"Nerf everything"

Options

Main reason I'm posting this is because I'm just amazed about it and wondering whether it's just me who thinks like this, or if I'm missing something or what..?

Okay so lately I've seen loads of posts with "Nerf NOED" "Nerf Spirit" "Nerf BT, DS, OoO, Medkits, Syringes, Freddy, Nurse, gen times, hatch stuff, keys, etc." and I just don't get it. Like you have the group of people who only plays killer, group who only plays survivor and a group that plays both. The first 2 groups almost always complain about the other one. "Meh devs always listen to survivors we can't get kills" while the other group says "Meh devs always listen to killers and make it impossible for us".

And yeah okay, I do agree some of them are a little too op in my opinon, like spirit, but that's probably because I really can't counter her sooo yeah.. I think that's partly me being just bad against her lol. I myself only play survivor, but I really don't get why (as an example) NOED or Nurse are such big problems.

NOED can be pretty annoying, yeah, but that's really not a reason to be like "NOED too op, nerf". I know totems aren't the main objective I guess but that's not a reason to not cleanse totems. If you notice only 3/4 of the killers perks and they seem like oNe oF thOsE pEoPLe then just keep an eye out for totems and just cleanse them right away.

I just don't get why everyone keeps complaining about almost everything. I do agree there's some stuff they could change or do better, but that's maybe a couple things and it's not game breaking or anything. And if this game really is that bad, then just stop playing for a while and perhaps come back once they did change stuff.

Just to be clear, I'm not attacking anyone or saying suggestions are bad but the posts that think they're opinon is a fact and are demanding stuff gets nerfed because it's "pure bs", is just dumb to me. Buuut that could also very well be just me :)

(Hope u enjoyed my book lol)

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

I consider myself not biased and try to see both sides:

Nerf keys, DS, and gen times

Buff killers, killer perks and totems

See. We are not all biased.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November 2019
    Options

Every match is going to have unfair OP stuff in it. There are 17 killers and 134 perks in the game, plus a few dozen survivor items, probably 200+ add-ons, and something like 75 offerings. Even if all the consistently "omg this is so OP" stuff got nerfed tomorrow, there would be a bunch of new goalposts for what's considered OP.

This reminds me of a point I have made to people about Mario Kart many times over the years. They play the game, and get tossed around by blue shells and other crazy items, and get hit 6 times in a row, and get frustrated and go "Wow this game is so unfair, I was in the lead and it just gets randomly taken away by these BS catch-up items!" The thing is, these players think they're playing a racing game, but they're actually playing a crisis management simulator. It's not about if the overpowered stuff nails you, it's about when, and then how you prepare for and recover from it. When you start planning around mitigating worst-case scenarios, you finally start to see the strategy and substantial nuance in the game with clear eyes.

Dead by Daylight is a bit different, but it shares a lot of similarities. It's a game about information management. Acquiring information about your opponent, and denying them information. Learning what perks and items your opponent is running, and learning how to learn that stuff -- that *is* the game. If you know survivors are running Borrowed Time, or they're likely to have Decisive Strike, you can tactically respond to it, and so on and so forth. I'm not saying some of this stuff ISN'T overpowered and slightly unfair, but in a game with as many options and combinations of factors that DBD has, you have to learn to roll with those punches instead of just complaining about everything. Just... try to develop a freaking game plan more often, people.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

they should nerf the word nerf it's getting out of hand

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited November 2019
    Options

What do you mean bias?! I've never seen such a thing on this holy site...never I have...never. I promise everyone here is obviously unbiased including me I have no bias either!

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    Options

Tears of denial (messages from salty losers) needs nerfing

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Yes Nerf the whole game!!!

😀😂🤣

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    Options

Much love from me lol, it was the only thing my mind came to over the salt messages you get, it feels like that ability is what the loser tries to pull

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

If the majority of players complain about something, there is usually something problematic about it. People don't want things changed, nerfed or buffed for no reason.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

So camping and tunneling is problematic then? Because a lot of people are seen complaining about it from time to time. I don't actually think it is problematic just saying that what you are saying isn't exactly always true.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Well, I put the "usually" there for a reason :)

It makes sense people complain about camping/tunneling because it is the most annoying and frustrating thing to experience as survivor. I would like some more punishment for killers but overall, it's fine really.

• disconnectbybuglite
    Options
  • VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

So people in this thread advocate and cheer on nerfs to Survivors, but their whole demeanor is "if you nerf Spirit, why not just remove all Killers" when a nerf to Killers is brought up.

Hypocritical.

Oh boy, how did I ever main Hag back 2 years ago in Red Ranks before Survivors got a year or two of nerfs while Killers got buffs followed by buffs.

I must of been a god at this game. :I

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

The problem is that you assume red ranks have anything to do with being good at the game which they don't as potatoes can still be seen in all ranks.

All those nerfs and still we escape more matches than we die in. ?

• VexTheHex
    Options
  • PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Certain perks/Kiler Powers do make me feel like I've been cheated out of the game.

There's been games where I've ran a killer, stealthed and dodged them just to get hit by NoED and die on my first hook. Too many times have I been cheated by a Billy or Bubba only charging and using their chainsaw in body-block distance. Hags who put 5 traps up the basement and question how I accuse them of tunnelling when they just come back for me.

So, yeah. I'm gonna call for a minimum safe distance on Hag traps to hooked survivors, I'm gonna question why we need a one-shot weapon base, I'm gonna question why NoED is so popular between ranks 19-14 and 7-1 and we don't get a warning until the first hit.

All I want is for people to openly discuss. Just look at my thread about Chainsaw nerfs. I ask if we need one-shot downs in a basic kit and all I get were "git gud" messages with adivce I already know. People don't want to discuss on here. They wanna whine about things they don't like in the game. And yes I am guilty of this too on occasion, but I do attempt to open conversation where I can. It just feels like most people on here are so heavily into their own opinions that they aren't willing to change.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Show those statistics please. Iirc the latest i have seen to that show almost 50% across all ranks from 10-1 it gets above 50% and from 10-20 below 50%.

• VexTheHex
    Options

Was from the Devs that floated around here for awhile.

But ya, from my personal experience on both sides of the playing field, Killers typically win the match. I tend to spare the last 1-2 people though, so I actually make Killers look weaker... guess I should stop hurting the stats. :o