Altruism Experiment closed several hours before it should have.

We've received an email and the servers are offline. Those of us that had to work and couldn't get our games in on time just wasted time doing this. I got in just a few games and had survivors dc in half of them. This is incredibly disappointing, I rearranged a lot of things because I was excited to participate here, but it doesn't matter.

Bit of a rant, but half my post are on trying to remove toxic behavior and be more altruistic. Sucks that the experiment around that very thing was abruptly shut down without warning and kicking those of us out that didn't do it in the early part of the experiment.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Same thing happened the last two times. Just par for the course.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Ah yes, if only they invited someone who lives at their job and basically does nothing all day who would have enough time to partake in the experiment that lasted only a few hours; someone like this guy.

Minor disappointment aside, it sounds like they got all they data they needed for their experiment within the first hour and a half, there were a thousand players that got invited so it's not far fetched. They probably gave out a rough estimate of how long they thought they might need and then cut if off once they did, it is their experiment.

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105

Yeah, if they got what they needed then cool. But at least give a heads up before hand that they only need so much info and may stop it early.

• HeshNeedsCandy
    HeshNeedsCandy Member Posts: 7

Are you... are you serious? Your instructions were very clear. Were you available ALL of the time that was clearly documented ahead of time??

No. No you weren't. You shouldn't have signed up in the first place if you couldn't even make the VERY FIRST obligation.

"Directives

• Be available to play your matches on November 8th between 8AM EST and November 8th 16PM EST (XXXPM UTC to XXXAM UTC)...."

You deserve absolutely no right to complain, at all. Even if you were available per the time that was asked, and even if you were still upset it was cut early, it is not your experiment, it isn't your call to make.

This time was voluntary, and for the purposes of collecting data. Anything beyond that is you taking this way too personally. Grow up.

I'm the biggest advocate of de-toxifying this community so seeing posts like yours I am sorry but you have to know I'm calling you out as inappropriate, arrogant, and uncalled for.

If you're trying to help you've missed the mark entirely....failing to see your post reeks of this sense of entitlement. You signed up to volunteer your time. NO ONE TOOK IT FROM YOU AND NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING. The directives were clearly written and you signed up. Those are the facts. It's done, move on. Delete this thread PLEASE

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Yikes, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. When you state "Be available to play your matches on November 8th between 8AM EST and November 8th 16PM EST (XXXPM UTC to XXXAM UTC)...." that means do your matches in that time frame, not specifically right when it starts.

Also it's really cringe when you say you wanna "de-toxify" the community when you make that big of a post because someone is disappointed that the experiment closed hours earlier than it should have.

• HeshNeedsCandy
    HeshNeedsCandy Member Posts: 7

You're ignoring the OP i think. I know what it means, you know what it means, the OP does not. He complained about how he couldnt make in all his matches cuz of work. So he missed, and now you've missed what it means somewhere along the line. Once again I'll bring up: he was not available during all the time that was asked, so he missed out and has no right to complain and waste all of our time like this. He needs to know this is poor behavior.

I do not mind that anything appears really cringe to you, this is your call to make. I can't control that. "That big" of a post? Why is that important ...? A message is however large it needs to be.... Have you seen a book? They might scare you! Some of them are *entire stories long!!!* like, they had to use multiple pages!

If this was just about "someone disappointed that it closed early" then why is there even a post to begin with. You are not acknowledging any of the relevant information here. meet me halfway at least man.

• TATAHARAMBE
    TATAHARAMBE Member Posts: 120

I got invited in this experiment. In the first hour, I got matched with the same 6 survivors (while I was playing as killer). After 3 or 4 hours, I couldn't even find a game. I waited 30 mins for a full lobby. I couldn't play all the 15 games because of the long waiting time.