Problem With Archives

While it creates a new objective for me to do, i find that if it says disturb 25 crows, im gonna run around the whole map until i count up to 25, and then im not gonna care if the killer kills me because i just want to hurry up to the next objective, im sorry but the system is a little flawed. who else agrees?

Comments

• MykeWazowskiii
    MykeWazowskiii Member Posts: 32

It's not flawed...just challenges. Everyone will complete them and then it'll go back to normal until the next tier is out. I personally love it!

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

Or you just play the game normally and you'll naturally get it? Crows are situational unless you have spies from the shadow.

There's objectives to make examples of in the higher levels where the challenges can get ridiculous but not this one. This is fair game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not only does it encourage you to just run around and do nothing but that, it also goes against general gameplay.

Whether you normally care about scaring Crows or not, actively having to scare them is the opposite of what the game tells you to do.

Why not "Successfully sneak by 10 individual Crows" or something?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

yeah, the next tier needs to be careful, while one of them is save 5 teamates is good because it makes you want to save, the crow one, or one or two others just make you want to do the opposite of trying to survive and help others. i may of survived on the one with the crows, but thats because i had propably a 3 man swf team with me who all had flashlights and bullied the killer at rank 13

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited October 2019

You dont need to get the 25 Crows in one game tho. Also, burn a Swamp Offering and trigger the Crow Bomb on the Ship/Pantry. Works wonders, those are already like 20 Crows.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited October 2019

There will be two knod of players, players who play for the objective and that's it, and players who will play normally intending to do the objective in the way.

Examples:

"Heal 3 full states to any survivor" I did not run straight for the heals, I just played normally and did the objective in two games without even trying.

"Disturb 25 crows" I played normally and 3 games gave me the objective

"Survive as Claudette" Need I say more?

The only real issue I saw was the "open 3 chests in a single game" whyle playing solo... IMPOSSIBLE

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

There are some challenges that encourage bad play style. I've noticed more people rushing the hook for 'safe hooks' lately. The challenges related to commonly available perks, for example make three great skill checks using This is Not Happening, are positive, they have you use a perk you wouldn't normally, but it does not affect other player's in the game.

Challenges that won't really affect other player's experiences or waste time, like running around chasing crows.

The later challenges really look like it is mandatory to play SWF.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited October 2019

omg! I take it back! Have you seen the next levels challenges? #########?! "Do 3 safe unhooks in the endgame collapse", "Hook 4 survivors in the basement", "Fully fix 4 gens using dark sense"

EDIT: ALL OF THIS HAVE TO BE DONE IN A SINGLE MATCH

WTF?!

Post edited by Carlosylu on
  • Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

I'm genuinely done playing solo survivor right now. All matches are me doing 3+ generators. Matches are being infested with idiots that watches too much Ochido waiting to flashlight the killer because Halloween flashlight so cool and people who don't care about the match as long as they finish their Rift challenges.

This is stupid, Being killer is actual heaven right now when they're against these people which is most likely.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

You forgot to mention the 'in a single trial' part.

The three chest one was pretty easy - you got the advantage of Plunderer's and toss in a purple coin for more chests. Only problem would in being unlucky with one or more other survivors trying to do the same challenge, but that seems it will be a common problem with most challenges here on out now.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

As soon as I saw this challenge, my first thought was to pick Billy and do a lap around the edge of the map.

• LittleLiam
    LittleLiam Member Posts: 34

I had work so while everyone else is doing other challenges I was doing the ones everyone's already done, so I've had a pretty easy time. I have noticed a increase of hook farming and borrowed time though.

Remember we have about 2 weeks to get section 1 done and people have already rushed through it all. Just take a day or so off and everyone will be done with them for easy completion.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2019

It was a fear of mine regarding challenges and something I gave feedback about.

Challenges should enhance the gameplay and not detract from it. These have the problem of ruining another person's game experience just for joining a random person who would rather do a challenge and once completed they have no incentive to stay and get themselves killed to move onto the next one. If the hallowed blight 2018 pustuals showed us anything it was detracting from gameplay was a mistake so I don't understand why they removed the pustuals while at the same time making that concept the norm for all games in the future.

It makes me quite sad to see some of these challenges put in the rift. I saw this in deathgarden and it was partly why I stopped playing the game as watching someone run up a cliff over and over or running around shooting crate comoletely ignoring the objective which put the rest of us at a disadvantage and it made playing the match a less fun experience.

While I like the concept of the challenges I personally feel they need to rethink them. Make them all over multiple games. Make them achievable and tied to normal play and remove the time gating on them. No specific chars needed, no kill x at a set time just chases, quick downs, losing the killer, gens, totems, chests, using a power etc. If this happened I beleive they would add to the gameplay instead of detracting from it.

I don't know the direction it's going to go and even this event has me not really wanting to start the game and atm id rather do some other game events as i find it non rewardable or actually fun.