Survivors, just take your win and go

I'm tired of the same old "u suck" or whatever more colorful insults survivors send my way post-game. I see it whether I beat them or they beat me, the only difference being that one instance is them thinking they're gods, and the other instance is that they need an excuse to justify them losing (which really they do, because survivors should never lose in this game's current state). It doesn't matter if it's solos or SWF, some survivor is gonna want you to know how toxic they are. But why do that when you escaped, especially with 2 or 3 teammates? Why do you need to do that to someone who lost? "EZ". You know what I've noticed about most legitimately good players? They don't need to tell you how good they are, and they certainly don't need to kick a guy while he's down. You don't know how many losses or black pips they've stressed over in just that one session, and then you wanna add on to it with your douchebag routine? How about being humble for once? You know who you are, or you know a friend who acts like this towards killers. If you can help it, do something to alleviate some of the toxicity in this game's community. I just want to have fun.

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,105

If you're caring about pipping still not sure what to tell you. Aside from that just ignore it? leave the end game immediately if it bothers you that much. They are in the wrong, but you also don't have to acknowledge the hatred they are spewing at you.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Toxicity. Ignore it or make fun of it.

• Those toxic people abuse you if they lose and abuse you if they win.

Just to the right of the chat window is a button that hides chat.

My enjoyment of the game went right up once I no longer had to read abusive messages.

Let them wallow in their post-chat cesspool by themselves, typing furiously into the void since it's their only comfort in their dark and dreary lives.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Just turn off the end game chat and move on.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Way too many toxic people in this community but we all have to deal with it in some way. I always call out people in chat who try to abuse the Killer, we need to be positive and help each other out; we're all in the Fog together. If Trapper is placing traps all around the Basement just wait until someone unhooks you, don't suicide on Hook because you think he's camping and the person running directly towards you with BT is coming to save you.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited November 2019

I am usually not toxic but I write "ez" to killers that played toxic against me aswell including hard Tunneling on me right at the start of the game, hard camping (almost next to me) or Op addons (prayer beads, insta hatches) or Mori. But I get what you mean, I got recently 2 survivors escaping infront of me with a key and write "ez", I am like, yep I could totally do something against that.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

While it's going to happen and people have to do some self-moderation (hiding chat or ignoring it) I agree, there's no "justification" or excuse for acting that way. Personally I either say gg or nothing if that sort of stuff is going on and move on, no matter if I'm killer or survivor.

I agree that people should call out people they play with if they act like that though, I've stopped playing with people myself in the past because they were angry and negative people that only add the the pointless animosity going on in the community.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,339

I just stick to "GGs" unless I actually wanna have a chill chat with ppl who are chill back. When the game instantly ends because someone didnt load in however, I'll have abit of fun with it...

• Orchid
    Orchid Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2019

I mean ye, douchebags for sure. However, if you play scummy i agree with survivors being rude. Nothing is worse than face camping or tunneling. This situation isn t fun for anyone. I understand why you would get pissed for this. The main reason i became killer main is because i m tired of huntresses (yes, every single time there is a huntress, this happens), that just face camp and tunnel. I don t have a problem with slugging but those 2 are just awful to deal with. If a killer plays fairily he deserves respect.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    edited November 2019

Get thicker skin, laugh about it or simply close chat by default. I really don't understand why people get pissed about some random people over the world typing garbage in a chat of a 20 bucks casual video game.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

The other day I played plague for the second time killed 2 other 2 escaped.

One of the last 2 messages me( Xbox) and said “GG EZ” I said “ GG I’ve performed at the developers standards of 2 kills”.

they shut up after that.

• Huntress4Life
    Huntress4Life Member Posts: 48

I advise saying gg :) <--- that usually triggers them more

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2019

Sooo really this should be addressed to the community as a whole, not survivors. I've said it once and I'll say it again - survivors are not the problem. Killers are not the problem. Toxic people are the problem, and those exist on both sides. I get that you're just ranting, but I don't believe this kind of "us versus them" mentality is a very healthy or productive mindset to have.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Honestly I thought this thread was going to be about one of my personal gripes with the game, but nope. I hate the “I MUST be chased out the door by the killer!” Meta. You won, the killer can’t contest it any longer, take your win and go. I really don’t enjoy having to wait 75% + of EGC to see your icons change to the escapes one. If I played poorly I really don’t need to see your butt dancing selves leave, just get out and let us all go to the next game. When I’m playing survivor I’m happy to get out at the end if I know there’s no chase going on. That game’s over, time for a new one.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I like to remind the killers I beat of something they did that scared me or I thought was good when they lose. Unless they've tried tunneling or camping me then I just leave em a gg or say nothing and leave. As a killer though I get a lot those too. Funny enough when I'm beating myself up about something stupid I did I usually get the nice survivors that are like "you'll get better must keep trying :)" or something along those lines. They make the days better.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

Why does PC have a post game chat at all?

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Heh, I got Very Good Job So Far matchmaking last night when I wanted to do a just for fun Demogorgon game, got a full red rank team. Gave up halfway through. They were actually really encouraging postgame, I’d been dreading the “GGEZ” and they instead renewed a little of my faith in humanity.

• ChilledOcean
    ChilledOcean Member Posts: 31

Both sides do it and that's just the nature of dbd this community is super toxic. They should just remove all communication. But it's better then cod so you have that going for you!

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

...You could just drop a GG and leave, prevent it all from happening.

You can even disable end game chat.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I get survivors telling me I'm trash if I 4k at no gens done or 1 done at best, toxicity is a joke and they do it in the heat of the moment to make themselves feel good and you feel bad, they'd never do it in person but they can't get hurt in games so they'll keep it there.

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

As a survivor main, I really hate this behaviour. Kindness is free and can be unlimited, yet too many chose to use it sparingly.

Played a game yesterday where me and my friend managed to escape. We watched the last two survivors who was bulling this poor Ghost Face hard. Too hard apparently, since it looked like they forgot about the EGC. Ghost Face ended up with two kills after all, and me and my friend almost died laughing. Instant karma I'd say :)

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Because sometimes being mean is fun.

Depends on the killer. So yeah a spirit bringing a mori and not getting me, while being focused on my perfect butt. I'll tbag and gg ez. Not on the killer like what killer he is playin but rather how he plays. I don't have to rub it in to someone who like idk seemed desperate i guess? I rather offer advice if he/she wants any.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Just respond with ‘lmao’ or ‘:)’ , that can either cause them to make more of a clown of themselves or they’ll just get annoyed and stop. It’s funny either way lol