Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The "must have" perk for survivors

2»

Comments

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151
    Prove Thyself/Leader

Woah wait, am I the only one using Prove Thyself ? Coupled with Bond this perk is perfect if you want to gen rush

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Other (comment yours)

or if you want ez 8K points :D

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Self Care/Inner Strenght

Selfcare and Iron Will

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    DS

I need DS regardless of what build I’m runningDS is the perk that never leaves my build, the tunneling and camping is insane on PS4

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
    edited November 2019
    Other (comment yours)

No Mither, what else?

For real, I think Leader is one of the best surivor perks.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407
    DS

Decisive Strike.

Why?

Pretty simple. It doesnt matter if it got its use every game. Sometimes you dont know if the killer didnt tunneled you because he thought you have it. What it does is making sure that after you got unhooked you have a realistic chance to escape/chase the killer or waste enough time to punish such gameplay. Being dead on hook or already dead is a big deal and DS is making sure once that the killer just skip a whole chase like with a mori by just going for a tunnel to skip a chase. The cheap way to buy map pressure in exchange for your fun in this game. It's the "oldest problem" as survivor, gettin camped and tunneled and back in the days there was no way to help you out or punish the killer for doing so.

My perk build is: DS, Unbreakable, Inner Strenght

every perk works together but also for its alone. But Iam sure that when I get carried to the basement that the killer dont have to believe he can easy tunnel the blood out of my body. He still has to earn it or give up about 60 seconds.

So yea in my opinion it's THE survivor perk and everytime I see someone getting tunneled, not using ds im like "Yea if you had run DS you wouldnt feel screwed right now"

And it's also a breath for the team. If I see someone using DS i am like "thank god we're not dying like flies" and sometimes it feels so relieving seeing the entity spikes switching. Like when the killer is escalating and the whole team is about dying by camping, tunneling and slugging as smart as possible^^

In short: It's DS.

Borrowed Time is also very good, but yea for many complicated reasons (solo queue) im not running it that often anymore. Even it's technically better than DS.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,713
    Other (comment yours)

It changed a lot for me over my time of playing.

When I first got into the game, it was Urban evasion, then it became Self Care for a while followed by Spine chill and then lastly dead hard and decisive.

As of now I don't really have any must have perks as I'm making different builds with survivors so I can just play what I feel like in the moment. I have a head-on build with dwight, an immersive build with claudete and the meta build with david. I plan to do a healing build with someone, a bl build with meg and a sabo build with jake. Not sure on other builds yet. Maybe a no mither build on someone would be interesting.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Other (comment yours)

Adrenaline

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Other (comment yours)

None for me. I tend to use Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, and sometimes Self-Care, lately DS too because of those dang tunnelers.

However, none of them are a must have for me. I tend to flex between matches and change my strategy every now and then. It'd be boring for me to use the exact same loadout with every survivor in every game. So while there are some good ones that I really like to use (BT, DH), you'll usually find myself using other perks just as much, like Bond, Unbreakable, Small Game, Iron Will, Breakdown, etc.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November 2019
    Other (comment yours)

Alert is my favourite Perk. The amount of information it gives me, as a solo player, is insane. Also Small Game...

But I know they are not for everyone. lol

@Michael_Myers Pharmacy is better than Self Care. Any healing perk is better than Self Care now, after the heal changes. Honestly I can't understand why anyone would even run Self Care these days.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Other (comment yours)

Spine chill

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Self Care/Inner Strenght

My next pick would be urban cuz I like to crouch fast

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Sprint Burst/Balanced Lnding/Lithe

Do you know if fixated goes faster than urban?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Borrowed Time

Pretty much a tie with DS though.

• KinglyKingVee
    KinglyKingVee Member Posts: 15
    Borrowed Time

I say BT. DS is probably a close second, but you need to be downed again fast to get use out of it, and that's not guaranteed. BT works similarly and with more success, IMO. If everyone ran it, it would be something of a mini-DS.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Borrowed Time

I usually find myself unhooking a survivor with the killer nearby, so I usually always use Borrowed Time when I have it. Otherwise I'll use Lithe.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Self Care/Inner Strenght

Yes, and I said crouch. Sometimes the object between you and the killer is too short to stand behind.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    Dead Hard

I mean it is just an over glorified meme perk, it’d only be useful if it could be used by itself without Q&Q. Also if it’s 3 second countdown started when you start entering into a locker instead of after the animation finishes. Also the fact that it leaves you exhausted makes it utterly worthless against exhaustion addons and makes it suck compared to every other exhaustion perk. The perk should be a 40 second cooldown perk, not exhaustion based.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Other (comment yours)

While I usually play solo and do use prove thyself in a lot of my builds for easy objective points, I have actually found myself using Better Together a lot with it. Instead of me having to find people to work on gens with, they can see where I am instead. I also see where people are in relation to someone who has just gone down so I can gauge whether I need to run for the save or continue working on at the gen I’d already been on.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2019

empathy and bond. I like to be aware of what my fellow survivors are doing. It helps me to know if I should go for the save. It helps me find gens and it also shows me where I should not run if I'm being chased. I can avoid the other survivors, so they can be doing more useful things.

It has also shown me at times when another survivor is bringing the killer straight to me! Ha. :)

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Other (comment yours)

WGLF

Because cheesy BP grind

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Other (comment yours)

Spine Chill. It denies stealth killers and is one of the most reliable perks for stealthy survivors. It's an addictive perk though, since if you unequip it you'll be caught off guard a lot of the time.

• wait4him2leave
    wait4him2leave Member Posts: 118
    Other (comment yours)

Premonition. A head start in a foot race with someone that is faster than you. My Spirit counter.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Other (comment yours)

Woa... how is Alert not up there?!?

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78
    Other (comment yours)

Iron Will ftw

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Self Care/Inner Strenght

If I down you, because one of your teammates did a very stupid unsafe unhook, and I then face a ds on you, that is pretty much the point where I will tunnel you out of the match for it. ^^