the way they want to do it. They want the rift and the event cosmetics very connected so you spend more time on the rift. You'll be unlocking more tiers to get more cosmetics and by the time you're done you're more likely to say "Well, I might as well buy the premium pass, look at all this stuff I get immediately!"

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Surprised that every hook and gen weren't Halloween and petals gave a 3x bonus to bp

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Dude lol this would have been perfect! Make every hook an event hook and just use an offering to get the extra BP and of course up it to 5K.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

They had a problem with this last year or 2 years ago with the lunar gens and just changed it so every gen and hook got changed why not with this event

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@SpaceCoconut Yeah, I saw all that writing on the wall when they first talked about how the event was going to be done.

So, I've been playing the Dying Light Halloween stuff, Halloween Terror in Overwatch for the Sombra Demon Hunter skin this week (got the Baptiste skin from week two and Junkrat from week 1), and have simply been enjoying myself in State of Decay 2 which I just bought on its 50% off sale, and the Batman Arkham games that Epic gave away for free last month.

In other words, games that are not DbD.

I've seen your posts here and watched your videos since early September (when I first visited your channel). You are obviously unhappy with BHVR and the state of DbD. And I don't blame you. I agree with you. But have you considered just moving on? Or is your income, unfortunately, too married to this game?

And I mean none of that in a negative way. I've moved on, but I also made a conscious choice to never become a content creator for this game because I recognized the issues with BHVR's game design philosophy a couple years ago.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited October 2019

Even worse I've had killers camp the event gens to prevent them from getting done, and so far played 3 games, 2 moris.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Good luck "Killing all 4 survivors by your hand in same trial" without anyone DC

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

Some of these challenges are just absolutely ridiculous. They should know at this point that some survivors will DC out of spite to deny someone their reward.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

An easy fix would be to just make it so DCs count toward it. That'd get rid of that tactic real quick.

But I get your point. Some of them are ridiculous.

• Raven014

Is that a temporary buff to Spies I hear?

Yeah, sounds like it's a joke...

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I play both sides so I am not too bothered by it, but I can already tell Survivor challenges will be 100x easier than killer challenges if they amp up the difficulty.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Yeah I agree, they tied this event far too much into the archives and the rift and there's very little that actually feels like an event on its own.

It's sad how little there actually is in the rift that wouldn't have been regular content last year anyway.

They did not listen to YOUR feedback, that doesn't mean they didn't listen to other peoples' feedback that like the Nurse changes.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

In which case they were earnt weeks BEFORE the holiday.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Oh right, they've been available for a few weeks already.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Really? Then i just need to bring out the most unfun killer to make all survivors DC to complete the challenge (just a joke)

I think that way is easier than mori all 4 survivors

Btw does slugging count?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Some of u cry too much. The changes are great

• Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91

Giving these devs feedback is not gonna change anything. We did for the Legion, Freddy and Nurse changes, but instead they removed everything fun about those killers

• honestscript
    honestscript Member Posts: 259
    edited October 2019

Other non horror games that I've played have done Halloween events way better than this game. Which is pretty sad.

I was so angry about the delay and then so excited when it finally came out but now... I kinda don't want to play anymore.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

My real issue is that I have to play a lot of killer to do all the killer challenges. But at 10 minutes wait time just to get a lobby, that ain't happening.

The challenges aren't particularly hard, but the 10 minute wait is. Before I sometimes would line up for killer just to do some killer dailies, if like I was making a cup of coffee or a sandwich and I could leave it queing while I was preparing a snack. But to complete all the killer challenges I probably need to play around 20 killer matches at least. That's 200 minutes of my day wasted. That's 13% of my day gone twiddling my thumbs. Not happening.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Even though it is disappointing for most I actually can’t wait to see the lore and to the video clips :)

• Raven014

Really? I haven't played it yet since I've been busy, but I should be able to soon. Good to know. : )

• zyntex
    zyntex Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2019

The stupidest part about it in my opinion is locking the lore behind the challenges. Not speaking of the easy ones but the later ones (maybe harder for most of the people).

Those who are interested in it will have a hard time.

Also just doing the challenge stuff then getting killed when you are not interested in ranks is the most efficient way of doing the challenges. gg

People played like potatos before but now it got even worse!

EDIT: Let's not forget that we don't have all the meta perks on all characters unlocked because of the stupid grind because we didn't played the game only for the last three years or so. Makes higher ranks fun to play at.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • pabloddiablo316
    pabloddiablo316 Member Posts: 84

I actually like doing the plants last year, made games last longer and killer got confused looking from gens to plants trying to find my ninja meg build. It was great fun

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Absolutely not disappointed.

I actually liked the whole "Interact with squishy plant" thing, but this works way better.

I don't mind one bit that they take the more safe route.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

What holiday event skins? I'm confused, is he talking about the halloween skins?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They should've brought back the event from last year. I liked the Pustula Plants and getting the nectar from them.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

I think they just want to break you out of your ritual. If you keep playing the game the same over and over you you're going to get sick of it. They are nudging you out of your comfort zone to try new things, things you would never do. You'd be surprised what you'll discover.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I've played this game since 2016. I simply don't like being told what to do in a game I purchased for my own enjoyment. Revoking player agency never does well unless the game is designed that way. If I find a way I enjoy playing for that period of time, why force me to play in a way I simply don't want to in order to complete an addition to the game?

Very interesting, can you message me some links to the quotes?

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Personally I'm like doing the sacrifice at the end game its making me play scummy and my piggy is not about that life plus I'm getting people just unable to complete gens?! Wheres the gen rush when I want it I'm one confused piggy

• zyntex
    zyntex Member Posts: 6

He did mentioned it in a video already. How they failed on the first iteration and created a new game while beeing funded by DbD.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@zyntex By chance, if you have time, could you link me the video on my wall. I'm doing some research into the topic, I would greatly appreciate it.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Uh this is a big deal, and really ######### upsetting

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@SpaceCoconut

Have you taken into consideration that the devs have been working on other larger things? Which may have prevented them from going all out on the event. Regardless if you like it or not the main focus have been dedicated servers, the archive and nurse changes.

On top of that I think the devs did take feedback into consideration from players. Majority of the players say they do events just for blood points . Now you have an offering that allowed you to get additional blood points when you complete the designated gen or hooks.

I personally enjoy that the event is tied with the archive. I have 70 days to get the event items, compared to 10days.

Only thing that lacks in the game is the maps decorations.