Tome gets harder, but rift tokens stay the same?

Options
Zensunim
Zensunim Member Posts: 156
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

I'm rather dismayed that the challenges get much harder but the rift token payouts appear to be the same as before:

• Level 1: Earn 50K [base = no bonus] bloodpoints (can be done in 2 good games): 3 rift tokens
  • Level 2: Earn 20 gold emblems (can be done in 5 good games): 3 rift tokens
  • Level 3: Earn 15 iridescent emblems (can be done in 4 near-perfect games): 3 rift tokens

I mean you couldn't make it 3, 5, 7 or even 3, 4, 5?

Same with the master challenges:

• Level 1: Unhook 2 survivors in a single game: 5 rift tokens
  • Level 2: Unhook a survivor safely that unhooked you: 5 rift tokens
  • Level 3: Unhook 2 survivors safely during EGC in a single game: 5 rift tokens
  • Level 4: Unhook 3 survivors safely during EGC in a single game: 5 rift tokens

And some just feel backwards:

• Level 1: Escape as Claudette: 5 rift tokens
  • Level 3: Escape 10 times: 3 rift tokens

I understand the rift is designed to get us to play more, but harder challenges really should deliver more rift tokens to provide some relief to the grind, especially since rift tokens are the primary driver for doing these challenges in the first place.

At the way it is now, according to many that did the numbers, it takes 6-8 games a day on average (depending if you're playing every day and getting bonus XP every day or not vs. playing tons on some days and skipping others, also yay queue times) in addition to 100%ing the challenges to complete the rift. Since it's too late for Level 2, I'm hoping Level 3 and Level 4 get a bump in their rift tokens considering their increased difficulty, and making the rift grind a little less insane to complete for anyone who doesn't play this game for a living.

Edit: Clarified "reward" with "tokens"

Comments

• deriasb
    deriasb Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2019
    Options

Honestly , you should be able to do multiple rift challenges at the same time , why i can't do 3 gens on a trial and at the same time do 15 gens ? makes no sense at all! (and do get 200k bp at the same time too)

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    edited November 2019
    Options

I'd like to add that the total rift tokens have actually been reduced, tome 1 was 83 fragments and tome 2 is 73 (not counting the additional 10 as final reward)