Survivor basically unplayable on PS4

Options

Is it just me or have survivors been getting disconnected a lot as of late on PS4? I just played two games of survivor and both times I got kicked to the loading screen and it told me “No Network Connection”. So then I switched to killer and after two hooks, all of the survivors got kicked from the game. It showed the DC symbols on all survivors but didn’t play the sound it makes when somebody leaves the game so it was a legit connection issue. I then got a “Brutal Killer” but not the “No Network Connection” error.

I just would like to know if anybody else has experienced these issues lately on PS4.

Comments

• Giantskiller57
    Giantskiller57 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2023
    Options

Post edited by Giantskiller57 on
  • immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Yeah I rarely get removed in game..

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

Yeah, I usually get errors in the queue while it's looking for a lobby. I don't get kicked while actually playing matches very often. Not lately, anyway.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Only DC i have had is when i'm in the loading screen about to join the game. Never had a DC mid game, yet..

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

I've had that issue happen a couple of times, although it might be a Sony issue rather than a dbd issue

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

Been playing for the last 5 hours or so and I've had one dc mid game so far. I'll usually get around 1dc error every ten games or so. No idea why but I've just kind of gotten used to it and accepted it.

The one that happened today was actually with my buddy. It kicked me about 1 minute into the game and said everyone had escaped like the killer dced. Him and the other two were still in game though and it was only I who was dced.

It is normally only survivor when this happens. Killer is normally pretty good with that.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I started playing around 3 AM EST (I’m a certified night owl) and I got booted to the loading screen mid match from two survivor rounds then all survivors crashed THREE consecutive times in my killer rounds. The game didn’t state I disconnected because I still got my points but all survivors crashed. I restarted my app and PS4 and it still continued.

Honestly it might be a Sony issue so I’ll be trying again later today but I’ve never had this issue five consecutive times.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Hey i have not had this issue but totally got error coded alot while searching for lobby's with my buddy. We got 4 error codes in a row LOL then we struggle like all hell to find a lobby with a ping below 200.

I have never had this issue I tried to report it to the bug forum I think just to ask if something is going on with ps4 because its definitely weird.

I got told it was my connection... I have never had this issue ever I have been playing for over a year, me and my friend never had issues finding lobby's with good ping ever but this update is really something.

I am sure they have done something I have no idea what and have given up trying to get attention and answers from the mods on this as I feel they are not listening.

I feel sad about it i have supported this game for along time and feel like ps4 issues just are not getting much feedback and feel this new update has really hurt ps4.

Even as my main role as killer I don't struggle with bad connection at all. But the frame rates are really messed up on some maps.

Also I know it's not my connection I have really good Internet so.. 🐷

Will keep reporting even tho they blame my Internet.. I really hope they work on improving the state of things on ps4

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

I got disconnected from a match as killer it showed all the survivors DC'D manually too.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    Options

I’ve gonna this bug as killer during mid chase it show all survivor DCed at the same time, but they just got kicked.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Yeah it was happening to me a few weeks back repeatedly. I mostly have the loading in issues when doing swf it will almost consistently boot one or more of us from lobby over and over again.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

This.

But its rare for me. Only happens about once a night.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Yeah this happens to me occasionally as both killer and survivor....

• heavendog
    heavendog Member Posts: 35
    Options

I definitely do get errors, but it's only like twice when I play for a good 2-4 hours

• OldManGloom
    OldManGloom Member Posts: 51
    Options

I play on PS4 and it happens occasionally but not enough to make survivor unplayable. It just so happens to happen mainly when you're really looking forward to playing a game, so it's most likely just the Entity trying to give you a hard time.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

@MegMain98 Question: Do you play on a PS4 Pro?

My son and I play DbD on the same internet at the same time in the same room. I use a normal PS4, he uses a PS4 pro. I am almost never disconnected, he gets disconnected about once a session... You would think the pro is better, it is by far not a better system. DbD isn't the only game we have issues like this on. We just finished (basically-the end boss is bugged) Remnant, and he would continually get kicked out or experience game breaking lag on that game and many others as well.

• GeminiCrow
    GeminiCrow Member Posts: 55
    Options

That literally happened to me with Demogorgon yesterday on PS4. And as a Survivor, my autosave entity ring never stops spinning, sometimes through the whole match! It hasnt been supporting my connection as well since the patch.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Yeah, I’ve gotten disconnected as killer and survivor and have it happen vice versa.

It hasn’t been happening as of lately though