Which Survivor had gone through the worst ######### b4 being taken into the entity's realm

CrazyMage
CrazyMage Member Posts: 100
edited September 2019 in Lore

Obvious contenders are Tapp, Bill, Steve, Ash,and Laurie I guess you could also say Quentin and David

Comments

• SureSpear
    SureSpear Member Posts: 211

What in the Berserk combined with Persona 2 is this?

But discounting licensed survivors, Meg had a rough childhood, Dwight literally got drugged by coworkers in his original backstory, Jake suffered alienation from most of his family. It's kind of hard to say.

• Sickerton
    Sickerton Member Posts: 77

Thing about Ash, though is that he kinda gets used to it. And he's also pretty much guaranteed to find a way to dimension hop out of the Entity's realm eventually.

Seriously, his extended canon via comic books is crazy. He's the only person in all of fiction who has met both normal and remake Freddy Krueger. Also Doctor Doom. Yes, Marvel Comics Doctor Doom. Almost got vaporized on the spot for refusing to stop calling him Mr Roboto.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I was going to mention Ace because he was literally on the run from the Mob... but these are all pretty good contenders too.

• MechanicalWolf
    MechanicalWolf Member Posts: 48

Physical wise: Ash or Bill having to go through years of fighting

Personal Life wise: Dwight because his life is basically complete trash that nothing turned out in his favor.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Bill literally died

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Kinda a toss up for me between Bill and Meg.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Same with Tapp. Ash and Bill take the cake for worst cards though.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Yeah but our Bill died from a horde of tanks and the undead

• Mikeadatrix

I thought you were just listing who died, not how. You're right, Bill died awfully compared to Tapp.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited October 2019

Kate. If I recall she was like yanked up in a tree by the entity and was swallowed up in there.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

David Tapp I guess. Unlike Bill he died with thought that he couldn't save anyone.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

Ash.

Ash had to deal with killing and dismembering his friends after being possessed, had to saw of his own hand, had to fend of a bunch of deadites, had to fight a all out war with the dead, and lost all of his friends in the future.

Now he's stuck here..

Honorable mentions are Dwight and Bill.

Dwight had a terrible job(probably minimum wage), nobody liked him, and now he's being chased by a murderous killer.

Talk about bad luck...

Bill had to deal with seeing all of his comrades dying in terrible and horrid ways, had to fend of hordes of zombies, and then he sacrificed himself to save his friends. But hey at least in here he can do what he loves to do... helping people.

• Shraar
    Shraar Member Posts: 219

Dwight: Bullied all his life. Upset with his circumstances. Failure at everything he attempted. Is called a nerd and a geek but isn't even smart. His coworkers lure him out to the woods, drug him, and abandon him (Seriously, that's just horrible)

Honorable mention to Jeff, because when he disappeared his neighbour stopped looking after his dog, and it became a stray (C'mon people, adopt older/senior dogs, it doesn't have to be a puppy especially if you can't stay home too often)

• Monfuiser
    Monfuiser Member Posts: 15

Ash, no competition.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

Jeff has the dog so screw everyone else dogs are the best henceforth Jeff has the saddest backstory.

But in all seriousness, I'm surprised no-one said Jane yet. She grew up without a mom, and her dad struggled with his job as a visual artist. Yes her teenage life was good for the most part and she was successful, however, she invited her mom onto her show, where the mom revealed that they weren't actually related, on camera, in front of the audience. Now that not only seems embarrassing, but just imagine how Jane felt during that moment. Her mom, who wasn't in her life, who Jane thought was this popular actress for all her life, weren't actually related. So Jane goes to New Jersey (bad mistake) to see her dad, only to get sleepy and end up in the entity's realm. All her success and whatever family she had, all gone. She didn't even get to see her dad one last time.

• Superstar_Saga95
    Superstar_Saga95 Member Posts: 90

Gotta go with Bill for this one, Fought in the Vietnam War, got a knee full of shrapnel which needed routine surgeries to get through, had to go through dead end jobs, and woke up and found his world in a zombie filled mess. He found some other survivors and formed bonds with them, and in the end died to ensure their safety. The only bright side to Bill ending up in the entity's realm is being able to help others, and having an enemy to fight which is what he wanted.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If you're going to do this so probably be best to split it into physical and mental

For mental I would say:

Feng Min- spiralled into depression and addiction ( We know that you definitely had a gaming addiction alcoholism maybe however I'm not sure if she's actually addicted to alcohol) because of the pressures in her life and an increasing sense of self-deprecation.

Dwight- constantly was treated like a doormat and was essentially a band and then a bit of nowhere before he was taken

Physical

Bill and David Tapp- to put it in the simplest of terms they both died in rather painful ways I don't think you can get much more extreme than that.

Honorable mentions

I don't think these guys are what I consider the most traumatized or messed up but they did have bad things happen to them.

Jane- talk show with her mother

Adam- caught in a train crash

Quentin- stalked and mentally tortured by Freddy

Steve- he knew Nancy so that's quite a lot of naggy and entitled baggage right there

Jeff- mourning the loss of his father bonus points for being forced to unintentionally abandon a doggo

• Mikeadatrix

How did you completely gloss over the man who has been through absolute hell and back multiple times?

Ash takes the cake for both mental AND physical.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I haven't watched the Evil Dead franchise with the exception of the remake

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Bill is dead, like for real.

• Mikeadatrix

Well, you probably should check out the three films and the show when you have time but until then, yeah, Ash is a walking punching bag and the poor dude really deserves a break.

• DarienPiggles
    DarienPiggles Member Posts: 6

I’d say, from a purely emotional standpoint, Jane is also up there on the list. Not at the top, but at least considered. Think about it, her parents divorced at a young age and she spent her whole life trying to be her mother. Then when she finally gets to meet her, the bombshell gets dropped on her that she’s not her mom? Then she spends the rest of eternity never knowing if she is or is not her mother. Not really along the lines of someone killing their friends because they turned into zombies, but at least it’s a story some people can relate to and find it easy to empathize with.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Bill had to fight through the Vietnam war, not to mention the zombies, before actually dying at the hands of 3 Tanks. Bill is tough as hell, but can only be smacked twice by the Hag before going down.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Ash and Bill hands down. These two guys didn't just deal with petty social matters, they actually fought armies. For Ash, it was an army of deadites. For Bill, it was the Vietnamese and zombies.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Nea. Being forced to leave her friends and family then joining the wrong crowd which would later draw her away from the family she had left.