What nerfs would you like to see on spirit

We all know she's gonna be nerfed soon so what would you like to see them doing to her?

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited November 2019

Don’t really want any nerfs aside from possibly a prayer beads rework but I use spine chill so they don’t bother me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I get so many pallet stuns thanks to her collision. :P

• Murph203
    Murph203 Member Posts: 27

Make prayer beads tell you when she's phasing while in the terror radius but not out, so it reverses the conditions. Would actually be pretty fun

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Prayer beads could be changed into map wide phase sound. Just an idea :p

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

Just Prayer Beads, much like so many others wanna see it nerfed so do i.

And it would be nice if there was some different animation that told us if she was actually phasing or not. Spirits are top tier for a few reasons, one of those is because people don't even need to use her power the entire match to be good, they can just stand at a window or pallet to make you think she's phasing and then even if you know what she's trying to do and you run off, she can catch up in a matter of seconds anyway.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Make PB a map wide phasing sound.

Make collision with Survivors force her out of phasing.

• Since stridor turns her in heatseeking missile I think those changes are more than reasonable .

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It isn't. You briefly hit a Survivor and get flung out of phase. You don't know where they were and they have a head start. Far more fair then letting Spirit choose when she unphases.

• Most of the bumps happen from front , she will just get free hit . Your idea has no logic behind it

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Not really.

It isn't a buff or anything but you'd still get the hit.

You just press M1 the second you get knocked out of phase and you get a hit.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Well her power is fine but just make it so we can actually tell if she's phasing or not and please just turn Prayer beads into an Ultra Rare add-on and make it hard to come across on the bloodweb.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

More Indication of phase movement

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

Do what her father did except this time with a sledgehammer.

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271

1. It's a discussion on what people wanna see happen to her or have something minor changed

2.No one is jumping to conclusions

3.No one said she's gonna end up like legion

• SmellyCat
    SmellyCat Member Posts: 46

Maybe an special animation to when she's starting to use his power so people can identify if she's just standing still or using the power so it's not a free mindgame

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    1. Prayers Beads deleted.
    2. Clear animation or audio on survivor side to know if she's phasing even while in terror radius.
  • DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I'd like her phasing to be made more obvious. Like the grass/corn around her moving, her phasing sound being directional to where she's coming from, stuff like that.

I also want to make sure the survivors can hear the glass cracking as she powers up her phase, I think that's a fine nerf that still has potential for mindgames while allowing the survivors to know when to get away from a loop rather than stay there and get hit.

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271

Well she won't get legion treatment, they'll mostly redo prayer beads and a few nerfs and buffs most likely

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

yes lets get ride of the things that allow her to hit a survivor out of phasing in the first place, in other words lets make it a guessing FOR the killer and as compensation give a bad effect to her that eliminates her terror radius when she is already an extremely load killer without it.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Her moans and groans need to be nerfed. So annoying sometimes.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I was about to write this exact same thing. BHVR can't be trusted. I'll never believe a word they say ever again.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

None, she is perfect to play against and with, she doesn't need changing

• Tangero
    Tangero Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2019

Prayer beads removed and power recovery nerfed and power recovery addon changed to something else

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2019

Agree with all minus the "deafening". She's supposed to be a killer that relies on hearing, not eyesight. It's a good design in theory, gives ample space for skill expression, and does not need to be taken away.

The problem is that the way she is played now doesn't require much eyesight or hearing; she can rely on ######### coinflip "mindgames". And calling it a "mindgame" is a bit of a stretch. It is the equivalent of hiding a coin in one of your hands, putting your hands behind your back, and asking someone to choose which hand has the coin. I picked left when I should have picked right. Such mindgame, wow.  "I guessed she was phasing but she wasn't phasing! Darn, such outplay".

I'd go as far as make a visual indicator on her character model when she phases since the sound design of this game is finicky at best and breaks every other patch.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316

Amazing on how nobody complained about any of this for a long time until Legion was gutted...

It IS mindgames, you just don't know how to play them. Maybe, instead of running out of the loop like a panicking chicken and leaving scratch marks everywhere the moment you think she's phasing like a rank 20, you should linger around the loop.

Spirit only has so many paths and options to take, depending on the environment.

Also, I don't want a fully consistent, reliable method of dealing with Spirit. Because then people (toxic elite SWF) will use that method consistently and she loses some of her power to stop Survivors.

Iron Will, body glows when she's phasing, predictable pathing, can't go through objects... git guud. There's plenty to use. But will the majority listen? Noooope. It's easier to give up and scream for nerfs while not compromising some of the power Survivors have.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2019

I'm sorry, I just have a difficult time taking seriously people who assume that anyone who wants Spirit nerfed "must be a Survivor main!1!! git gud!".

I've seen not a single high-profile killer main claim that Spirit isn't overpowered and does not deserve a nerf. ZubatLEL, Scott Jund, UMBRA (who is top 10 in the leaderboards for most sacrificed survivors).

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticTangentialMonkeyMikeHogu

I know it's a crazy concept, but it is entirely possible to make an attempt to see both perspectives.

PS: Suggesting taking a perk that you otherwise would not have for a single killer (Iron Will x Spirit) is not "counterplay", it's a blind-counterpick and does not even address her main issues in this case.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

No collision would be more of a buff. If you know someone is running to a window/pallet you can just appear in front of it and block it off

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Me as spirit main woud like to see a nerf to hear injured survivors, because it is waaaaaay to easy to hear and predict them with that. So my idea was that the injured screams are not directional in phasewalk. And a nerf to prayer beads, rework that addons pls.

