The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When can Ps4 get chat boxes?

I feel like it would be nice to have the chat box that appears on pc show up on ps4, you'll get to see the salt without having to spend 10 minutes backing out of the game, and going to messages just to see it (It's a major hassle). Plus your chances of receiving salt while in another match are slimmer.

Answers

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

I feel like it would be nice to have the chat box that appears on pc show up on ps4, you'll get to see the salt without having to spend 10 minutes backing out of the game, and going to messages just to see it (It's a major hassle). Plus your chances of receiving salt while in another match are slimmer.

agreed
  • Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

Yeah I rather have less salt sure they can spam my inbox but with that I can just go threw my privacy settings.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Being a console gamer predominantly, though I play DBD on PC, I don't think it's worth putting post-game chat in DBD for console.
    Compared to a keyboard, with PS4 you need to wait for the text box to actually show up when you want to type something, and then you have to manually go key-by-key to press each one that you want. Maybe you can speed it up with the controller-aiming feature, or the touchpad, and the auto-complete choices, but it'll still take far too long to do it and make it worth adding to the game.

• Lowbei
    Jack11803 said:

It definitely should be added. Having to block EVERYONE even GOOD people from messaging me is completely stupid. Let the salt happen in game, so the real people can actually talk to each other.

in this game about murder, i think we can handle some text
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    it would be nice if they implemented it into consoles, it saves having to go onto someone’s profile.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@BigBadPiggy said:

You really don't want this. You think you do but you don't.

• Lowbei
    fcc2014 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

why not
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

why not

Back behind bars, you got any of that good prison hooch with you?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Hopefully never considering the toxicity I do see in stream videos for PC on the post game chat.

• fcc2014

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

why not

Being told to suck someones dick by a 12 yr old gets old after the first few times. The privacy settings allow you to avoid. Contact with people salty because they died.

• chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    speaking of PS4..  look at this match making .
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@chefdave12118 said:

Neat story.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    They’re most likely SWF.
  • Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

why not

not yet, just got in and looking to fight the biggest guy in the yard

fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

why not

Being told to suck someones dick by a 12 yr old gets old after the first few times. The privacy settings allow you to avoid. Contact with people salty because they died.

ahh. i figured people might be more likely to go send a console message tho if they are unable to vent after the game, and console messages are often more salty. idk i dont have a console.
  • fcc2014
    Lowbei said:

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

why not

fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

why not

ahh. i figured people might be more likely to go send a console message tho if they are unable to vent after the game, and console messages are often more salty. idk i dont have a console.
    Not sure what your post game chat is like but a few moments after they die player x will add you to a group. Tell you to #########, f your mom or tell you he f your mom. Call you gay or a racial slur. It is fun until you are in game and have massive amounts of messages popping up while still trying to play.
  • Lowbei
    edited August 2018
    fcc2014 said:
    Lowbei said:

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

why not

fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

why not

Not sure what your post game chat is like but a few moments after they die player x will add you to a group. Tell you to [BAD WORD], f your mom or tell you he f your mom. Call you gay or a racial slur. It is fun until you are in game and have massive amounts of messages popping up while still trying to play.
    ahh that does sound annoying
  • Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

I rather not have a chat box the amount of hate I get from petty survivors is amazing. Without the chat box I see a bit less toxicity because many survivors rather not put the effort into messaging me plus PSN has a bug where you won't always see "players met" and I like it like that if we had a chat box you'd see so much toxicity.

"Trash killer, noob killer, quit camping, #########"...etc.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

why not

And yet you're also avoiding contact with the people who want to say "GG" or just give you tips. I've want to to tell people i play against "GG" "I main the killer you were playing, try doing this differently" stuff like that and don't get the chance because of their privacy settings. if we had the chat box on console it would be easier to do these things. Also, if you can't take the salt then maybe you shouldn't be playing the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BigBadPiggy said:

PC player here

trust me, you dont want this

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

They haven't implemented one likely because of how long it takes to type a message. PC players can simply type on a keyboard, whereas console would have to type out each individual letter. I remember being a PS4 player and spending minutes just typing a few sentences out. Trust me, it isn't worth it to spend a half minute typing "That decisive at the end, tho! gg glhf" and then wait a full minute before someone types, "#########, gay, n-word, etc" in response.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

trust me you dont want the end game toxicity

• jordan8734
    jordan8734 Member Posts: 1

The only player would that would want this are trash talkers lol

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

I honestly wish they’d do this so I don’t have to on receive messages from players

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

As a player of pc and ps4 I say no thanks

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited July 2019

@Outland you are completely wrong. There IS end game chat, it's just forced through PS messages. You must not play killer if you think there's no end game chat.

@Judgement You can always hook a keyboard up to your PS4. I do this quite often when I play online games.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited July 2019

I have to disagree completely with this. Now, I can easily report inappropriate messages to PSN and get them banned. I don’t want to deal with BHVR’s crap, and nothing to be done about it. Plus, with a PSN ban it affects all of PSN, not just DbD.

P.S. @jordan8734 great necro of a 1 year old thread.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’d like it, if you didn’t wanna use it then you could close the chat.

• AIG1992
    AIG1992 Member Posts: 98

As someone who plays on ps4 n pc, you don't want that #########. Sure, sometimes you'll have the nice chill people in egc, but most of the time you have salty survivors. Even if you're not camping or tunneling, somehow you are because they died, then you have other times where you find out they've been ######### your mom or something. It's a wonderful chat.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

chat should of been added to the game, id for once like to be able to say hi or good game ,actually THANK the people for being good teamates ,yes theres good and bad that comes with it but every game that has this feature deals with it and its high time consles had there chance as well. i mean look how long it took for elder scrolls to add thetext chat feature , it was greatly needed . and games do benefit from it .like i said theres good and bad but i think after all this time it sould of been added already

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Holy mother of necros

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

people who want to message nice things are a minority. As it is with ps4 right now majority don't message anything (which is fine) but the ones who do message 9 times out of 10 it's to call you trash. This is why people have their messages turned off. I don't turn off my messages but I understand those who do. It gets tiring and makes you think everybody who plays this game is a spoiled brat whose parents don't love them.

• TiredTwoStep
    TiredTwoStep Member Posts: 3

As a ps4 player. I couldnt ask for a better addition than the post game chat box. As it stands, people beef it out through the ps4 messages, which is A: annoying as heck as I now have over 100 converstations saved on my ps4 and have to clean them. And B: time consuming and worthless. If the chat box existed in dbd it would be a place to get the say in and leave. It's gotten to the point that even sending/receiving GG in my messages is annoying.