Name the most ludicrous idea you've had for a killer

Either it be your own concept or a strange idea for a buff post em down below

My idea was adding claptrap from borderlands with his power literally just being "you can give survivors a high five but your incapable of causing any harm"

Or perhaps as a buff to crouching around - while initiating a healing action while crouching (if that's a thing) you gain a 5% healing speed increase for 2 seconds

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

My recent killer concept is based around placing "entityblocker"-walls (that slow survivors down a bit when touched, and injure survivor when touched for too long) or traps that spawn huge circular cages made out of such walls, plus some randomly placed walls in those cages. The slowdown effect would spread to nearby normal objects.

Its generally to block loop routes or punish attempted "optimal" pathing.

• marvelmovie
    marvelmovie Member Posts: 195

Chucky dragging a survivor to a hook and just being in Dead By Daylight just in general.

• marvelmovie
    marvelmovie Member Posts: 195

I guess so but I'm being sarcastic, It would actually be awesome little girl.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

My first idea I had for a killer was way back before Huntress became a thing, and it was a fat generic butcher/chef type that threw cleavers.

Thankfully, I never went through with it and posted the idea anywhere.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Not gonna lie, at one point I said imagine if a killer similar to spider-man was in the game. He could swing above the map and web survivors to slow/stop them. Obviously this should never happen but it was fun to imagine.

• jmaximo93
    jmaximo93 Member Posts: 122
    edited November 2019

I always thought a killer that didn't rely on walking to hooks would be cool. Like, when a survivor is downed they summon a crucifix that holds the survivor up and acts like the hook. Then I realized that with NOED this mofo would be unstoppable. Noone would run up to the "hooked" survivor just to get insta hooked themselves.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    edited November 2019

"Not Important" from Hatred as killer. I mean, I like the idea, but I don't think he would fit in the game, because honestly to me this game doesn't feel like a horror game, it's more like a paraody of a horror game. The only killer that kinda scares me is Michael.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

A T-Rex with feathers.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Mate, adding Jeffrey Cuddletrousers to DbD would be an interesting one.

• Xerge
    edited November 2019

Maybe if done correctly. In my opinion you'd have to setup the right atmosphere to make him fit. For example; game should become black and white if you face him (except for things that need to highlighted like fire, blood and scratchmarks) and he should have his own chase music, maybe something similar to the trailer. Then again, I don't know how he would be able to see sneaky survivros if everything is black and white. Maybe he should be able to see in color while survivors are the only ones who see everything in black and white. I don't know. But yeah, setting the right atmosphere for him would actually make him scary.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

You don't even need to make the game black and white, but what I'm more concerned about is simply, like with people suggesting Chucky or Pennywise, "What would his power be?"

• Chicken
    Chicken Member Posts: 123

a shapeshiffter killer that changes into objects (trees, lockers, boxes, generators, walls) and can one shot a close survivor!

• Xerge

Well, he is able to run pretty fast in Hatred. Maybe a speed buff that lasts 5-6 seconds? I think he would basically be an m1 killer after all.

• Alexmon70
    Alexmon70 Member Posts: 92

Reverse bear trap has a 1 in a 50th of chance to malfunction and kill the survivor

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I always thought it would be nice if Trapper had the following:

1. Base kit to start with 3 traps and all traps on map are already set.

2. Trapper can trap generators so failed skill checks harm survivors.

3. Trapper can trap hooks so if survivors try and sabo them they get hurt.

OP but fun ideas.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

A killer that can hide in a locker and can automatically ambush and grab who walks in front of it.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

Not really a new killer but I'd love for most killers who are weak be given a second ability. For example Wraith.

Wraith - Alt Fire emits a thick gray fog from the Wailing Bail. While The Wraith is within the fog they are Undetectable and the sound of their wailing bail is muted.

While survivors are within the fog their vision is obscured and they are oblivious.

Something like that just because I consider Wraith weak and I'd like to see a smokescreen ability (Not Clown) but on its own the ability sounds weak. With Wraith it makes sense because it's all about stealth and ambushing survivors.

Regarding actual concepts I want two kinds of killers. One is a killer that throws a hook or something to grab survivors from a distance.

Another is I'd like a killer who has special passive traits such as 2 Killers on the map you can swap between where they have something like 6 perks in total (3 each). It would allow for a lot of cosmetics, the UI could have a special button for selecting both at the same time to look flashy and such at the killer loadout and it could let BHVR try something new regarding killer abilities.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

I'll say Naughty Bear because BHVR actually made that game, when the company went by Artificial Mind and Movement

• Psychopathy
    Psychopathy Member Posts: 21

I thought about a killer who can possess or disguise as objects, somewhat how bamboozle works, and manage to control the map that way. Imagine for a second, the gen that you're working on just starts moving and whacks you