Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Remove the grabbing feature from hook.

It's so situational and can be useful, but unfair at the same time.

What do you think?

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Lol no wsy..basic killer grabs are already severely bugged

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I think that without it, barring the killer bringing STBFL, an uninjured survivor can make a guaranteed hook save. There are enough mechanics in the game that let survivors make totally unsafe saves, there don't need to be more.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154

Say if a survivor is about to die or go into second phase and the killer is camping/ proxy camping. You try to save them but you get grabbed because the killer is spamming his button to grab you. Do you not see how that can be a little unfair?

• No need in removing it .

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I think I understand where you are coming from, but it's on the survivor for being grabbed when trying to unhook someone.

Survivors tend to run to the hook and running leaves scratch marks that the killer can see. If the killer returns to the hook to find you there trying to unhook your team mate just don't do it, run away and be a distraction so that someone else can unhook the survivor safely. I'm tired of survivors taking a hit to unhook me, that most of the time leads to switch places. Yeah, thanks for unhooking me and switching place with me, but that doesn't help our team.

What do you think?

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

100% fair

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

I really like that feature, why is it unfair? I understand it can be frustrating for survivors but normaly the killer just gets the grab because the surv played it bad or the killer was camping and in higher ranks it's usually the first

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154

I personally have no problem with being grabbed as I hardly ever get grabbed anyway since I do the phasing trick to prevent killers from grabbing me, but constantly watching others get grabbed tends to be annoying,

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

no? That's a fair interaction. You were the one that waited that long to go for the save. You (or someone else if you were being chased) could have easily just gone sooner and not risked it. So if you do risk it and it doesn't pay off then that's just the risk in the risk vs reward dynamic.

In anycase you should not get a free unhook if the Killer is right there. DO NOT UNHOOK IN THE KILLERS FACE.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited November 2019

Isn't the only killer who can spam that the Doctor in treatment mode? Otherwise, to grab someone from a hook/vault/generator is the same as the main attack button (for PC users, M1). Killers can't spam that, there's a cool down afterward (whether they hit or miss) during which the killer is stuck in an animation and the survivor can make the save.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Baiting grabs have won me games. Absolutely not.

Game is already limiting as it is.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295

Lol what a stupid thing to say

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

my response to the title:

No.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Better title: can my teammates not try to grab me the instant I'm hooked? Unfortunately the answer remains, but hook grabs only really happens if someone is stupid, or a stealth killer is there, but stealth killers would need that help as they are quite slow in the game due to having to stay hidden for full stealth power