"It's called fair play"

Ok, so i've just had a game where i got raged at for tunneling because apparently in their mind if i down someone twice in a row FOR ANY REASON it's tunneling and i should be ashamed.

This happened because they get the person off the hook and then stood under the hook healing, which lit up my nurses calling, now playing wraith i stood around the corner and de-stealthed as i move around it and swung, so i didn't aim for anyone specifcially but i happened to hit (the now healed) person who was on the hook. Then then proceeded to run off a little and t-bag. So i chased and downed them.

After the game they raged at me, and i explained that i saw them healing and I was told "Your supposed to let me heal and go after someone else, it's called fair play" (followed by a lot more raging and crying)

Now i just wondered. How many other people believe that the killer should go out of their way to avoid hitting the same person who was hooked last, even if they stop and heal right infront of them?

Is this actually a common thought process?

Comments

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244

Thats actually funny like you can't t bag and taunt the killer and not expect them to go for you honestly you reap what you sow

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Typically its just easier to go after the other person. You run less of a chance of getting hit by a DS. The best thing wouldve been to down the guy before the heal was done, and then take care of any others in the area. As it stands, you understandably hit into a crowd of survivors and injured the freshly unhooked guy. They probably shouldve been healing at a safer area or seen you coming back if they wanna stand out in the open. All in all, you really didnt do anything wrong given that they did finish the heal and chasing the one you hit was your best choice. Just keep a DS timer in mind.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Now I don't tunnel but if you heal under the hook you can't complain about tunneling...

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited November 2019

No, it's not a common thought process. If they are healing right under the hook they are already risking going down again since the killer can come back again.

If I see the last hooked survivor soon after they are unhooked I hit them but don't pick them up because of ds, that's the only reason.

If they unhook right in front of my face I will chase the unhooker because I feel bad for the person on the hook (unless its swf obviously).

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Technically, you did tunnel, but it's not really an issue.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

A killer shouldn't have to go out off their way to make the game more easy for survivors and if you did and they got out i would say they would off said something like gg ez baby killer missing the fact that you pretty much let them get out, yes it sucks to be hit just after you got off the hook or downed and hooked again but that's your job it's their job to make it hard for you to do that.

"Your supposed to let me heal and go after someone else, it's called fair play" i would love for someone to show me where it says anywhere killers have to do that, we don't we can down them and hook them just after they got off the hook. Would survivors stop dropping pallets stunning killers to make it fair play for the killers?

I try not to camp or tunnel as it makes the game more fun but there is a few things that i will face camp someone or tunnel them, to sum up your question no a killer shouldn't go out off their way unless they choose to play like that. If survivors are going to unhook someone right in front off you, heal under the hook they are asking to be downed again and hooked.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Eh, downing the person who was just rescued is standard operating procedure for me.

Denying the safe unhook score and making them lose benevolance is the best tool we have for training people to do safe unhooks.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

until you get hit with Borrowed Time and Decisive in the same chase

• ausanimal

anti tunnel perks if a survivor plays with out say DS that was there choice not the killers, so the killer shouldn't give them a free pass because they didn't want to bring a perk.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

In my mind, if they had enough time to heal, they had enough time to escape. If you're unhooked and manage to escape and unless the killer ignores another target to specifically go for you, then that's not tunnelling. The person was at full health, so they had the potential for a full chase - they just chose to stop and start teabagging. That's their own decision and they have absolutely no reason to complain.

From a tactical standpoint I would have done a things a bit differently. Regardless of whether I hit the downed person or the rescuer, I would have chased down the healthy survivor. That will simply help you apply more pressure, as the healthy person would in theory take less time to get your next hit. That's because the other guy just got a sprint burst from getting smacked, so the healthy survivor should be closer and easier to catch up to. Plus you now have a survivor in a chase and another one who is injured (either off gens until he heals, or an easy surprise hit as the wraith when you find them again)

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

I'm a Survivor main and I've experience tunnelling and camping before, it's not fun at all. I now play both Survivor and Killer, and as Killer I play as fair as possible. I have a set of rules: I don't tunnel, I don't use noed, I don't punish the hooked survivor, I don't camp etc. No matter how fair I play I will always get hate mail e.g. "Camper" "Cheater!?" "Hacker" "Reported!" I honestly feel embarrass to be a survivor main, can't people accept that there are people out there who are better than you at this game?

• ausanimal

you must be a survivor that wants the killer to stand in a corner and wait while you heal, i just pointed out that if a survivor didn't bring a perk it's not the killers job to give them a free pass and act like they have DS. Like the person said above if they had time to unhook and heal why should the killer wait longer to give chase.

I don't tunnel or go after the person that just got unhooked i will go after the other person but if they are going to tbag because they got off the hook yep i'm heading right for you and hooking you again.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Borrowed Time is no big deal, they waste time mending, so that's a win in my book

I generally don't pick up people who were recently unhooked as slugging is a great way to buy time as necessary anyway.

• DerFan
    DerFan Member Posts: 42

the better way is always to down the hooked guy and then down the rescuer.

this gives the survivors some kind of fair play (you dont hook him again) and also gives you more time cause 1 is down, 1 has to come for the pick up and one is in chase. if your good, you down the recuer before the pick up and you will be in a very good position with alot of pressure.

u wrote, that u were standing around the corner... so you camped. if they just push gens, you would lose the game by that. just saying.

• ausanimal

ok entitled survivor keep thinking you have these rules that killers need to follow.

• wannabeuk
    wannabeuk Member Posts: 135

Sorry i think you misunderstood what i meant there. I had moved across the map and kicked a gen (yeah, i run pgtw...) and then continued on my gen patrol and spotted them healing with nurses. What i mean by "around the corner" is that i moved upto them out of line of sight and then destealthed as i moved around the corner (so that they get no warning i'm coming) using the speed burst and attacked.

I never camp a hook because it's a quick way to lose the match. Tho i do get called a camper because the person i chase runs to the hook, but that is another story.

• DerFan
    DerFan Member Posts: 42

thats fine. if you play like that and you get the camper/tunneler messages in the end game chat just send a " gg :) " and leave.

there are always people that are only happy if they escape, even if u play extrem fair, so dont worry about them.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

at that point it is tunnelling though those perks did it's job

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 82

It was bad plays all around on survivor side of things. Healing under hook right after unhook with no confirmation if the killer is busy or not is their fault. And tbagging is effectively an attempt to get the killers attention. They're just blaming killer for poor choices they made.

• Mackz
    Mackz Member Posts: 14

Here's the scoop, you're the killer, just kill them, whatever way you want. Survivors ######### talk to because you stopped them from playing the game. If I don't have an obsession in a match, I tunnel every time. They never give you an easy win so why give them "fair play"? I don't tell survivors how to beat my ass so don't tell me how to kill.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Don’t be scared to tunnel, even if you have an obsession. Getting rid of DS before endgame is a good thing, honestly.