Who else gave up on the rift?

Options

I was all excited to purchase the battle pass when they first announced it. I thought it would be great, but then people started talking about how hard it may be to actually complete. So I decided to wait and level up the free track and only get the pass once I knew I could finish it.

Well after playing for four days straight I pretty much give up. The grind is just way too much. I have other things in life I need to do besides sit on this game for hours each day.

My opinion is you need to reduce the grind and maybe get rid of the auric cells if that is the factor that is making it so grindy and unfun. I'd rather pay $10 each time than rip my hair out trying to complete this pass.

Also you need to do a better job of showing what people get when they level up the pass. Show all the outfits in an advertisement or something. It's so strange to try to sort through and see 1 piece of a whole set at a time.

Anyone else give up on the rift?

Comments

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207
    Options

I didn't feel it was much of a grind. I finished it and I thought it was pretty interesting to have some different goals for each match. But we'll have to wait and see once the next Tome unlocks how those objectives are.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I'd much rather it be more achievable with no auric cell reimbursement than what we currently have. I was off for the double BP.event and a lot over Halloween and played almost constantly. That, combined with the 10 tier head start and the fragments from tome 1 has me sitting at tier 30. In any other game with the amount played I should have completed the entire thing. It's so freaking grindy...

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

there are about 50 days left on it, also you can't really "give up" cuz when you play you'll progress regardless

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

Once you are done with the tome it just feels exhausting getting one fragment every 1-2 games.

I accepted that I won't reach tier 70 but I will still try and get as far as I can

I want to reach tier 42 at the very least (for the arcade charm)

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    edited November 2019
    Options

Giving my personal feedback:

I dont think I'll buy the next BP.

I just reached lvl 23 and was looking forward to get the head piece for the Huntress skin "Miss Kitty" so I could buy the full outfit at a lower price.

Got super dissapointed when I got the cosmetic and relized it was just a random reskin.

Also, charms are pointless especially for killers,Imo.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

It's probably more of a form of "I gave up caring about it". I don't like the Rift and don't care about my progress there. Of course I progress, because I play the game. But you still can "give up" about it.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

Yeah I understand and feel the same way, I got the BP this time but the next Rift I'll be a lot a lot more critical; it mostly has junk I'll never use then I won't get it. Also the charms do need a little more creativity than what we got, we got stones with vague symbols on them, that don't look good hanging from hooks. The Sadistic Puppet and Claudette charms though, that's what I'm talking about, more charms that have work put in them, to be fair, all the Trapper and Claudette charms could have been in the free track and the more detailed ones like the Puppet should have been taking up the Premium track; you know value for money and such because so far those two and the ones at the very end are the only quality charms.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Yes the rift is a bit long and they should reward 2 fragment instead of one every two games. I have all the time to play right now so it's not a problem for me yet. I definitely understand your issues though.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Well, with 1 level of archives completed I have 22 levels on rift. It all should depends on next levels quests. Which most likely will be nerfed in difficulty, especially after so many posts on forum about them being barely achievable.

What Iam trying to say is way too early to jump for conclusions.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

My BF bought me the Battle Pass, so we'll see how it goes. As it stands, I already got to level 20. And it's nice that the Tome helps further your progress, but I am nervous how much harder the Tome will get based on the sneak peek of the 4th level.

I honestly don't care about the cosmetics. I just like the added tasks to play. It just might bother my completist gene when I can't finish then.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options

I didn't even plan to purchase. Nothing worth inside.

Give us speedo Dwight, shirtles Jake and soccer David and then I'll reconsider.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I want the Claudette head! I'll try my best to get that precious head.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I wish there was something I could do to further my Rift progress while I wait rather than just grind. Even something simple would be cool, like dailies giving Rift Fragment rewards.

• Sean
    Sean Member Posts: 107
    Options

LOL if it didn't take 30 minutes to get in a game i would be done with the rift right now

• CloakedDagger1
    CloakedDagger1 Member Posts: 181
    Options

You couldn’t have finished the rift without using auric cells teir up each tier it’s 70 teirs lol you may have completed the challenges on the archives though

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254
    Options
  • concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I got my Spirit cosmetics that's all I wanted. I don't care about finish the rest but I will still do the tomes for BP and lore.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

If you dont want to spend a million hours playing you could spend 6 hours working at McDonald's and just pay $70 lol. I'm not serious, just being a prick, but you could

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

How the hell is everybody struggling? If you're "grinding", this should be the easiest thing for you. I'm at level 18 right now without really trying. I've actually gone some days without even playing. Simple math tells me that if I've made it to 18 within the first fourth of the battlepass, getting to level 70 will be no problem as long as I'm not so ridiculously impatient that I think I should be able to have everything done within a week and then rage quit when the impossible doesn't happen.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I agree with you for the most part, though it is important to take into account the fact that most people got a few tiers' head start on this particular Rift for games played before it opened.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2019
    Options

rift? more like next level plz, but seriously, 700! essence, dont you think thats a tad too much?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It's a reskin of the head piece, you can still now buy the rest of the outfit as individual pieces which still cuts a large chunk off the overall price.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

No, because the color of the head piece doesnt really fit ,Imo.

