Unpopular opinion - We didnt need archives and a rift - we just needed more fun/random daily rituals

The thing ive enjoyed the most about this patch is doing the mini challenges on the archive - these could easily of been implemented during daily rituals this whole time.

Comments

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

Yeah nah... The daily rituals are not as in-depth as the archives. The way they've integrated the archives with challenges is perfect. Daily rituals should go imo.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Archives are fine. the are like dailies yes, but most other games have setup like: "Dailies, Weeklies and Seasonal" or "Monthly."

Dailies should stay as daily challenges.

Archives is similar to the Seasonal challenges you see in other games.

Dailies need a fix though, they are extremely obnoxious right now. I don't know if they have fixed the "switching dailies" but yet. Also, the dailies you receive should be at least 50/50. Or at least more in favor of the role you play more. My experience as a Survivor Main who mostly plays Survivor is that 95% of my Dailies are Killer Rituals. Yeah, guess what, that doesn't make me want to play more killer. (The only thing that will make me play more killer is reduced killer lobby times)

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

btw I don't want to see the archives gone - im a big fan...just seems to me like before they thought bout the archives they could of brought a lot life into the game by just making more interesting daily rituals xD

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I like the new challenges better dailys basically but if they are near impossible then yikes

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

seeing this post makes me think we should hold a "contest" for coming up with new dailies and possibly weeklies to get people more into it

but idk

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

And it only came about tied to a battlepass. Way to completely miss my point my guy. But you got to be pithy and cool on the interney, so its worth looking illiterate. Yeah!

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I actually really like the concept of the Archives because I am a bit of a Lore nerd but restricting it and polluting it with ######### because it ties in with a Battle Pass.. that's a big oof for me.

I'll enjoy my DbD lore via Youtube videos instead.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

The archives tie in with the battle pass to benefit the battle pass, the lore on the archives is free and doesn't need to be played alongside the battlepass ? so im not sure of the discourse here - I do however love @Soulslayer618 idea of new ritual/dailes