The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Crossplay is coming?

Jesya
Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

I guess they are working on crossplay???

I dunno how I feel about this. As an Xbox player I'm not sure I want to be with PC players who are going to stomp on me because of my console limitations. However playing against PS4 would be cool :)

Comments

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188

I don't think the skill gap between platforms is very big in this game compared to other games. I wouldn't mind playing with console players, it would be fun.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

playing killer with pc survivors who can 360 on console sounds like a nightmare

• MykeWazowskiii
    MykeWazowskiii Member Posts: 32

all they gotta do is enable keyboard support for this game on xbox/ps4 and i'll ######### on PC players all day.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited October 2019

Q: Will crossplay be extended to the console versions of the game in the future? 

A: We would like to offer the same treatment for all platforms. We do not have an ETA at this time, but we will keep you posted as new information becomes available. 

CROSSPLAY IS COMING!!!

• Jesya

It's not about skill gap... it's about maneuverability with the controller vs keyboard and mouse. There's a reason why nurse isn't played much on console.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Maybe it could be selectable like in Fortninte? You can actually choose if you want crossplay or not

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

It's not nearly as different from Console to PC as you would think. I've played with a controller on PC when i hurt my hand awhile back and did well still.

The biggest difference will be how some of the more precision killers will be I.E Nurse, Huntress, Plague, and Legion. The other main difference is I know some PC killers tweak the setting to basically make it impossible for survivors to hide.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I would love to be able to play with others on PS4, then I could play with my son. I hope it comes soon!

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188

I played console for a few months before switching to PC and I agree that a few killers would be extremely difficult to learn to play against PC survivors. However, I think that for the most part console killers would be able to adapt pretty well. PC Survivors don't move as amazing as people think lol. Even at red ranks.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Console players will always gave the option to chose like any other game with cross play functionality. So it's just in your own interests to support this for the future.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I have no issue against playing against Xbox players as we don't got an advantage or disadvantage, I don't have too much of a problem with PC either, but they got better turn control and sensitivity than PS4.

• Jesya

@not_Queen Thanks for replying. I know this is something sooo many people in the community have been asking for so I am happy you guys are listening and trying.

If controller sensitivity is tweaked I'd be all down for crossplay. But right now? Ew. Jesus. Gross.

• pAncrop900
    pAncrop900 Member Posts: 44

Crossplay is ok but console and pc must be separated until you guys fix the 30fps thing on console

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2019

@not_Queen @Peanits

I was wondering with cross play would there be a possibility of cross save? Many have lost a lot going from one platform to another some may have caught back up, but many haven't.

It's not like we as player's/customers wouldn't have to buy the DLC and charity bundles again. It's just the progress, unlockables, cosmetics, event items, time invested were all lost. I think that would be a nice feature to actually add when cross play is implemented or even to actually work in regardless.

I personally have always seen this as a hurdle for some of the players moving from one platform to another. It may not seem like a great idea, but honestly it will provide more money for your company in the long run provided you keep it to where people can play on whatever platform they want whenever.

EDIT: I'm sure you wont reply, but will you at least confirm you read it please.

• barricade133
    barricade133 Member Posts: 12

I'd be fine with this if it weren't for the horrid frame rate on console.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

You mean apart from the frame difference quality options allowing you to see things better on pc, delay on pressing buttons for console and the fact nurse is completely un usable on console but a god on pc ? Yeah sure apart from all that im sure theres no skill gaps

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

I've played this game with mouse/keyboard and a controller. I don't really think there's much of a advantage using one over the other when compared to most competitive games. But I play games for fun and dont have to be the best to enjoy them so I'm probably missing in the technical stuff hehe.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Best news I seen all week !

Happy Halloween bitches

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

60 FPS and higher sensitivity for controller confirmed.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Just use Steam

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I genuinely hope they you guys never add cross play to this game. But if you do then I hope you have the good sense to make the default option to be cross-play off.

• Akarate_Dolphin
    Akarate_Dolphin Member Posts: 201

PLEASE. I've played on Pc with an Xbox controller, its not that bad. Crossplay between every platform would help queue times so much and give room for new game modes with enough players.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Would cross play come with lobby chat too?