:/

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited November 2019
    Options

I know I won't be able to reach tier 70 with how much I play currently, so I've stopped caring. Casuals like me weren't made to beat it anyway.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I was pretty excited for the rift at first. Even planned to buy it but seeing the lackluster progress without challenges really put the brakes on that. I only play for a couple of hours a day, and even with challenges, I wouldn't get my moneys worth from it. I'm happy with the free rewards I'll earn either way, but I'm hoping Tome 2 will be a little less grindy and maybe have more enticing rewards.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

I was excited for the pass but man this is so not meant for casuals. Even people who play this game for hours a day are barely making it through

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    Options

I haven't given up on it, but I am a little annoyed with how much grinding they expect you to do to even get half of the good rewards. The free pass is also ridiculously underwhelming (1 item per 7 levels? really?)

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

You should know by now that this game is incredibly grindy. Always has been.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

I kinda stopped caring, too. First I was so excited to buy the battle pass, when the rift came out I almost bought it immediately but then I didn't because I wanted to see how far I can get first.

Since the rift was released, I played about 3 hours every day. I'm level 21 now.

I think for someone who's playing several hours every single day, this is going way to slow. I also have to go to work and spent literally my whole free time in this game since the rift was released. Just to see how far I can get and if I can complete it. But the way it is going now I'd have to say it is not possible for me, even if I'd continue to spent entire free time on this game and do nothing else.

I think it is also not a good solution to release the tomes on specific dates. In my opinion it would be way more motivating to finish one and then continue with the next one. The 1st tome was really great and fun to complete, but the bug that showed the 4th tome actually depressed me. In my opinion it is not possible for me to complete the challenges of tome 4, they are too luck based and I hope they'll change them.

So yeah, I kinda gave up. I'll just play normally from now on, see where I can get and buy the pass if I got far enough. If I don't, i won't buy anything, even though i was so hyped for it first...

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I am Rift level 39 atm and I am just playing 1-2 hours at a day. I am not grinding at all and I am in a decent spot and there are 50 days left so I dont see your problem lol.

• SleepyWillo
    Options

What level were you when the rift opened? The only thing that worries me is that I grinded A LOT during the bloodhunt/blight so I'm worried I wont be able to sustain this pace...

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

You guys who are saying "We dont care about the cell bonuses." Are throwing broke players under the bus so hard lmao. Also y'all need to realize this isnt a one week pass or something its literally 60 days. Its not meant to be completed by anyone anytime soon unless they buy through it.

• BenZ0
    Options

@SleepyWillo

I guess 7, for some reason I got those 7 levels for free, but I was in a game while the rift openend, my friends in my swf group all got some free levels after the rift opened while we was in a game, my other friend got 13 levels for free, idk why xD. But even though without those 7 levels I would be 32, I saw some ppl on rift level 20, I wonder if ppl get different amount of xp per game, I get 400 xp per game, for killer and survivor.

• SleepyWillo
    Options

Those levels are from backdated playtime from when the Rift was actually planned to release. We started earning them about a week or two early but we were allowed to keep those.

• BenZ0
    Options

@SleepyWillo

Alright good to know, thanks!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I also enjoyed having some sort of side goal to try and achieve with the different challenges however (after the honeymoon phase in the beginning) it quickly became a matter of people doing the rift and not playing the game.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

Tho, 3 more times will come. But tbf, at least the 4th tome has to many bs challenges to even bother.

Is it possible for a dedicated player to finish the battlepass? Yes it is. Is it possible for the average casual player who has many other stuff in his life to care? I highly doubt it. I personally think the average tier level of the average casual player won't go much higher than level 50.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

I would like to get to 70, i am 22 atm. I will only pay 10 dollars if i get to the end, not buying before that.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Loading times as well as lobby times on consoles is just way too much. To get 2 back to back matches it normally takes 45 minutes (including in match)

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    Options

I'm unable to play survivor for more than a game or two due to the struggle mechanic (bad hands) so completing it is pretty much a no go for me.