Could you restore the expected waiting time in the matchmaking system?

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583

@not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits Why did you remove the expected waiting time for the queues of survivors and killers? We are experiencing strange matches these days, with very staggered ranks, and unfair trials for either party. If there is an insufficiency of killers or survivors, the times get longer and the matchmaking meshes widen, both geographically and in rank, but, knowing the expected waiting times, each player can quickly understand if there are bad proportions and change role. More funny and more efficient for all the playerbase. :)

Comments

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

estimated times will never work as intended, so noone needs times that do not match up with reality

• Entità

@MegsAreEvil Do you think the developers are not able to make a good calculation algorithm?

• Entità

No other comments?

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

They need to just straight up revert it back to the lobbies being made instantly for killers since that system clearly works better than the bugged system currently in place. If they manage to make improvements to their test system for dedicated servers, then they can try putting it live again. But keeping the inferior system in place when there's obviously a better alternative (even if it is an older one) is just a horrible management choice.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

The estimated wait time was active because of the matchmaking changess. (the you have less waiting time but get matched with rainbow of ranks)

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Imagine a game like Fortnite with 20 minute waiting queues

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited July 2019

I don't know why you people are arguing about something that will get fixed big time with dedicated servers literally on or before September

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Its not like lobbies are broken since the realease of the game and people are actually getting tired of this lobby simulator.

:)

• Dehitay

You seem to misunderstand. The current system is the one that they're testing for the dedicated servers. Even though the tests have already failed and it's still in place. By adding dedicated servers instead of killer hosted servers, it's not going to improve matchmaking at all. On the contrary, there are likely going to be some unexpected bugs that slow it down even more.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited July 2019

Well estimated wait time is all about how many survivors and killers is in the queue and of course in your area/timezone so if not enough killers or survivors exists then it would take longer and you probably get that 200 ping russian/chinese people cause everybody is sleeping or at work in your area, it has nothing to the with the game right ?

What I said was I assume me being sent to chinese/russian servers should get fixed with the dedicated servers since it will always put me on west US servers as long as people are playing if not I rather wait 10 mins to play with normal ping instead keep leaving joining on 200 ping lobbies. PTB test problems I saw was only sometimes lag and should be fixed anyway as they said. There was only servers for few hundred people so limit was reached then you were getting sent to old style killer/host lobbies so it was hard to tell if it was dedicated or not IMO.

Also I know people wanna create insta lobby and wait 10 mins for survivors to join but I don't see how it is any different to wait 10 mins to create a lobby and wait 1 more mins to get 4 survivors.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Fortnite simply needs X number of players for a game. Not X this side and Y that side.

• Entità

Have the tests failed? Where did you read it? What would this failure consist of?

• Dehitay

The goal of the system is to wait till all 5 players are found before creating the lobby,. Time and time and time and time and time again that does not happen.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

That has literally never happened to me once. Always finally make the lobby after minutes, then wait a little more, then one or two survivors appear, then wait more for the rest to come

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

The matchmaking was perfect until they devided to "improve it" in november and they made it worse on every path

• Entità
  • xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Is dedicated servers supposed to be out with chapter 13 or at the end of it. Dedicated servers are in development for almost one year even F13 release it 4 month after working on it for consoles players and work well. PC players got it since his launch in May 26 17.

And here we go again waiting on servers that probably won't work correctly at launch or be delayed.

To reply to your question yes it's totally possible the question you should ask is will BHVR succeed to restore it.

• Dehitay

There's no logical reason that would help things. All dedicated servers will do is change the host for the lobby. If there's any actual change to match making, it will most likely be things getting worse due to unforseen compatibility issues.

However, I will admit it's most likely that the current system will likely be needed come dedicated servers because the original system most likely has the killer being the host hard coded in.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

My queue times were always super fast until press triangle and wait for a lobby as killer was introduced.

• Kathpatty
    Kathpatty Member Posts: 19

My frustration level is extreme . I am getting very angry. I should not have to wait a minute or two. 20 minutes plus??????

Are the collecting data on how long PS4 players are waiting in lobbies?

The blighted event and the double blood point event was ruined for me because I could not get in any games ... this is the only place I can #########!

Is anyone even listening?

• Entità

Dear Devs, could you reconsider my suggestion after the dedicated servers have been implemented?