Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it really so difficult to add immediate penalty for dc?

ex: 1st and 2nd dc during month - 30 min block

3rd dc during month - 1 day

etc.

Like, @Peanits , why you don't like this simple idea?

Comments

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

You cant forget this game is not as big as CS GO and rainbow 6 siege and banning people whil put people away from this game

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Thats not the first time they are really slow with something, fixing Legion and other extremly underwhelming killers, Infinit windows, Server issues, FPS issues and even survivor and killer balances.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I mean in theory they could probably easily figure out if your game crashed or if you hit leave match or closed the app.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

The game crashes and bans me out for a day?

Yeah I am good

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I agree, one freebie a day and then 10 minutes per DC after that?

But to answer why not, someone already pointed out their own servers are garbage and so is steam so while they SHOULD be able to tell if you got kicked or left on purpose I’m not so sure. Plus people who did DC on purpose would probably file hundreds of help tickets claiming it was an accident.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I think the problem is figuring out if it was a DC or an actual connection problem because people can just turn off their router or system that they play on to avoid the punishments. I know that for xbox you literally can just close the game and reopen it to get past some games that try to punish you for leaving during matches so i think they want to make sure that they get the banning system right so that they don't accidentally punish the wrong people.

• johnmwarner

The problem is they can NEVER be sure, there will always be someone that figures out a way to circumvent this and they’ll share it on Twitter, etc

DC punishments are just a carrot they’ll keep promising until the game actually runs its course

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Yah I think so, too. But what about the persons who just cap their internet connection on purpose? (I assume this could be next level dc'ing once it gets punished)

Is it possible for them to find out who did it on purpose, who just lost connection or if the steam servers went down? I don't think they could track it this specific...I just think it would be too much to ban somebody just because they actually lost connection once a month.

• GhostofYharnam

I mean start small i guess. They could ban for people who hit leave match. If people are willing to pull there internet. I believe they should find a new game to play.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

Exactly something like this we need. THere need to be something just to remind people that they should no DC if possible. Just a little bit to be there sothey say okay let's not do it again unless like something super super bad happens. Because currently there is nothing and you wont care the next game either ...

Real problem though is something I said before and is still true. THe game itself is not stable. Freezeing, crashes, Steam itself dc us sometimes and that is one reason I hate they don't have their own system to connect people inside the game instead of using steam. They just rely on something they can't control which will be problematic foc dc punishment

• HaaLaRi
    HaaLaRi Member Posts: 1

I would make this part of matchmaking by pairing DC'ing players together. Example:

• 2nd DC marks you to pairing with others DC'ing
    • Punishes by making wait times longer because you can only play with other DC'ing players
    • Removes rage quitters from normal matchmaking
    • Every 2 matches without DC removes 1 DC from your record
    • Pair those with 4+ dcs to others with as much or more. This makes games better to those who suffered from bad connection or wish to redeem themselves.
    • Start from 0 DC 24 hours after last DC

If matchmaking pairs killers without DCs to these players, they don't de-bip if any of the players DC.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

They’ve already said they are working on something, you just have to be patient.

• Avocet
    Avocet Member Posts: 284

The bad thing is that even if they implement a punishment, the DCers will start dodging it by suiciding on hook.

• johnmwarner

They said it over a year ago and haven’t made any indication of WHEN, how patient are we to be?

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

True. I never understood why there is a "leave match" option in first place. Sure, real life happens, but if it does I most likely don't even have time to click this button, but just go afk instead. Sometimes it is even possible to continue with the match if it didn't took too long.

I think they should just remove this option. If people would have to close and restart the whole game everytime to dc, they might reduce this behaviour anyway.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited November 2019

It ain't as simple as that, what if the person DCed cause of a bug or glitch (like being stuck or motionless)? what if the game took him out? what if the DC was, in any way, due to external circumstances and not because of the players choice?

They need to implement consecuences, but not automatic ones unless the game manages to detect a "normality" in the DC conduct of a player, and I'd say it should actually be a harsh consecuence like a week ban or something like that.

Example (my teammates reported the killer for DCing, but she did not, it was the "one hit bug" and the killer got really mad about those reports):

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

i would suggest two or three days, but pretty good idea.

• Carlosylu
    edited November 2019

It's a little bit more complex, people can DC by hitting the "leave match" cause their game was gliched, AKA got stuck on a pallet, motionless survivors, can't start actions as survivor or killer, can't stop the blinking animation (known nurse's glitch), can't place beartraps (pig), stuck in placing the trap animation (trapper). Or even because the killer had an AWFUL lag, unpolayable for consoles, and yesd, sometimes he has a good ping, the game starts and boom, you get thrown back, you can't start animations inmediatelly, your teammates start flying, so... I'd think about using the DC button

Those people would be punished for something they couldn't control.

• GhostofYharnam

True but they could possibly track stuff like that if and when they get these dedicated servers working properly.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited November 2019

With the current state of dedicated servers they could add flat 5 min timeout after dc. It would have minimal effect on people that legit crash, but would give rage quitters time to cool off and not go ahead and ruin yet another game for 4 different people.

Harsh punishments are too severe tho.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

Yes because they don’t know why people keep DCing from their servers (when it’s an actual dc)

🙃🙃🙃

• Carlosylu

*Two years later

"Devs, can we please get dedicated servers for consoles?" LOL

No, but talking seriously, I think it's a really complex thing to do and Devs would need to hire a DC traking team in order to check case by case, I mean, helped by programming, but remember every game is recorded and has an "ID number", so, that'd be what I think they should do whyle they get to fix other things

• GhostofYharnam

Yeah true. Its just getting out of hand with the dcs.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

Survivors will just suicide, and I don't care if killer DC on me. Usually I just feel bad for it