Here's to hoping The Oni is, at least, fun and decent.

The more I think about it, the more I get excited to see a new ORIGINAL killer come to DBD. Hopefully he's fun and, at least, decently powerful.

Comments

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Aw man, forgot about them... Welp hopefully he crushes them under his foot then :^)

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I can understand bhvr being careful of making licensed killers too powerful in fear of p2w. On top of that, having had nurse as the best killer in the game for a long time now kinda allowed them to make whatever kinda killer, powerful or not, because Nurse would still always be at the top.

If the killer is original and can be unlocked through gameplay it wouldn't seem p2w. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make something more powerful (at least I am hoping they are).

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Unnatural killers often end up toptier. A demonic killer has high expectations for me. And its been a full year since they released a toptier killer and they usually release one every year. Nurse 2016, Huntress 2017 and Spirit 2018. Time to roast some survivors

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

It's gonna be The Big Daddy Yamaoka, the Ancestor of all Yamaokas. Hype

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

That is actually a good thought, having liscenced killers be a little lesser so they aren't p2w.

Hopefully Yamaoka does meet our standards of a literal demon.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I really hope it's the ancestor and not an actual humongous large demon, sure Clown is fat but being super large with epic muscles just isn't appealing to play as, I'm sure being chased by it will be entertaining but not to play as; for me.

• Your right. Hopefully his power is to help them with gens lol

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited November 2019

Oni masks have power behind them, some are even thought of as an object that seals them away and only through great turmoil or sacrifice can they once again regain their true form. It's possible that Rin's father isn't the new killer at all, and that his actions have unintentionally revived an ancient Oni trapped in the mask he acquired and coveted. All it may have needed was an offering of the blood of the innocent to be revived, and Rin's father provided that in gallons.

Either that, or Rin's fathers/mothers spirits are now donning the mask and will use it to brutally punish the living. All i'm Hoping for is another killer who is viable at high ranks. I predicted it last summer: I Said that if they "nerf" the Nurse's base kit, all that will do is prove that if the community of survivors whine hard enough... they can take down a top tier viable killer. After that, the next thing we'd see on these forums is a torrent of "Spirit/Hillbilly OP, Plz Nerf" posts, and to my chagrin, apparently I was correct in that prediction. In order to balance out this loss, I'm hoping they give us another killer that can fill in the Viability hole the Nurse left behind. As of right now, Red ranks are mostly populated with Spirit and Billy, with a few Freddy's thrown in, and some Ghost Face's, but the latter 2 don't have the same Viability power Nurse used to in order to be considered completely viable as opposed to the former.

With Spirit next on the "chopping block", I really want the next killer to be viable enough to fill in the gap, and give killer players something new they can work with in the high ranks. I'm not saying that it needs to be OP, and instead I'm Hoping that it will be competitive enough that it's able to add more Killer diversity to the high ranks than we are currently experiencing.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I prefer female killers because they are usually more interesting (Nurse, Hag, Spirit, Huntress) the best male killers are like... Freddy I guess? Idk female killers just have more interesting lore and cool designs. And more unique powers.

That being said, I hope it is her mother using the Oni Mask. Although due to someone else posting a snippet of the lore mentioning the Mask and the estate... it doesn't seem likely that she or even her father are using the mask. The original owner seems to be the most likely.

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

well psychologically females may be better, but if we are talking about more slasher, physical or realistic aspects males check out to be better in real life and fiction. a lot of the females are psychological and 110 for some reason giving them more unique powers though while literally every male is or can be 115 so their powers cant be as unique