The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor Perk: Shadow Ward

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

You are granted immunity from up to 1/2/3 hex perks. Other survivors will not be able to see your aura during the trial.

After another survivor ratted out my hiding spot to the killer, I thought it would be amazing if other survivors couldn't see my aura during the trial. This would come with a lot of downsides, so I thought it would be a great counter-balance to a powerful perk benefit.

Another benefit I was thinking of is complete immunity to aura reading; the killer cannot ever see you, but neither can fellow survivors.

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
       Honestly, if this denies all of your auras it's balanced. Think about what you're implying. No auras means no hook or dying auras so it forces teammates to explore to find you, or leave you for dead.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Peasant said:
       Honestly, if this denies all of your auras it's balanced. Think about what you're implying. No auras means no hook or dying auras so it forces teammates to explore to find you, or leave you for dead.

Most likely the second one

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited August 2018

It could kind of be counteracted by an swf group tho. As any downside would be mitigated by saying your location to your team. I love the idea of this perk but going in with friends would make this perk unbelievably broken.

• Nos37

@Zarathos
    I hate SWF. It makes it tougher for the killers; tougher for the devs to balance; we'll never get a doppleganger killer because SWF can use voice to shut that down; and now this, too.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Nos37 said:

@Zarathos
    I hate SWF. It makes it tougher for the killers; tougher for the devs to balance; we'll never get a doppleganger killer because SWF can use voice to shut that down; and now this, too.

I mean the fix seems kind of obvious. Though just make swf a separate mode with more difficult gen time and cleansing speed. Create an incentive like killer gets a fifth perk or extra bp. Swf seriously has to be balanced in a separate mode its to different from killing randos.
  • hill_o
    hill_o Member Posts: 56

@Zarathos said:
    Nos37 said:

@Zarathos

I mean the fix seems kind of obvious. Though just make swf a separate mode with more difficult gen time and cleansing speed. Create an incentive like killer gets a fifth perk or extra bp. Swf seriously has to be balanced in a separate mode its to different from killing randos.

Or they could just add voice chat to the game.

I think it's incredibly stupid that the devs keep acting like they don't like SWF either. They put it in, they haven't done anything about it since then, and you know they know full well that there are some super busted aspects of it. But instead of just giving in and making it a feature of the game (and THEN balancing the killers around it so that killers can effectively combat SWF type groups) they just keep screwing around with perks.

I think their approach of "ignore the problem until it goes away" clearly isn't working and it's time to just embrace that SWF isn't going anywhere, give solo survivors the opportunity to participate in SWF if they so choose in game, and THEN balance the killers so they can play against it.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Yeah, I think hex perks are overly strong right now, and need a counter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeGyZu8zHY&feature=youtu.be

We could totally use more genrushing by disabling NOED and Ruin anyway.

• Nos37

My goal isn't to shut down hex perks; it's to avoid survivors using Bond/Empathy to tell the killer which locker I'm hiding in.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    But if 4 people run this this negates ruin, would be this, empathy, sprint burst, selfcare. It would be damn there irreplaceable and would negate the only thing killers have. This cannot be in the game lol. This will kill the perk diversity devs trying to push.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Even if bond doesn't work or empathy, it will still be op, negating hex perks with ruin being core. And once again centralize the game even more on sprint burst and such 
  • Rune
    Rune Member Posts: 17

i don't think it's unbalanced, especially if it implies ALL auras. imagine getting hooked but your survivor friends can't find you? swf breaks this but i still think it's a good idea for a perk in the future (implying devs find a fix for swf)