Fun jumpscares in DbD! (Tinkerer Bug)

Options
NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Holy crap, I never had such a jumpscare in DbD! I was going against a nurse and I noticed no heart beat at all, I didn't think the tinkerer bug was real but wow it's a bug alright! I had so much fun getting jumpscared by a nurse, I was always so paranoid because I never knew when she will pop out! Maybe no terror radius as a survivor perk that rewards you for using it? I love always that feeling tense about where the killer's is at and the killer can be close to you!

I had a blast trying to figure out where the killer is at! Additionally don't look at my rank, just haven't played in a while lol. You killer mains should use tinkerer II more often because it's so fun not knowing where the killer is at! :)
Post edited by NMCKE on

Comments

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    Yea I saw a myers with tinkered 2 the other day. I heard his music go off so I knew he went to tier 2 of evil within and then I started playing normal until he rounded a corner and grabbed me off a gen. My chest almost exploded 
  • NMCKE
    Options
    Yea I saw a myers with tinkered 2 the other day. I heard his music go off so I knew he went to tier 2 of evil within and then I started playing normal until he rounded a corner and grabbed me off a gen. My chest almost exploded 
    Lmao, yeah I was in the killer shack and I seen a red light at the door and since I didn't expect it, she downed me! You should have seen my face when she downed me because I didn't think the tinkerer bug would completely remove the terror radius! Then another time I was on a generator at a LT jungle gym and I was barely able to see her red light around the corner, she barely missed me! Luckily she wasn't a God nurse or else our entire survivor team would get wiped out! Definitely one of the most fun survivor games that I ever had!
  • guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    Options
    I was looking for generators when some Billy chainsawed me with thinkerer on and that was the biggest jumpscare I've had in a while! The last time I had this feeling was when I had like 80 hours of game and I got scared by a Myers using m&a + dead rabbit. I have to admit that I also love this feeling, and when you succeed to survive you feel way prouder of yourself.
    Unfortunately, I'm not using it right now as a killer because I know this perk has a bug but when they will fix it it will become a part of my final build
  • NMCKE
    Options
    guest602 said:
    I was looking for generators when some Billy chainsawed me with thinkerer on and that was the biggest jumpscare I've had in a while! The last time I had this feeling was when I had like 80 hours of game and I got scared by a Myers using m&a + dead rabbit. I have to admit that I also love this feeling, and when you succeed to survive you feel way prouder of yourself.
    Unfortunately, I'm not using it right now as a killer because I know this perk has a bug but when they will fix it it will become a part of my final build.
    I literally pooped my pants when I seen a no terror radius nurse walk around a corner and down me :lol: I was so shocked and scared all at the same time!
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    guest602 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not using it right now as a killer because I know this perk has a bug but when they will fix it it will become a part of my final build.

I literally pooped my pants when I seen a no terror radius nurse walk around a corner and down me :lol: I was so shocked and scared all at the same time!

Tbh no terror radius should be a game mode or an Ultra Rare offering

Every killer besides Freddy and Huntress would have jump scare potential.

Wouldn't be op if it was Ultra Rare it'd be a fun equal an Ebony offering

• guest602
    Options
    @Bbbrian2013 I completely agree with you. I love the idea of the ultra rare offering and i hope I'll see it come to life.
  • NMCKE
    Options
    guest602 said:
    @Bbbrian2013 I completely agree with you. I love the idea of the ultra rare offering and i hope I'll see it come to life.
    I wanna see a survivor perk that mutes the terror radius for you and reward you if you survive!
  • guest602
    Options
    @Nickenzie that would be a good idea but unfortunately that would be too easy when people are in swf :/ it's almost like a free reward because your friends tell you where the killer is
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited August 2018
    Options

I hate it. It’s abusing a mechanic. Much like the survivors did with left behind. Killers had a chance to prove they were better, congrats, they failed epically

• guest602
    Options
    @Jack11803 what happened with left behind?
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

I hate it. It’s abusing a mechanic. Much like the survivors did with left behind. Killers had a chance to prove they were better, congrats, they failed epically

youve been so quiet lately
  • Jack11803
    Options

@guest602 said:
    @Jack11803 what happened with left behind?

Was always active. But anyway, this just goes to show those precious “victim” killers would just as gladly be the tyrants survivors were. Pathetic hypocrisy

• NMCKE
    Options
    guest602 said:
    @Nickenzie that would be a good idea but unfortunately that would be too easy when people are in swf :/ it's almost like a free reward because your friends tell you where the killer is
    I mean yeah but what's the fun in that? I only SWF when I wanna play with my friends, I don't tea bag or all that non-sense lol. I usually solo Q anyways but you do make a valid point @guest602!
  • guest602
    Options
    @Jack11803 I'm not here to complain about anything lol, I simply wasn't aware that a similar bug has existed
  • Jack11803
    Options

@guest602 said:
    @Jack11803 I'm not here to complain about anything lol, I simply wasn't aware that a similar bug has existed

Never said you were. Good day

• NMCKE
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

Was always active. But anyway, this just goes to show those precious “victim” killers would just as gladly be the tyrants survivors were. Pathetic hypocrisy

Didn't they say that they are fixing the no terror radius bug right? Well anyways I'm having a lot of fun with going against killers that have tinkerer II! I wish DbD was actually this scary tbh, well maybe when I'm going against a God nurse player lol.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

Didn't they say that they are fixing the no terror radius bug right? Well anyways I'm having a lot of fun with going against killers that have tinkerer II! I wish DbD was actually this scary tbh, well maybe when I'm going against a God nurse player lol.

And I’m sure it was scary for killers when all gens were done in 2 minutes

• guest602
    Options
    @Nickenzie I gotta admit with 800 hours of game almost nothing scares me anymore but I'm almost shitting my pants when a killer is lagswitching 😂
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    hag traps when i dont expect a hag, are scary
  • NMCKE
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

And I’m sure it was scary for killers when all gens were done in 2 minutes

If your talking about in general in the current build, all five generators are done in like 5 minutes without ruin. Ruin can add more time but there's a lot variables that can decide how much. Two minutes is exaggerated unless every survivor had a BNP or bugged left behind.