But besides that the REST of spirit is TOTALLY FINE, there is no nerf needed in her movementspeed or anything else. You can take out the colission in phasewalk too, I dont mind about that honestly. But I saw some dumb posts of like, reduce her duroation and speed in phasewalk, and that is probably the dumbest thing I was reading.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

If you are fast enough to runt through them and block it off, you are fast enough to get a hit before they reach them. The only time, when collision benefits the survivor is when a survivor is bodyblocking to protect another one.

• Nuiveoxr
    Nuiveoxr Member Posts: 33

Mainly collision, too many times, I get hit or go down due to that.

Add-ons change Prayer Beads and Wakazashi rarity / tone them down

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited November 2019

-No collision with survivors during phasing.

-Omnidirectional sound of wounded survivors and their breathing + muffled sound, like release version sounds of Wraiths (All this only in phasing).

-Proper indicator of phasing whilist in TR, make her glow more obvious (instead of her faint glass shards glow, make it whole character or something else).

-Window vaulting animation.

-Prayer Beads, leave no phasing sound, but remove injured moans and scratch marks during phasing. This will leave it as a "I grab you out of that gen, but I suck at anything else", a true sidegrade that changes the playstyle, that's how purple and red addons should work.

Spirit is the least fun killer to go against since release version of the Legion.

It is also the easiest killer to play in dbd, even if you are bad, you are guaranteed to get some kills.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Rework prayer beads, nerf wakazashi saya

Remove the stupid stand still to mindgame thing, add a vault animation.

Give survivors more information about where she is like moving the grass

Remove collision with survivors while phasing.

These would make her a lot more fun and fair to go against, without making her trash. She will still be a top tier killer.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

The cointoss scenario (~50%) is fine and dandy in any context if it involved only two opposing forces.

A killer is in contest with 4 people at the same time, regardless if those 4 are cooperating or not. Each of them being in a "fair 1v1" shouldnt be a thing.

• Cyro
    Cyro Member Posts: 79

So fighting a Spirit should just be a complete coin toss scenario every single chase because of the ''1v4'' argument?

Because that's what fighting her legitimately is right now, a coin toss, if you're healthy you have a very small chance to avoid a hit if you somehow manage to confuse her while she's phasing (which doesn't happen against even a half awake Spirit).

I don't like the 1v4 argument because it's an extremely black and white way of looking at it, because what you're basically saying is screw counterplay I have to fight 4 of them so let's just flip a coin and see who wins, while the coin toss is heavily in the Spirit's ballpark mind you.

• legacy
    legacy Member Posts: 53

Prayer beads remove, no collision in phase, a volt window animation

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

A coin toss is an EQUAL chance for both sides. It cannot favor any side.

I was saying it SHOULD NOT be like that.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Both sides are supposed to have and equal and fair chance when stupid safe pallets exist

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

As we all know, she's balanced, when it comes to casual SWF groups with voice communications, even in case of Hex Perks, Prayer Beads Bracelet Add-on, (...).

I'd, personally, welcome a lot a complete rework of the Prayer Beads Bracelet Add-on, so that we'll have a better version of Dried Cherry Blossom Add-on. There is no Add-on, that has the same effects as this one. I want Prayer Beads Bracelet to have the same effects as Dried Cherry Blossom, to be moved into Ultra Rare rarity or quality, to stack with Dried Cherry Blossom or that Bonsai, but to increase those bonuses - So, to MODERATELY increases the frequency of passive phasing, and to MODERATELY increases the passive phasing duration.

Other than that, nothing else should be changed. Not even a thing.

But, knowing BHVR... They're unable to fix Add-ons only, they have to rework the Killers completely - As a proof, we got the current F. J. S. J. - Instead of fixing the mending bug, they've straight-changed this Killer completely, and made him / her even worse than our MacMillan. Then, we got our Sally, AKA Nurse; ''We're gonna completely rework the Add-ons.'' - And, guess what. The Add-ons were reworked, but her Power was reworked too, even though, they haven't mentioned a thing about it.

As I've been mentioning over and over, if Yamaoka is gonna get the same treatment as Sally, or F. J. S. J., then there would be no reason to play as a Killer for me.

I'd then turn into a Survivor main, using only the best Toolboxes - The Bloodpoints would be farmed by camping every single Survivor that ever gets Hooked by my Bubba. It's not like that I'm threating you all, but just giving you the informations on what to expect from me, if Yamaoka gets... gets BHVRed.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

remove collision with survivors while phasing

survivors can hear the phase sound while in a chase with the killer

add vault animation

prayer beads makes the phase sound map wide

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited November 2019

Prayer Beads has to go, that's obviously the number one priority for almost everyone.

Like others, I believe there needs to be some realistic feedback on phasing so survivors can respond reactively, not just a complete guessing game where the Spirit gets precise information while you get nothing.

Other than that, I'd really like passive phasing removed, or limited to the add ons that currently increase it. It's a very strong effect for literally 0 effort on the killer's side. It is a completely luck based mechanic that can end chases with absolutely no input from the player. Oh she JUST HAPPENED to turn and double back right while she was invisible? Well ######### you for not reacting to that 0 information you got, you're downed.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

1. Prayer Beads Gone.

2. Have her phasing map wide

3. A possible vault animation

And that's it really.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

None because they are going to go overboard with it.